Swedes will be 'sent to their deaths' if they join NATO, Moscow says as it warns the Nordic nation and Finland will become 'legitimate targets' for 'retaliatory military measures'

onthedarkside

29 minutes ago, transam said:

He was developing, remember heavy water..?

V1 and V2 rockets were the early stages of his efforts, my mum remembers those.....???? 

Hitler at the time were no where near developing nuclear weapons it was a American guy born of a German immigrant who invented the nuclear bomb after the surrender of Germany.

From memory there were 2 types tested and they had name's which I forget and not remember which was dropped on Japan. 

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, transam said:

I know the story on the H-bomb, but if Hitler had it, he would have used it. Hitler flattened countries with what he had, the V2 was there and waiting for a better munition, and the reason the allies performed an extremely important and daring raid destroying his heavy water factory in Norway......

Yes wars accelerate weaponry advancement and fortunately Hitler didn't get as far as the USA. 

It's just Finland and Sweden in NATO so what, what does that do about stopping nuclear weapons being used. 

• Confused 4

26 minutes ago, transam said:

Nuclear weapons haven't been used since 1945, since then the big players have them for their own deterrent, a bit like, don't bring a knife to a gun fight.

But the big boys also know, whom ever starts it will probably not finish it, as most parts will be dust.

Putin is a fruitcake loser, started something he thought was going to be a pushover, attacking a minnow, Crimea was his testing ground for more land grab, it is failing, because Ukraine has the munitions and fight to send the Russians on their way. 

Real similarities to Hitlers stuff, except the Russians are failing without the world's boots on the ground.

I would like Putin to call it a day but instead he is getting help from China and Iran who also see the west ganging up on them, and India another massive country and Pakistan along with other African ones that don't support or like the big policeman of the west telling them what to do. 

It's not looking good for peace in the world IMO as I see it.

Edited by Kwasaki
  • Haha 1

10 minutes ago, transam said:

Russia, China, Iran, Syria, N. Korea, even Pakistan, are all tarred with the same brush..

But China makes its money from the West, difficult for them, Russia doesn't make any money, even more so now their energy sales are cr_p. Iran is run by religious blokes, of which the young are unhappy about.

How many of these countries aid terrorists, how many African countries are controlled by yobs with guns.

N.Korea, doing its best to get Nuclear weapons to threaten anyone in reach, another fruitcake regime.

But,..... Russia has wiped out many civilian towns in Ukraine, not a few Nazis, thousands of civilians for nothing.

We must hope he suffers the same consequences as the bloke he emulates, and Russia pays dearly....

Exactly the world has enough problems as it is and many hope Putin and his followers pay yes but not the millions of Russian people who don't agree with him who been trapped in there country because of the war. 

• Like 1

Just now, Adumbration said:

No rush for Sweden or Finland to join Nato they have at least a year or two to mull things over.

Once Russia has taken Ukraine the next country Putin will invade is Moldova.  

They are already there even though Moldova wants them out.  

• Like 2

On 3/30/2023 at 4:10 AM, robblok said:

The guy has lost it, besides Putin has shown that he loves to conquer lands that in his mind once belonged to Russia and a few countries have fallen already. 

So if i were Finland that was once Russian in before 1917 and was invaded by Russia during WW2 id make sure i get in Nato asap. Russia with Putin cant be trusted anymore. 

On the other hand Sweden once invaded Russia but I agree with you.

If Xi ever thinks that what is good for Putin is OK for China too and turns against him and invades to regain the Greater China that has been lost to a history of Russian aggression it could get interesting;
Wikipedia
"What Chinese territory was lost to Russia?
Starting with the Treaty of Aigun in 1858 and the Treaty of Peking in 1860, the Sino–Russian border was realigned in Russia's favour along the Amur and Ussuri rivers. As a result, China lost the region now known as Outer Manchuria (an area of more than 1 million km2) and access to the Sea of Japan."
There is an exhausting amount of material to try to understand. but China's game of cards leaves them many options.
  • Like 1

52 minutes ago, greeneking said:
If Xi ever thinks that what is good for Putin is OK for China too and turns against him and invades to regain the Greater China that has been lost to a history of Russian aggression it could get interesting;
Wikipedia
"What Chinese territory was lost to Russia?
Starting with the Treaty of Aigun in 1858 and the Treaty of Peking in 1860, the Sino–Russian border was realigned in Russia's favour along the Amur and Ussuri rivers. As a result, China lost the region now known as Outer Manchuria (an area of more than 1 million km2) and access to the Sea of Japan."
There is an exhausting amount of material to try to understand. but China's game of cards leaves them many options.

An invasion may not be necessary.  China dwarfs Russia in every measure except nuclear arsenal, and Russia is becoming increasingly dependent on China to keep its economy going.  Putin is making Russia a satellite state of China.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, billd766 said:

It would be nice if you actually put a date when this happened.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Russo-Swedish_War_(1788–1790)

The Russo-Swedish War of 1788–1790[a] was fought between Sweden and Russia from June 1788 to August 1790.[4] The war was ended by the Treaty of Värälä on 14 August 1790 and took place concomitantly with both the Austro-Turkish War (1788–1791), Russo-Turkish War (1787–1792) and Theatre War. The war was, overall, mostly insignificant for the parties involved.

After all it was ONLY 236 years ago.

Did not know that you wanted i history lesson. But there you have it, yes.

• Sad 2