Trump has pleaded not guilty to 34 counts of falsifying business records

Scott

1 minute ago, expat_4_life said:

Trump has been subjected to the most aggressive, well-financed, open-ended investigation in history by the DOJ, state AGs, private investigators, media orgs, and weaponized Five Eyes intel agencies, and all they found were allegations of paying a former mistress to keep quiet.

LOL. He could sell T shirts saying "They tried to convict me of something and all they got was Stormy".

• Sad 1
  • Love It 2

1 minute ago, Eric Loh said:

he still broke the campaign finance laws by failing to declare the secret payment to the Federal Election Commission

wait you still believe there are clean politicians out there ? o man that is so awesome. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 3
  • Love It 1

16 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

The only factual evidence so far is that Cohen paid her. To convict they have to prove Trump knew that he was reimbursing a pay off, and not just a retainer.

Plenty of wiggle room in this case.

I'm really looking forward to a not guilty on reasonable doubt result.

No its not, there is plenty of factual evidence and its not just about Stormy. Where is the link to your claim there is not?

The defendant referred to below is obviously Trump.

STATEMENT OF FACTS

In a conversation captured in an audio recording in approximately September 2016 concerning Woman 1’s account, the Defendant and Lawyer A discussed how to obtain the rights to Woman 1’s account from AMI and how to reimburse AMI for its payment. Lawyer A told the Defendant he would open up a company for the transfer of Woman 1’s account and other information, and stated that he had spoken to the Chief Financial Officer for the Trump Organization (the “TO CFO”) about “how to set the whole thing up.” The Defendant asked, “So what do we got to pay for this? One fifty?” and suggested paying by cash. When Lawyer A disagreed, the Defendant then mentioned payment by check. After the conversation, Lawyer A created a shell company called Resolution Consultants, LLC on or about September 30, 2016.

https://www.manhattanda.org/wp-content/uploads/2023/04/Donald-J.-Trump-SOF.pdf

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

25 minutes ago, LosLobo said:

I have not analysed that yet as it is only recent !

I wouldn't bother as it's <deleted>. The judge never worked for the VP nor her step-daughter who is only 23.

The judge's daughter has been involved in left-leaning campaigns, including some work on the VP's campaign.

Edited by Salerno

1 hour ago, thaibeachlovers said:

The only factual evidence so far is that Cohen paid her. To convict they have to prove Trump knew that he was reimbursing a pay off, and not just a retainer.

Do you think they'll give him back the stolen election? ????

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, Pink Mist said:

Please do some research. I will not do it for you anymore. Certain States have different time limits as you state in your post, yet certain States have what is called Tolling and certain crimes due to certain factors can have the pause button pushed to stop the countdown of time and then restart the time later. These charges Trump is facing are not class A felonies where there is no time limit in New York.  However, the mitigating circumstances such as not being able to charge a sitting president activate the Tolling issue and stop the time. 

Basically the charging time will have started upon his leaving office.

Yet that will be brought up in pre-trial events with the judge.  Until then he has been arrested and indicted.

https://www.lawinfo.com/resources/criminal-defense/criminal-statute-limitations-time-limits.html

In other jurisdictions, states rely on a classification system for felonies and utilize that in administering the statutes of limitations laws. For instance, New York does not have a statute of limitations for first-degree murderrape, and Class A felonies. Beyond that, their statutes of limitations are complex and depend on the particular set of circumstances in each case.

This is a complex issue with an aggregate of reasons, mainly based on Trump's time in the State.

I suggest a summary of why the Statute may have be extended for Trump :

1) Trump's time in White House

2) Covid epidemic paused a lot of criminal cases

3) Trump officially moved residence from NY, I would suggest to avoid legal jeopardy, a move which I think bit him in the a** in this case.

Trump's time in White House could end up benefiting New York prosecutors | CNN Politics

• Like 1

1 minute ago, stoner said:

wait you still believe there are clean politicians out there ? o man that is so awesome. 

Not sure about clean politicians but Trump is blatantly corrupt as a civilian and in office. His epic underhandedness is too lengthy to be recounted. 

• Like 2

45 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

Let me correct you, the only factual evidence you’ve seen.

• Like 1

LOL. He could sell T shirts saying "They tried to convict me of something and all they got was Stormy".

However you look at it, Stormy is the winner, $130,000 for a short time! :thumbsup:

1 hour ago, vandeventer said:

So if Trump gets 4 years for each felony charge he should be getting out of jail when he is 212 years old. Now does this seem fair to you for a paperwork mistake with no underline crime?

He should get that for his hair alone!

• Sad 1
  • Haha 2

From the top of World news subforum.

Any alleged factual claims must be supported by a valid link to an approved credible source.

Do you understand what "must" means?

Sorry if you don't like when people disagree with you. Typical trumpette response. Only thing you seem to be able to do is post your canned response as a way to avoid dealing with comments on here. No need to reply as I know what you'll say. Have a great day 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

54 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

"The only factual evidence so far is that Cohen paid her."

And you know this how?  Were you on the Grand Jury?

• Like 2