Unidentified Foreign Motorcyclist in Pattaya Crashes into Power Pole and Passes Away

webfact

6 hours ago, KhunBENQ said:

So many sleepless in Pattaya.

Yes still a chance that something came in his way.

Bloody poles but even "mile"stones can kill.

A 63 year woman from our neighborhood fell with her motorbike and hit hear head against a milestone.

Neck broken. Exit.

I guy in our village who had a side-cart hit a mile marker about a month ago.  No helmet.  They brought him by the house three days later to burn him.  Nobody (but me and a handful of commuters heading for Lamphun) wear helmets in the village. 

4 hours ago, Moonlover said:

All this needless and pointless speculation and yet not one poster has mentioned the power pole planted firmly in the middle of nearside lane. The one which many people consider to be the safe 'motorcycle lane'. (Not by me BTW)

Power pole.jpg

That's a really good point.  Take your attention off the road in front of you for two seconds and..............

17 hours ago, KhunBENQ said:

So many sleepless in Pattaya.

Yes still a chance that something came in his way.

Bloody poles but even "mile"stones can kill.

A 63 year woman from our neighborhood fell with her motorbike and hit hear head against a milestone.

Neck broken. Exit.

I tried to look at the picture to see if the pole was on some raised pavement or simply in the road... anyone know? 

Dangerous to ride at nighttime here. 

15 minutes ago, jacko45k said:

I tried to look at the picture to see if the pole was on some raised pavement or simply in the road... anyone know? 

Dangerous to ride at nighttime here. 

It's easy to see that the power pole is planted firmly in, what many here regard as the 'motorcycle lane'. Yes, I agree with you there are many hazards here that make riding at night particularly dangerous and I would only do so as a last resort.

Power pole.jpg

13 minutes ago, Moonlover said:

It's easy to see that the power pole is planted firmly in, what many here regard as the 'motorcycle lane'. Yes, I agree with you there are many hazards here that make riding at night particularly dangerous and I would only do so as a last resort.

Thanks for the help..... too lazy to use the link. isn't that the most stupid, dangerous, moronic thing! Not even a few bits of reflective tape stuck to it!

Edited by jacko45k
  • Thanks 1

17 hours ago, connda said:

That's a really good point.  Take your attention off the road in front of you for two seconds and..............

Excellent point. While driving a motorbike, one shouldn't neglect to monitor the road ahead for any of countless obstacles, potholes, debris, dogs, poles, construction, parked cars, doors opening into your lane, etc.

Still, the operations of Fate, very much respected here on our forum, can't be discounted. A few years ago, an old girlfriend of mine was driving upcountry on a totally deserted two-lane road. Daytime, clear visibility.

In the distance, another bike approached in the other lane from the opposite direction. Moderate speed, not driven erratically, all normal.

As it approached my girl's bike, it suddenly, for no reason at all, kamikaze-like, crossed over and crashed right into her, knocking her over, damaging her bike and injuring her. It was driven by an old man who happened to fall asleep at just the right moment.

• Like 1