Warning, Keto, low carb

scubascuba3

6 minutes ago, ozimoron said:

Most modern day recommendations from health authorities and credible institutions in developed countries recommend a Mediterranean diet which is why I try to follow it as much as possible.

Yes, I agree with your post and although I'm not an avid follower of the Mediterranean diet, I do include a lot of EV Olive oil in my diet, along with balsamic vinegar and raw vegetables (mainly raw broccoli) however I am far too fond of pizzas to give them up completely, although in fairness I do have the thin crust, wholemeal ones and on those I use onions, tomatoes, olives, artichoke hearts and anchovies amongst other things.

And just so that I get my fair share of anthocyanins, half a bottle of red wine to help it go down!

PS. I do try other diets/recipes and a lot of my recipes include pomodoro in one form or another, so I do get more than my fair share of lycopene!

14 minutes ago, ozimoron said:

Most modern day recommendations from health authorities and credible institutions in developed countries recommend a Mediterranean diet which is why I try to follow it as much as possible.

A Mediterranean diet in Thailand isn't going to catch on so people need to do something else

6 minutes ago, scubascuba3 said:

A Mediterranean diet in Thailand isn't going to catch on so people need to do something else

Nobody eats the same in the mediterranean area. They also live shorter lives than Japan and Hong Kong.

1 minute ago, bignok said:

Nobody eats the same in the mediterranean area. They also live shorter lives than Japan and Hong Kong.

Just because they live in the Mediterranean area doesn't mean they follow a Mediterranean diet. In fact, most don't.

The Japanese diet is high in seafood and vegetables. That's similar to the Mediterranean diet. It's not about recipes it's about food.

Edited by ozimoron

2 minutes ago, ozimoron said:

Just because they live in the Mediterranean area doesn't mean they follow a Mediterranean diet. In fact, most don't.

The Japanese diet is high in seafood and vegetables. That's similar to the Mediterranean diet. It's not about recipes it's about food.

Nobody eats a mediterranean diet. Fictional diet to sell books.

2 minutes ago, bignok said:

Whether or not anybody eats it, every single health and medical authority recommends it for longevity. That's what I said.

Earlier in this thread I produced a list of 13 such links.

Edited by ozimoron

Just now, ozimoron said:

Whether or not anybody eats it, every single health and medical authority recommends it for longevity. That's what I said.

Yes I know but I don't know anyone who eats it. Seems to be a vague description of foods. Eat nuts, fish, lean meats etc. 

3 minutes ago, bignok said:

Icelandic traditional food, is healthy and alot of fish and meet, which I believe is a good mix with little bit carbs

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, ozimoron said:

The government health authorities and peak nutrition agencies publish myths?

Post a detailed diet with link then. Health authorities have a history of bad advice don't you know? Surely you aren't totally naive.

Just now, bignok said:

Post a detailed diet with link then. Health authorities have a history of bad advice don't you know? Surely you aren't totally naive.

I already posted 13. How many more do you want? They are detailed. And they have links ot more information. I'm not here to tell you what you should eat. I'm telling people who want to read it what I eat.

2 minutes ago, ozimoron said:

I already posted 13.

I had a quick look at one of those 13 links.

They start off by saying red meat causes cancer and then mix in processed meat into the conversation.

Which are completely different foods.

Also ... most Americans do get cancer, but maybe because they drink 6 beers and eat potato chips with their steaks.

The article doesn't mention that. 

It's crappy science.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, save the frogs said:

They start off by saying red meat causes cancer and then mix in processed meat into the conversation.

Also ... most Americans do get cancer, but maybe because they drink 6 beers and eat potato chips with their steaks.

It's crappy science.

Don't you think scientists compensated for that? They weren't all about America either.

1 minute ago, ozimoron said:

Don't you think scientists compensated for that? They weren't all about America either.

Lots of studies don't compensate for other factors like smoking, drink etc

The studies that do show meat is good for you. 

4 minutes ago, save the frogs said:

It's crappy science.

Exactly. Lots of studies in the past were very narrow and funded by sugar companies.

14 minutes ago, save the frogs said:

It's crappy science.

maybe Americans like their meat BBQ and smoked, and tend to eat more than necessary. Im quite shocked to read how fixated some become, and cant see there is something in the middle that maybe is more healthy than only eat meat or only carbs.  It seems to become an obsession for some

Edited by Hummin
  • Thumbs Up 1

11 hours ago, Hummin said:

maybe Americans like their meat BBQ and smoked, and tend to eat more than necessary. Im quite shocked to read how fixated some become, and cant see there is something in the middle that maybe is more healthy than only eat meat or only carbs.  It seems to become an obsession for some

yeah well, i was trying to make a point.

but all this debating is exhausting!

i'm outta here.

eat whatever you want. 

i don't care what anybody eats.

Edited by save the frogs
  • Thumbs Up 2

22 hours ago, ozimoron said:

All scientific papers have conclusions which lay people can read.

True - but how do you review the papers unless you have a very strong background in statistics?

Some papers are good some bad - you can't blindly trust a summary and expect to know the truth...

Different papers contradict each other so some are right and some are wrong - but which ones...?