Tea and crumpets! DIY version.

Crossy

That's the same recipe (Warburtons) that I use.   Don't make them that often, but worthwhile when I do.   These from the last small batch I made.   I usually have them with a spoonful of honey on top.

image.thumb.jpeg.8e7af06f74aa979952ec54f2ade58d48.jpegimage.thumb.jpeg.f689858ab15de8584fe3d240039fa67c.jpeg

raYel1a.jpeg

XnzDIAp.jpeg

ztMyFjB.jpeg

• Love It 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

really educational for this 81 year old yank who dismissed crumpets the he discovered most forgettable scones

but English Muffins get a big thumbs up so may explore crumpet availability at Rim Ping

I've been making this exact recipe for a while now.

The one thing I learnt from the beginning was you need be patient and cook them on a low heat otherwise they will burn on the bottom before the top sets. 

I like to serve mine with savory toppings particular cheesy scrambled egg, or as my mother always called it when I was a wee nipper, fluffy cheese.

Edited by Dmaxdan
  • Like 1
  • Love It 1

30 minutes ago, Dmaxdan said:

I've been making this exact recipe for a while now.

The one thing I learnt from the beginning was you need be patient and cook them on a low heat otherwise they will burn on the bottom before the top sets. 

Yup, one needs to be careful with the heat (I wasn't), so the application of the gas-torch can rescue the situation without killing the holes ????