TM 30 Question

Guy's

Renting house from Thai landlady

She has given us signed copies of her I'd and tabian baan etc to use for TM 30 reporting!

If I go to another area for a few days and stay in hotel, the hotel will submit TM 30 ok.

When I return every time to house do I have to submit TM 30 again ? 

As on record last tm30 submitted would be hotel.

I want to keep record straight for future visa extensions and marriage

Extension etc .

Thanks in advance

Stix 

1 hour ago, stix40 said:

Renting house from Thai landlady

She has given us signed copies of her I'd and tabian baan etc to use for TM 30 reporting!

What type of permission of stay do you have.

Meaning annual extensions, tourist visa, etc etc.

Do you do 90 day reports. 

Im old and the TM30 has got me confused. If a hotel fills out a TM30 should i get a copy and do i keep it for 90 day reporting? I have only just got my retire visa and on going to immigration to register my address in Bangkok. (My visa was obtained in Pattaya) I was fined for not having a TM30 from the hotel in Pattaya. I was given the option of getting the TM30 from the hotel and coming back to Chaeng Wattana but it was easier just to pay the fine rather than go all the way back again and wasting another day and money. The return Taxi fare was more than the fine.

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

Thanks all for replying

Currently I am on 30 day extension following a 45 day ,  next step I am applying for 60 day following wife extension and then finally 1 year extension/ marriage

I went to the local immigration office last week to pre check for tm 30

The guy just laughed and couldn't be arsed to help , no one else in the office just us joke , Bangkok immigration much more helpful! 

My Mrs wants to report him   

Ha ha ???? 

So for the moment I have got my land lady to sign 5 tm30 forms  so when ever I get back we can submit again 

Jeez paper work paradise ????

• Haha 1

13 minutes ago, stix40 said:

Thanks all for replying

Currently I am on 30 day extension following a 45 day ,  next step I am applying for 60 day following wife extension and then finally 1 year extension/ marriage

The guy just laughed and couldn't be arsed to help , no one else in the office just us joke , Bangkok immigration much more helpful! 

My Mrs wants to report him   

Ha ha ???? 

So for the moment I have got my land lady to sign 5 tm30 forms  so when ever I get back we can submit again 

Jeez paper work paradise ????

you can do TM30 online, easy peasy.

Edited by Lemsta69
  • Thanks 2

In truth there is no one answer. In spite of what the rules may say, each IO will interpret them how they see fit.

I haven't done a TM.30 for a few years, but last week IO turned up at my building checking TM.30s. Told me I have to do every time I return from overnight trip.

I think there is a bit of a clampdown lately due to bad press for IO's and the Chinese grey market affair.

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, Lemsta69 said:

Do nothing right now.

When you attend immigration for your non O application have with you the first tm30 and lease you mentioned in OP. 

27 minutes ago, phetphet said:

last week IO turned up at my building checking TM.30s. Told me I have to do every time I return from overnight trip.

What Immigration office handles your area? And what's your stay status -- short term or annual extension, etc?

Edited by TallGuyJohninBKK

I've made numerous overnight / hotel stay domestic travel trips in Thailand in the last couple years (as well as international ones) on my retirement extension, and never have gotten a new TM30 after those... Still working from the one and only TM30 I ever did in Bangkok, my home, some years back.

Today, I went to BKK CW Immigration to apply for a new residence certificate, and presented them with a copy of my years old TM30... no problem. Also renewed my retirement extension in BKK the past couple years, no problem.

• Thumbs Up 1

34 minutes ago, TallGuyJohninBKK said:

What Immigration office handles your area? And what's your stay status -- short term or annual extension, etc?

Surat Thani. Am on Samui. On annual extension. Renewed two months ago..

I haven't done a TM.30 for several years, but the lot that turned up this week were from the Investigation and Suppression Division. Checked the whole building. At least those that were at home.

I showed them by Notification of Address stapled in my passport, and they told me it was no good and I needed to do another TM.30. and report every time I return from a trip. Even if just for one night.

Went to my normal Immigration Office and they wouldn't do it. Told me to go see the lot that turned up at my door. It's a different office.

Took my name and looked me up on computer. Didn't even look at completed TM.30 forms. Handed it all back to me.

At least I now have a new Notification of Address in PP.

I will go back next week to report after my overnight BKK trip and see what happens.

• Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, phetphet said:

Surat Thani. Am on Samui.

From what I've been reading here lately, your area down there seems to have an Immigration operation that tends to go a bit rogue on this kinds of matters, compared to most other Immigration offices.

In other words, I don't think your experience on this, because of your locale, should necessarily be taken as the actual norm on TM30 matters.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, TallGuyJohninBKK said:

From what I've been reading here lately, your area down there seems to have an Immigration operation that tends to go a bit rogue on this kinds of matters, compared to most other Immigration offices.

And now having to deal with this other office.

It's been there a while, but I have only ever dealt with our normal Immigration Office. Now it looks like I will do my 90 Day reports and extension renewal in normal office and TM.30 reports to Investigation and Suppression Division.

My head hurts.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, phetphet said:

And now having to deal with this other office.

It's been there a while, but I have only ever dealt with our normal Immigration Office. Now it looks like I will do my 90 Day reports and extension renewal in normal office and TM.30 reports to Investigation and Suppression Division.

My head hurts.

@phetphetconsider doing both TM30 and TM47 reporting online, it's much easier than visiting Immigration.

7 hours ago, Hugh Cow said:

Im old and the TM30 has got me confused. If a hotel fills out a TM30 should i get a copy and do i keep it for 90 day reporting? I have only just got my retire visa and on going to immigration to register my address in Bangkok. (My visa was obtained in Pattaya) I was fined for not having a TM30 from the hotel in Pattaya. I was given the option of getting the TM30 from the hotel and coming back to Chaeng Wattana but it was easier just to pay the fine rather than go all the way back again and wasting another day and money. The return Taxi fare was more than the fine.

@Hugh CowProbably best to start your own thread as the community seems to have missed your question.

Edited by Lemsta69

20 hours ago, still kicking said:

You can't even spell no

20 hours ago, Lemsta69 said:

you can do TM30 online, easy peasy.

Please could you send me a link . Thanks 

19 minutes ago, stix40 said:

Please could you send me a link . Thanks 

This link is for the browser-based online portal. There's also an app but it's very hard to find now and takes a bit of doing to get it installed. 

Yes, this website looks like it's from the 90s but it does the job once you get the hang of it. 

I've not used it myself so I'm not an expert but I'm sure there are plenty of gurus in here to help you out if you run into any trouble...

https://extranet.immigration.go.th/fn24online/

On 3/31/2023 at 4:28 PM, Hugh Cow said:

I was fined for not having a TM30 from the hotel in Pattaya

I don't understand how you can be fined for a mistake that the hotel made! 

Legally, it is the hotel's responsibility, not yours!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, CanadaSam said:

I don't understand how you can be fined for a mistake that the hotel made! 

Legally, it is the hotel's responsibility, not yours!

Yes that is correct but from what i understand from immigration, it is the hotels responsibility to fill out a TM30 but your responsibility to make sure they have done it. I know that doesn't make any sense but TIT.

Edited by Hugh Cow
  • Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

16 hours ago, Lemsta69 said:

This link is for the browser-based online portal. There's also an app but it's very hard to find now and takes a bit of doing to get it installed. 

Yes, this website looks like it's from the 90s but it does the job once you get the hang of it. 

I've not used it myself so I'm not an expert but I'm sure there are plenty of gurus in here to help you out if you run into any trouble...

https://extranet.immigration.go.th/fn24online/

Thanks lemsta 

I shall have a look 

Stix

Update

Submitted TM 30 today and asked about re submitting every time you stay away hotel etc  and return home .

Answer was yes .

Lease is in my name but they need land lady signature on form every time I submit.

Landlady gave me a few forms pre signed..

Also gave me power of attorney form signed, so I could submit my self without asking her every time to sign.

Thought that would be ideal but NO.

IO wants power of attorney form signed every time as well .

Oh well carry up the Mekong.

• 3 months later...
On 4/4/2023 at 2:56 PM, stix40 said:

Update

Submitted TM 30 today and asked about re submitting every time you stay away hotel etc  and return home .

Answer was yes .

Lease is in my name but they need land lady signature on form every time I submit.

Landlady gave me a few forms pre signed..

Also gave me power of attorney form signed, so I could submit my self without asking her every time to sign.

Thought that would be ideal but NO.

IO wants power of attorney form signed every time as well .

Oh well carry up the Mekong.

Hi Stix, were you unable to register the address on the IO TM-30 website?

You can do this as tenant by submitting the lease rental agreement (also a copy of the house-book and a signed front/back cover of the landlady's Thai ID-card could be added although that's not mandatory but it will certainly ease the confirmation process).

Once the address is registered on the IO TM-30 website, you can use the username:password you received and it will allow you to issue a TM-30 on-line (and follow-up the status of that notification).  If you have done it once it is a matter of minutes to issue an update, and it looks like that would be helpful for you when your local Imm Office requires to re-issue such notification each time you return from domestic or international travel (normally not required but at CM they require this is defiance of the TM-30 regulations).