Nexus Android trojan targets 450 financial apps and takes over bank accounts

tgw

How did you go in Thailand?

I can get away with that kind of refusenik behaviour in Oz but harder to maintain it when dealing with the mindset of average Thai bank employee.

Phone users are retarded though - using wifi without VPNs, recharging at random public USB outlets, and the list goes on. ????

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

18 minutes ago, biervoormij said:

@tgw may I ask how do you do your banking?

I feel my phone is safer than my laptop and I have to do banking online. Do you have any advice to protect yourself with online banking other than what was in the link?

I'm a web developer and computer user with a security mindset, I would say my laptop is pretty safe if combined with 2-factor authentication. My laptop is behind NAT, 2 firewalls and VPN - I'm not using everything at the same time though. Not using any ISP-provided router either.

The most important thing about e-banking is to not run both authentication methods on the same device, for example the phone.

But I get that it can be difficult for normal users to secure their laptop.

For average users who routinely install software on their computer, I would go as far as to advise buying a separate device that will exclusively be used for activities that require high security. And don't let anyone use that device.

Edited by tgw
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, tgw said:

Some time back I was mocked on this forum because I said I don't use mobile banking apps on my phone because I think it's unsafe...

Are you using Thai roads? They're unsafe., too, outright deadly. 

• Confused 1