Female Motorcycle Taxi Passenger in Pattaya Suffers Serious Injuries in Crash

webfact

image.jpeg

By Tanakorn Panyadee

Pattaya — A Thai woman who was a passenger on a motorcycle taxi suffered serious injuries after the taxi driver collided with another motorcyclist on a road in South Pattaya.

At 02:20 AM on April 6th, Sawang Boriboon rescuers received a report of a motorcycle collision with injuries. Upon arrival, they found a white Honda PCX motorcycle with a license plate from Saraburi province, driven by Mr. Manop Ninklang, a 38-year-old motorbike taxi rider, who had collided with a red and black Cyclone RE3 motorcycle, driven by Mr. Komsan Sombun, 22.

An unidentified female passenger of Manop’s, aged 20-25 years old, was found lying unconscious with serious injuries.

PattayaNews.jpg
-- © Copyright The Pattaya News 2023-04-07

- Cigna offers a range of visa-compliant plans that meet the minimum requirement of medical treatment, including COVID-19, up to THB 3m. For more information on all expat health insurance plans click here.

The most versatile and flexible rental investment and holiday home solution in Thailand - click for more information.

5 hours ago, loong said:

Motorbike and car taxi drivers have to be registered.

I wonder if they are also required to carry insurance that covers their passengers in cases such as this?

Good question. Can anyone confirm whether insurance is required or not? If not some authority is very badly at fault.

Just now, scubascuba3 said:

No helmet again 

@scubascuba3 That's hardly the passenger's fault.  as i have been on many a motorbike taxi and they don't even offer you a helmet (yes i know you could insist on one) and i doubt they even have one for a passenger as Thais are very tight people. which always makes me laugh considering they're always calling the  foreigners tight.       And it might not even be a head injury anyway. so again that would be the drivers fault because no doubt they was driving recklessly or drunk.       

• Like 1

1 hour ago, NoshowJones said:

Good question. Can anyone confirm whether insurance is required or not? If not some authority is very badly at fault.

Like anywhere in Thailand are the they regulated, are you insured travelling on a baht bus ?

• Like 1

16 hours ago, NoshowJones said:

They may have motor bike insurance at best but for passengers insurance , not a chance . On two occasions I have been in a situation where I asked the taxi bike owner about passenger insurance and both times they said no , cos not needed for their taxi licence . Also in doubt would be a farang here on holiday , who had an accident whilst a motorbike taxi passenger , and tried to make a claim on their holiday insurance . 9 times out of 10 the passenger has no helmet , nor dressed to be on a motorbike . I avoid them like the plague . 

• Like 1