British man arrested for 'human trafficking' raid at bar in Thai resort as dozens of women are loaded into police truck

Social Media

12 hours ago, Jumbo1968 said:

What’s the attraction in agogo bar then ?

It's a battle of wits, getting you to spend as much as possible and being taken for a mug at great expense.... if you are sat completely alone immediately  after springing 200 baht for a thimbleful of watered down tequila, you get a pointy hat with a D on it!

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Haha 1

On 4/8/2023 at 11:07 AM, hotchilli said:

It's a loose term which can be used successfully against foreign owned bars who attempt to do Thai jobs.

That is probably the best explanation for the raid.

IMO either he wasn't paying enough, or some "influential person" wanted to take the bar over.

• Thanks 1

On 4/13/2023 at 11:45 AM, jacko45k said:

It's a battle of wits, getting you to spend as much as possible and being taken for a mug at great expense.... if you are sat completely alone immediately  after springing 200 baht for a thimbleful of watered down tequila, you get a pointy hat with a D on it!

No one has to buy more than one drink in any Thai gogo I ever went in, no matter how long they stay. If people pay more than they need, that's their problem.

It's also not compulsory to buy anyone a drink or pay a bar fine, and if they wish, a girl can sit with a customer without the customer having to pay for their time. I did that often enough.

• Like 1

On 4/12/2023 at 6:32 PM, Jumbo1968 said:

Why do people come to Thailand to ogle women on a pole and pay top dollar for beer that’s the relevance.

Because they are more attractive than the ones on a pole back home, and if one likes one can take them back to hotel for the night without taking out a mortgage on the house.

As for the beer, there is no cover charge, so does anyone expect beer at 7 11 prices?

On 4/10/2023 at 2:09 AM, Jumbo1968 said:

Maybe I am getting on in years but I can’t see the attraction of semi naked girls stood out side a bar selling their ‘wares’, well most are playing on their phones.

Similarly agogo bars inflated drinks prices to watch a bored girl wriggling on a pole.

In days gone by in the U.K. we used have strippers in the clubs generally on a Sunday afternoon, it used to be advertised as one for the boys. Cheap drinks and you didn’t have to pay them to perform either.

Yeah, IMO you really must be old, and no one has to pay a Thai gogo girl to perform either.

2 hours ago, thaibeachlovers said:

It's also not compulsory to buy anyone a drink or pay a bar fine, and if they wish, a girl can sit with a customer without the customer having to pay for their time. I did that often enough.

These days they do not remain with you and move on to greener pastures. This is very true beyond GGBs too. Places vary, but the practices are becoming common. I don't mind springing for a drink.. but sometimes they take the pixx.... as stated, the old 'megodancenow' trick. Also some require you to buy a drink to get her off stage and join you... one girl went off to the bathroom immediately and was there a long time.. probably taking care of business on her phone. A girl will sit with you a limited time for  single drink... and be moved off to the stage if you don't get another. Thai most certainly is paying for their time!

Edited by jacko45k

7 hours ago, thaibeachlovers said:

Because they are more attractive than the ones on a pole back home, and if one likes one can take them back to hotel for the night without taking out a mortgage on the house.

As for the beer, there is no cover charge, so does anyone expect beer at 7 11 prices?

There is no cover charge for bars with bands, so why is beer so expensive in gogo bars ? I certainly wouldn’t be taking a girl a p********* from a go go bar let alone a bar who has probably been sleeping about with every man and his dog. Yes more attractive than the ones at home, what self respecting woman half your age would allow a man to have sex with them.

Edited by Jumbo1968
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, BritManToo said:

Half naked women rubbing themselves against you. 

What ever turns you on, not my idea of entertainment, bit perverted a young girl rubbing themselves against some one twice their age all for the sake of trying to get a free drink from you.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Jumbo1968 said:

What ever turns you on, not my idea of entertainment, bit perverted a young girl rubbing themselves against some one twice their age all for the sake of trying to get a free drink from you.

You don't get young girls, young women...... yes.

Sounds quite nice, having a half naked young woman rubbing themselves against me for a free drink.

I'm off for a rub. ????

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, Cricky said:

Sounds quite nice, having a half naked young woman rubbing themselves against me for a free drink.

I'm off for a rub. ????

Pattaya will never be a family friendly place as long as people like you are prepared to mess about with girls young enough to be your daughter or maybe even granddaughter.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Cricky said:

I'm off for a rub. ????

Only for the Quasimodo's who can't pull a bird.........????

• Thumbs Up 1

1 minute ago, Jumbo1968 said:

Pattaya will never be a family friendly place as long as people like you are prepared to mess about with girls young enough to be your daughter or maybe even granddaughter.

Did you get lost on the way to church?

• Love It 2

7 hours ago, Jumbo1968 said:

Yes in Bangkok and Pattaya but did nothing for me, I would rather watch a decent band and extra for the beer.

Sounds like low T is at the root of your problems. Get on it, man. 

4 hours ago, Jumbo1968 said:

Lots of families come to Pattaya, esp Russians and Chinese. Expats also raise families in Pattaya. You seem lost in time warp.

4 hours ago, Jumbo1968 said:

Not my type of type of entertainment, I had my fun from days gone by

I did too. And I'm still having fun.???? Pattaya's a great place to be for quite a number of reasons.

• Like 2

17 hours ago, Jumbo1968 said:

Long held Hollywood tradition......my point being it is commonplace. 

You are preaching in the wrong environment, Pattaya, Soi 6. Your restrictive lifestyle is not really popular there.... you can perhaps simply not partake and beyond that, mind your own business. 

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, jacko45k said:

Long held Hollywood tradition......my point being it is commonplace. 

You are preaching in the wrong environment, Pattaya, Soi 6. Your restrictive lifestyle is not really popular there.... you can perhaps simply not partake and beyond that, mind your own business. 

No worries I wouldn’t be seen dead in Soi 6, full of pros****** , Pattaya is a very diverse place and there is plenty for one to do with out hanging about the bars where there are prosti***** hanging about.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Jumbo1968 said:

No worries I wouldn’t be seen dead in Soi 6, full of pros****** , Pattaya is a very diverse place and there is plenty for one to do with out hanging about the bars where there are prosti***** hanging about.

Yes, very true, a more diverse choice than many (maybe all) other Thai towns....one can live here without seeing the seedier side of life here. Shame to be deliberately in the middle of it clucking like a worried mother hen don't you think?

• Haha 1

On 4/21/2023 at 10:54 AM, jacko45k said:

These days they do not remain with you and move on to greener pastures. This is very true beyond GGBs too. Places vary, but the practices are becoming common. I don't mind springing for a drink.. but sometimes they take the pixx.... as stated, the old 'megodancenow' trick. Also some require you to buy a drink to get her off stage and join you... one girl went off to the bathroom immediately and was there a long time.. probably taking care of business on her phone. A girl will sit with you a limited time for  single drink... and be moved off to the stage if you don't get another. Thai most certainly is paying for their time!

Nothing new about that. Waaaaay back in my early days in LOS I'd buy a girl a drink and she'd "go dancing" straight away, despite having just come down.

That's why I stopped buying them drinks. I'd offer them the amount they'd get from a lady drink to sit with me and they'd stay till it was their turn to go dancing.

Mostly, I wasn't bothered about having one sit with me so I didn't pay anything and I still had one sit with me occasionally, presumably hoping I'd pay bar for them.

Sounds like the scene has changed, and not for the better.

On 4/21/2023 at 5:43 PM, Jumbo1968 said:

I always did my best to prevent Pattaya becoming a family friendly place.

Families have the rest of Thailand to ruin, so they can <deleted> from Pattaya.

• Thumbs Up 1

On 4/21/2023 at 2:57 PM, Jumbo1968 said:

They ain't that young, and probably been doing it with the Thai guys for yonks before turning up in Pattaya.

On 4/21/2023 at 2:55 PM, Jumbo1968 said:

There is no cover charge for bars with bands, so why is beer so expensive in gogo bars ? I certainly wouldn’t be taking a girl a p********* from a go go bar let alone a bar who has probably been sleeping about with every man and his dog. Yes more attractive than the ones at home, what self respecting woman half your age would allow a man to have sex with them.

There is no cover charge for bars with bands, so why is beer so expensive in gogo bars ?

Are you trolling?

If you really don't know, how about rent, running expenses, wages, pay offs etc?

what self respecting woman half your age would allow a man to have sex with them.

A woman half my age would be middle aged, and had had sex for a while before they moved to Pattaya.