Trump has pleaded not guilty to 34 counts of falsifying business records

Scott

11 minutes ago, Salerno said:

Don't they have solitary confinement in the States?

yes but that doesn't mean that a guard or a hitman might get to him....contrary to what the right thinks there are a lot of people who don't much care for the don.

23 minutes ago, pomchop said:

yes but that doesn't mean that a guard or a hitman might get to him....contrary to what the right thinks there are a lot of people who don't much care for the don.

Actions have consequences, join the secret service, stand outside a cell for a couple of years ????

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Tug said:

This is the least serious of the cases he’s facing (because of his actions) does anyone think it’s penetrating his brain that he in deep trouble or does he think he’s truly untouchable?

He's a narcissist so he believes he's always right. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Drumbuie said:

"And justice for all.." 

Nobody should be above the law. 

What brought down Al Capone wasn't his career as a mobster, it was tax evasion. Those who don't understand history - or accountancy - are doomed to repeat it. 

That's the type of opinion that is problematic in my opinion. 

I agree in some ways that seeing him get charged is a bit of the Emperor's new clothes and people see he's a mere mortal and not above the law.

But I don't see Trump as an Al Capone, not as clever or as criminal truth be told, and from the point of view of the average voter, perception is important, and opinion might sway his way, if they see that this is for offences from years ago, that wouldn't have been faced by most others. 

I would hate for this to backfire and lead to four more years. Unlikely but possible. 

I think the other charges are more likely to get him fair and square and will be seen to be fair too. 

Edited by Fat is a type of crazy

2 hours ago, Fat is a type of crazy said:

It certainly gives the right ammunition to suggest he is getting special treatment. That is if my interpretation of what has come out is correct. 

Well he certainly seems to expect special treatment - just perhaps not the sort he is getting!

37 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

We are all entitled to our opinions and mine on this is that is more about politics than substance.

On Al Jazeera they had a long item about it and had two experts on the law with opposing view points- one that Trump has a serious problem and the other that he has a very good defense against it all.

As pointed out, Trump has far more serious cases coming up in the future.

Seems agreed that no trial before next year sometime is happening, and no guaranteed guilty verdict and even if guilty, no guaranteed jail time.

Sooooo, for those wanting to see him in handcuffs and straight off to jail, LOL.

Notable for the complete lack of any civil disorder, despite the best efforts of certain people to ramp up the "threat" of rioting MAGA supporters.

Bet all the cops that had their leave cancelled are not impressed.

The most disappointed IMO- the media that were hyping it as much as they could had not much to take away- just a motorcade, a bit of VDO in the hallway and a few still photos. No rioting, no disruption ( other than that caused by the city authorities closing lots of roads ), and peaceable as any N Y day.

Trump is hyping it as much as he can, the media are falling for that.

Good overview of the case here 

https://edition.cnn.com/2023/04/04/politics/takeaways-donald-trump-indictment/index.html

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, RichardColeman said:

These 34 counts are basically about 9 payments - but have been made to look worse by the DA. They are like knowingly receiving an invoice, writing a cheque, having a cheque stub and entering the payment in a ledger - so 4 counts for 1 event. No sane DA would be listing charges like this - basically its like prosecuting someone for drink driving on 4 counts - 1, getting into the car drunk, starting the car up drunk, pulling away from the curb drunk and then driving drunk ! Totally insane.

There is no 'hard' evidence against Trump.

The payments were made by Trumps accountant (main witness) who said 1. Trump knew nothing about the payments and 2. said Trump paid him back in payments that he knowingly received as 'retainer' fees !

I support (sort of) Trump, but would support any prosecution that had a chance of being actually being won against him. 

The indictments continue to say he did all this to hide another criminal offense - but the DA will not say what it is or put it in evidence/charges.

This is a total joke of a prosecution, that statutes of limitations has expired - or the DA ran away before he would explain how it was still live.

I fully expect this DA to end up in a homeless shelter one day.

Ak K-rob... seems like he has all the real facts and everyone else is incorrect