Experience At TTJ Bank.

you just save yourself, after the wait they'd have just said no, cannot open account for foreigner 

and why did you choose that bank in the first place? if you've been on this forum long enough you should know there's only a few bank that's known good in being able to serve farang customers, let alone in Nakhon Nowhere

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

3 hours ago, FritsSikkink said:

TTJ bank?

List of banks in Thailand - Wikipedia

The letters are for different services, so it could go like this

A230

B052

B053

A231

C115

B054

C116

There is a similar electronic board at my local KBank and also at the Bangkok Bank in Kamphaeng Phet.

There is always somebody to sort a ticket out for me, and depending on which services I want, I just sit and read my Ebook until my number comes up and it will tell me which counter to go to.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, stereolab said:

I suspect that if you got to the counter your day would only have become worse.

It did, I first went last week and the teller went and brought a guy I assume was the manager, he could not understand a word of English, he went and returned with a phone and gave it to me, I answered and the person at the other end was speaking Thai, he went away and quickly returned again with the phone, I answered it and the person at the other end again spoke Thai.

He asked for my phone number and said someone will get back to me. they never did.

What a shambles of a bank.

• Sad 1
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, digbeth said:

you just save yourself, after the wait they'd have just said no, cannot open account for foreigner 

and why did you choose that bank in the first place? if you've been on this forum long enough you should know there's only a few bank that's known good in being able to serve farang customers, let alone in Nakhon Nowhere

I was told the bank was the only one who did not charge extra for drawing money at a branch in another province.

• Sad 2

10 minutes ago, NoshowJones said:

I was told the bank was the only one who did not charge extra for drawing money at a branch in another province.

IIRC, KBank charge 20 baht for an out of province withdrawal. I have no idea what Bangkok Bank charges.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, billd766 said:

IIRC, KBank charge 20 baht for an out of province withdrawal. I have no idea what Bangkok Bank charges.

It all depends on how much money you draw, if you drew over 200,000Bt you are talking about 250+ Bt. It is not the actual money, it is being robbed by paying to draw your own money that get's me.

• Confused 2
  • Sad 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

if they let you have an app, most of the big bank like Bangkok Bank, SCB and Kbank let you withdraw from their own ATM using just the app on your phone without charging out of zone fee, no yearly fee for the debit cards either, but then you are locked in to using that bank's ATM if you opt to not have the debit card

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Yellowtail said:

And who really needs to be constantly drawing money out in different provinces? 

Thailand's Internal travellers I would suggest!

We don't all stay cocooned in our condo or whatever and not venture out and explore this great country.  

Isn't that why we (all-well some) came here in the first place? 

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, NoshowJones said:

It did, I first went last week and the teller went and brought a guy I assume was the manager, he could not understand a word of English, he went and returned with a phone and gave it to me, I answered and the person at the other end was speaking Thai, he went away and quickly returned again with the phone, I answered it and the person at the other end again spoke Thai.

He asked for my phone number and said someone will get back to me. they never did.

You could have tried talking to the banks call centre. You will need a smartphone so that you can be on the speaker, and select which language you need, and follow the directions from there.

TMB Thanachart Bank

Call centre number 1428

That will lead you onto their " for this service press this number etc"

You can select the English language and work from there.

Edited by billd766

6 minutes ago, billd766 said:

You could have tried talking to the banks call centre. You will need a smartphone so that you can be on the speaker, and select which language you need, and follow the directions from there.

TMB Thanachart Bank

Call centre number 1428

He can't use a cell phone or they'll find him...

1 hour ago, NoshowJones said:

put google translate on your phone and use it.

3 hours ago, billd766 said:

TMB Thanachart Bank

Call centre number 1428

A sensible post at last, nice to see someone genuinely trying to help.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Ralf001 said:

put google translate on your phone and use it.

I already have it and it has worked well in some places, I had planned to do that on my second visit, but I could not get near anyone as people behind me were getting served in front of me, for the benefit of a certain poster, I will repeat what I said. The bank is a shambles.