Fury in India after eight-year-old girl is raped, strangled and then 'hacked into ten pieces

Social Media

Police in India have arrested a man who raped an eight-year-old girl before strangling her to death and hacking her corpse apart to dispose of her remains.

Kamlesh Rajput, 21, was arrested on suspicion of rape and murder on Sunday after police officers investigating the disappearance of the girl discovered bloodstains by Rajput's house in Lopda village, near Udaipur city. 

Investigators later found plastic bags containing the girl's remains in a patch of isolated wasteland not far from the farm of the victim's family. 

1 hour ago, AndyFoxy said:

The death penalty is correct in a case like this.

I've got nothing against the death penalty in principle. Some people deserve to be killed, like this guy or e.g. people who commit high treason.

My problem is that there's no going back if an error has been made, and we have seen several examples (especially after DNA evidence was introduced) of people being released from jail after serving long sentences when new evidence came to light that cleared them of the crime.

Even more tragically, there has also examples of executed persons being cleared so for this reason (and others) I'm against death penalty.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Phoenix Rising said:

I've got nothing against the death penalty in principle. Some people deserve to be killed, like this guy or e.g. people who commit high treason.

My problem is that there's no going back if an error has been made, and we have seen several examples (especially after DNA evidence was introduced) of people being released from jail after serving long sentences when new evidence came to light that cleared them of the crime.

Even more tragically, there has also examples of executed persons being cleared so for this reason (and others) I'm against death penalty.

Sure. I agree it has to be clear cut.

In this case, I believe "an eye for an eye" is far more suitable than a simple death penalty, which is essentially painless.

How about raping him with the appropriate metal rod in proportion to his **** forced into an 8 year old girl, and then, chopping him into 10 pieces while still alive, starting with the offending member (pardon the pun) and then things like hands, legs, etc., so that he does not die quickly.

49 minutes ago, CanadaSam said:

In this case, I believe "an eye for an eye" is far more suitable than a simple death penalty, which is essentially painless.

How about raping him with the appropriate metal rod in proportion to his **** forced into an 8 year old girl, and then, chopping him into 10 pieces while still alive, starting with the offending member (pardon the pun) and then things like hands, legs, etc., so that he does not die quickly.

But he strangled her before chopping her up. So you'd have to strangle him first.

7 hours ago, Phoenix Rising said:

Not in this case he admitted the crime.

• Thumbs Up 1

In cases like this, I am totally against the dead penalty.

The perpetrator is a young man and he can help society by donating all his organs to save other people lives, and his limbs and skin can be donated to a Medical University while he is still alive.

Chinese method

Edited by Confuscious
enter unexpected
  • Sad 1
  • Thanks 1

There should be a sentence with a name like mob justice.  The criminal is sent into an angry mob who can do what they want with him, no restrictions.  After 20 minutes or so they are taken back in to custody, or whatever is left of their carcass is recovered.  This is exactly the sort of crime that deserves that kind of punishment IMO. 

Legend has it that during the American Revolution they had something like this for people who sided with the Brits, but maximum cruelty allowed was tar & feathers.  Such an instance (maybe fictional) is immortalized in this story.

Edited by bendejo

11 hours ago, Phoenix Rising said:

After watching a number of documentaries about the US legal system, I have the impression that it's built around a horrible system - it seems as if cops' and prosecutors' priority isn't to find out the truth but to do everything within their powers to distort witness statements and evidence to be able to charge someone with a crime and use every dirty trick to extort witness statements in exchange for leniency,whereas the veracity of said statements is secondary.

I don't say all cases are like that, but in some cases I have seen in the documentaries, I am of the opinion that some cops and prosecutors should have been sent to jail themselves.

That being said, I am in favour of the death penalty, but only in clear-cut cases fulfilling the following criteria:

- culpability is proven beyond any doubt by multiple surveillance and physical evidence (in case of DNA, there must be enough DNA samples to verify the initial test)

- sentence is pronounced by a professional and experienced panel of judges (no jury) and confirmed by the ministry of justice after a review of evidence

On 4/8/2023 at 4:50 PM, AndyFoxy said:

Yes. This animal needs to be terminated in an efficiently painful manner.

Animals don't behave in this manner,you'd have been more correct calling him a monster