Democrats who might run for president if Joe Biden does not

Social Media

1 hour ago, Jingthing said:

Tester who I never heard of before is a democrat. As Biden is running, I can't see someone like Tester running.

The topic at hand is speculating if Biden does not run.

I can't recall reading anything regarding Williamson during the 2020 primaries, I guess everyone took her as a joke.  Lately I've seen a few unflattering things about her, maybe someone sees her as a potential threat.  In my experience these New Age types spouting goodness, caring, etc tend to be not-nice people when the spiel gets turned off, particularly the ones who make their living off of it.  But I like the idea of her on the primary roster, brings in a touch of the craziness from the movie Network

But another speculation is what the Dem primary debates will look like -- Biden doesn't have a Karl Rove to clear out the field for him like in the 2000 GOP primaries.  Will Liz Warren step up just for the sake of saying her piece, maybe Bernie?  Booker up there talking about "pain!"?  It doesn't matter who is up there for this year's debates, I would suspect all the other Dems would bow out by January if they don't poll some impressive numbers.

It looks like both parties are trying to cause the other to have a third-party split: imagine, a four-party race!

3 hours ago, bendejo said:

The topic at hand is speculating if Biden does not run.

I can't recall reading anything regarding Williamson during the 2020 primaries, I guess everyone took her as a joke.  Lately I've seen a few unflattering things about her, maybe someone sees her as a potential threat.  In my experience these New Age types spouting goodness, caring, etc tend to be not-nice people when the spiel gets turned off, particularly the ones who make their living off of it.  But I like the idea of her on the primary roster, brings in a touch of the craziness from the movie Network

But another speculation is what the Dem primary debates will look like -- Biden doesn't have a Karl Rove to clear out the field for him like in the 2000 GOP primaries.  Will Liz Warren step up just for the sake of saying her piece, maybe Bernie?  Booker up there talking about "pain!"?  It doesn't matter who is up there for this year's debates, I would suspect all the other Dems would bow out by January if they don't poll some impressive numbers.

It looks like both parties are trying to cause the other to have a third-party split: imagine, a four-party race!

Why would they even have debates when there is no challenger of substance?

When the incumbent runs things are different.

On 4/10/2023 at 8:55 AM, Hanaguma said:

Fetterman IS a vegetable.  Even compared to some of his semi-sentient colleagues in the senate like Chuck Grassley or Dianne Feinstein.  He cannot hear without aid, cannot answer spontaneous questions, and really should be recovering from his stroke rather than in government. 

Agreed that the opponent will matter.Personally, I hope it isnt Trump. A younger, vigorous, and intellectually agile GOP choice would be a great contrast to the President if he runs again. 

Says a lot about the quality of the " vegetables opponent " perhaps his crudité was not to everyone's taste ???? ya think

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Dave0206 said:

Says a lot about the quality of the " vegetables opponent " perhaps his crudité was not to everyone's taste ???? ya think

No argument here. Oz was a poor choice and ran a very lackluster campaign.  I pity the good people of Pennsylvania for having to choose between the two of them. 

1 hour ago, Dave0206 said:

Hanaguma apparently is still spreading falsehoods about Fetterman. He cited as evidence an interview Fetterman recently gave to CBS. I looked at the video and it clearly showed that Fetterman was very very far from that. Subsequently I asked Hanaguma to show me where in that video did Fetterman correspond to his libel.  No reply Here's a link to the interview. It's about 10 minutes long

This is from the Chief of Neuropsychiatry at Walter Reed Hospital:

"Over the subsequent weeks, Fetterman's mood steadily improved," Williamson said. "Sleep was restored, he ate well and hydrated, and he evidenced better mood, brighter affect and improved motivation, self-attitude, and engagement with others. His treatment gradually produced remission of his depression."

https://www.newsweek.com/fettermans-doctor-details-senators-recovery-depression-1791941

It also turns out he needs hearing aids because of "mild to moderate sensorineural hearing loss".