I haven't seen the Urolift procedure mentioned for an enlarged prostate.

giddyup

I, along with a few others, did mention it about four years ago on a thread here, but then it wasn't available in Thailand, but was available in Australia, and one poster had it done in Australia and his results have been excellent according to his post.

From what I can find out, it is also available in Hong Kong, India, Japan and Singapore, but from what I remember? it is best used on a prostate which is under a "certain size" (can't remember exactly what, but some Internet searching may bring up some results for you).

I would have certainly had it done in place of the TURP which was carried out at Epworth Hospital in Melbourne and hasn't been altogether successful, with a few hitches along the way.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Thanks 1

I don’t think Urolift is available yet in Thailand. You can get the TURPS procedure, or the one that seems more popular now is the Rezum procedure.

Rezum is a water vapour thermal therapy and is consequently less invasive and produces good results with lower rates of bleeding. However, you need your prostate to be below 80cc in volume for this procedure to be approved.

1 hour ago, Eloquent pilgrim said:

I don’t think Urolift is available yet in Thailand. You can get the TURPS procedure, or the one that seems more popular now is the Rezum procedure.

Rezum is a water vapour thermal therapy and is consequently less invasive and produces good results with lower rates of bleeding. However, you need your prostate to be below 80cc in volume for this procedure to be approved.

My prostate is 68.6ml.

• Thumbs Up 1

2 minutes ago, giddyup said:

My prostate is 68.6ml.

From the web.............

UroLift is considered as a treatment option for men who have prostate enlargement and the size of the prostate is 100 grams or less, which is why it is important to seek treatment early at the onset of symptoms.

43 minutes ago, Sheryl said:

Not yet available in Thailand AFAIK

You are right Sheryl, but for me, if I thought it would do some good I would travel to Australia, Hong Kong, India, Japan or Singapore to have the procedure, but then all to their own.