Spondoloysios

georgegeorgia

Just took one of the posters advice & got a PET/CT scan for my liver disease .

This is the type of scan where they slide you through a machine .

Well according to the doctor nothing to report only a fatty liver and not to come back for a few months 

But ....but ..as the doctor was reading me the report of the scan ..she said nothing to find EXCEPT the scan has found Spondoloysios a apparently a lumbar disease and curving of the spine .

She said the report mentioned L2 & L3 deteriorated to age 

She asked no symptoms for that and I don't yet anyway 

Now I was shocked and she didn't mention anymore about it ,

So I come home to look ok in the mirror to see my body is sort of curved to the left ,is this spindoloysios?

I asked a workmate to watch me walk and asked him if he could see if my body is curved to the left he said it was 

It looks as though my spine is curving to the left !

Who has this ? Will it worse ?

What treatment can I get for this ?

I'm really worried about this ,I don't want to be one of these people walking with a crooked body or hunchback ?

Edited by georgegeorgia

Spindoloysios may be a typographical error for spondylosis or spondylolysis, which are two distinct conditions.

Spondylosis is a degenerative condition of the spine that occurs due to wear and tear over time. It can affect any part of the spine, but it's most common in the cervical (neck) and lumbar (lower back) regions. Spondylosis can cause symptoms such as pain, stiffness, and reduced mobility, although some people may not experience any symptoms at all. You can think of it as basically old people's spine, though it's not exclusive to old people.

On the other hand, spondylolysis is a defect in the vertebral arch that can lead to a condition called spondylolisthesis (vertebrae slip.) Spondylolysis is typically caused by repetitive stress or trauma to the spine, and it most commonly affects the lumbar region. Symptoms of spondylolysis may include back pain, muscle spasms, and reduced flexibility. Honestly this is much more serious than spondylosis.

• Thumbs Up 1

2 minutes ago, PPMMUU said:

Spindoloysios may be a typographical error for spondylosis or spondylolysis, which are two distinct conditions.

Spondylosis is a degenerative condition of the spine that occurs due to wear and tear over time. It can affect any part of the spine, but it's most common in the cervical (neck) and lumbar (lower back) regions. Spondylosis can cause symptoms such as pain, stiffness, and reduced mobility, although some people may not experience any symptoms at all. You can think of it as basically old people's spine, though it's not exclusive to old people.

On the other hand, spondylolysis is a defect in the vertebral arch that can lead to a condition called spondylolisthesis (vertebrae slip.) Spondylolysis is typically caused by repetitive stress or trauma to the spine, and it most commonly affects the lumbar region. Symptoms of spondylolysis may include back pain, muscle spasms, and reduced flexibility. Honestly this is much more serious than spondylosis.

I'm not sure which one I have ,I have no symptoms except looking in the mirror I can see my body looks like it's curving to the left .

The scan report (which I got for my liver disease) apparently on gearing the DR read it out mentioned the word denegerative so maybe old age 

I need treatment urgently,what kind of doctors do I see for this ?

25 minutes ago, georgegeorgia said:

I'm not sure which one I have ,I have no symptoms except looking in the mirror I can see my body looks like it's curving to the left .

The scan report (which I got for my liver disease) apparently on gearing the DR read it out mentioned the word denegerative so maybe old age 

I need treatment urgently,what kind of doctors do I see for this ?

How old are you?

There's a number of ailments that are part and parcel of getting old.

My PET scan recently showed I had gallstones, a very minor collapse of lung alveoli, and coronary calcification.

I'll start worrying about them if they cause pain, or otherwise affect my quality of life. Business as usual otherwise.

Dont get on the internet. Mate you seem to have become a bit of a hypochondriac or cyberchondriac lately. First your liver and now this. There is a reason doctors go to med school for years after they have graduated in a science.  

If you are really worried get into a top hospital and take your records, then get a second opinion and try to understand what the doctor says.

1 hour ago, georgegeorgia said:

Who has this ? Will it worse ?

What treatment can I get for this ?

I'm really worried about this ,I don't want to be one of these people walking with a crooked body or hunchback ?

Don't forget to notify your insurance company so they can cancel your cover!

• Haha 1

Almost everyone past a certain age has at least some degenerative changes of the spine.  (Spondylosis)

At least 80% of people over 40 in the US have it.

No treatment indicated if not causing a problem.

What does need treatment is your somatization disorder (a type of anxiety disorder with excessive preoccupation with health).

There was nto the remotest indication for you to have had this scan.

• Thumbs Up 1