French and German tourists turn their back on Brexit Britain

Scott

Just now, Caldera said:

Read the headline and take your pick, Sir. You seem to prefer to spend time in Thailand instead, too. Did I actually write anything that is factually wrong?

Where I retire is my business, but knocking the UK with silly comments deserves a reply..

No mention of your amazing country then.........?  :whistling:

• Love It 1

2 hours ago, JonnyF said:

Port? I normally go to the airport to catch my flights. I don't go anywhere near a port. Who gets a ferry to the UK from Germany?

If our French friends have to save money by getting here on a ferry, they are probably not high value tourists anyway. Or possibly the type of "tourists" who never leave, in which case the fact they are put off coming is probably another benefit of Brexit.

The idea of motoring holidays never reached you then.

Your argument regarding the value of tourists who arrive by ferry is baseless nonsense (putting aside blind prejudice being a basis).

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Chomper Higgot said:

The idea of motoring holidays never reached you then.

Your argument regarding the value of tourists who arrive by ferry is baseless nonsense (putting aside blind prejudice being a basis).

Staying in a caravan in Skegness? Nah, not really my bag.

• Love It 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Chomper Higgot said:

I guess that’s all you’ve got.

Name calling the people who point out the damage Brexit is doing

"Name calling", where have I done that, now get a grip, chap...????

Now I thought Brexit was not finalised yet, chomping at the bit eh.........????

• Confused 1
  • Love It 1
  • Haha 1

8 minutes ago, Chomper Higgot said:

The point remains, a drop of several hundred thousand tourist visits to Britain.

Of course it's down, you may not have noticed that there has been a drop in tourism worldwide post Covid/war in Ukraine

Show me a link that less tourism to the UK is down to Brexit, and not the cost of living crisis engulfing so much of Europe.

Less tourists are coming to Thailand as well. The whole world in fact. Is that down to Brexit and the need for a passport? Or is it because people are more concerned about heating their homes than taking holidays? I can see the Guardian headlines now - "Chinese tourism to Thailand decimated by Brexit". ????

It's laughable that you ignore the knockon effects of Covid lockdowns and the War in Ukraine and blame absolutely everything on Brexit.

Below are graphs for tourism worldwide and tourism to the UK? See any similarities after 2019? Damn that Brexit for ruining global tourism post 2019, so inconsiderate of Brexiteers to affect the whole world's tourist industry at the exact same time as Covid struck. ????

https://www.statista.com/statistics/209334/total-number-of-international-tourist-arrivals/

image.png.005a500941e86e06647bbcc24b00fd21.png

image.png.febd2c4c137fc69f850a0038063f16a0.png

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, placeholder said:

Tell that to the British enterprises which are severely affected by the loss. Another dubious but convenient assumption from you.

For the sake of completeness we should tell that to the Thai enterprises that have been hurt by the loss of tourism post Brexit.

https://www.statista.com/statistics/994693/thailand-number-international-tourist-arrivals/

Damn those evil Brexiteers.

image.png.174cd7223d0a68c4e0efb0ac72990b09.png

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Goat said:

Harden up mate.

There is no law in Thailand that says you have to like Brits.

You really need to ask yourself why so many people dont like Brits.

I dont like them either. Uo to me.

There's no law that says you have to like Bogans either. However we should probably stay on topic.

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, BritManToo said:

I would consider less foreigners in the UK a win situation.

Especially if it's less of the foreigners we keep fighting wars against.

You are referring to Gernmany in WW2?

According to a report of December 1945, the British forces dropped 18,583 bombs on Thailand, resulting in the death of 8,711 people and the destruction of 9,616 buildings, 617 trucks, 73 locomotives and 173 other vehicles. A further 1,194 buildings were damaged. The prime target of the campaign was Bangkok, the Thai capital.

• Confused 1