Indian national arrested for overstaying his visa by 1,200 days

webfact

Could be people living in same area wondering how or if a person has a visa / expired visa. I was sitting on the porch in village countryside a guy walked uo and asked how I was doing? … feeling ok? 
eventually asked if visa was ok… I said yes you want to see it … no. 

Don’t really know the guy (a retired cop ) he lives up the road about 500 meters… .. a lot of people call be name but most I’ve no idea who they are… they’ll chatter Orns husband .. small village lived here going on 8 years..

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, DJ54 said:

Could be people living in same area wondering how or if a person has a visa / expired visa. I was sitting on the porch in village countryside a guy walked uo and asked how I was doing? … feeling ok? 
eventually asked if visa was ok… I said yes you want to see it … no. 

Don’t really know the guy (a retired cop ) he lives up the road about 500 meters… .. a lot of people call be name but most I’ve no idea who they are… they’ll chatter Orns husband .. small village lived here going on 8 years..

I served a Thai guy in my wife's shop. He spoke perfect English, telling me he was a retired immigration officer and had worked on one of the islands (forget which one). Caused me to think for a while but that must have been 4 or 5 years ago and I'm still here. We have a serving policeman who lives opposite the shop. Plus another two (one is traffic) who are customers. Mrs says "not worry about such things around here!" 

The only time anyone has taken an interest in me was after I moved in next door to a cop. Within a week we had a visit from a pair of them. They took my name and passport details and I never heard from them again.