French and German tourists turn their back on Brexit Britain

Scott

2 minutes ago, placeholder said:

How would we know that you would have backed it had the vote gone the other way? Take your word for it?

We do know that Nigel Farage wouldn't have done so.

So now questioning my integrity, I am not surprised, but I don't give a flying fig what you think, or guess..............:ermm:

I am not Nigel Farage, or anything like Nigel Farage, and don't understand why you mention the chap, but hey.................   ????

1 hour ago, JonnyF said:

Same time the Chinese stopped coming to Thailand.

Uncanny.

Maybe Brexiteers should start paying repatriations to Thailand for ruining their tourism industry by leaving the EU (just before Covid lockdowns)? ????

repatriations indeed

8 hours ago, JonnyF said:

French inefficiency at issuing passports to their citizens is not the UK's problem. Maybe if they weren't all rioting over pensions it wouldn't take so long?

If they are only staying 2 nights it's no great loss. They can go to Estonia if it's so difficult to produce a passport.

It was just an explanation. After Covid-19 there was on rush on passports.
No need to get upset about it.

And with comments like yours, do you think it makes one want to go to Great Britain? I have never been there and have no desire to go there.
Edited by daejung

5 hours ago, Goat said:

Harden up mate.

There is no law in Thailand that says you have to like Brits.

You really need to ask yourself why so many people dont like Brits.

I dont like them either. Uo to me.

Hey, I'm a Brit and there's much about miserable Brits I don't like back in the UK. Just one reason I'm happier in Thailand. I must be lucky, because, here in Thailand, I have a proper decent circle of British friends (long term expats) and many from App Groups too. We have a lot of fun and good times. A few things almost all of us have in common? We are fed up with the P.C B.S, wokeness, fat slags and typical weather in the UK! Of course, there are far too many dickhead Brits that come to Thailand and get us a bad name, but do we care? Nah!

As for Germans and French coming to the UK? We'd rather have the happier high spending Americans, Canadians and even the Aussies as customers!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, daejung said:

And with comments like yours, do you think it makes one want to go to Great Britain? I have never been there and have no desire to go there.

No need to apologise. It takes more than that to upset me I can assure you :).

It's a shame you never came to our wonderful country. That's another 200 quid the ferry company and youth hostels lost out on but hopefully they'll survive.

8 hours ago, Chomper Higgot said:

The idea of motoring holidays never reached you then.

Your argument regarding the value of tourists who arrive by ferry is baseless nonsense (putting aside blind prejudice being a basis).

My job in the UK was road markings, working all over the UK, the Peak District, North Wales and the Lake District were covered by the company a worked for, (I retired last year). 99% of motor homes and cars visiting these areas were all on Netherlands plates. Rarely saw German or French.

5 hours ago, transam said:

So now questioning my integrity, I am not surprised, but I don't give a flying fig what you think, or guess..............:ermm:

I am not Nigel Farage, or anything like Nigel Farage, and don't understand why you mention the chap, but hey.................   ????

I get your point. After all, aseannow.com has very strict standards for whom it accepts as a member. I recall the long hard hours it took me to convince them that I was an upstanding citizen before I was granted membership.

• Confused 2

3 minutes ago, roo860 said:

My job in the UK was road markings, working all over the UK, the Peak District, North Wales and the Lake District were covered by the company a worked for, (I retired last year). 99% of motor homes and cars visiting these areas were all on Netherlands plates. Rarely saw German or French.

You know what they say about the ‘99%’ statistic don’t you?!

2 hours ago, daejung said:

Actually as I recall, wasn't there a huge problem with the passport office in the UK before Covid?

Passport delays: Why they are happening

Ministers have suggested the surge in demand for passports has been caused by an upturn in the economy - but Passport Office boss Paul Pugh says he does not know why it has happened. In fact, Mr Pugh did predict that there would be an increase of 350,000 applications this year - very close to the 346,289 extra applications currently in the system. He warned about the extra workload in the foreword to the agency's 2013 annual report, saying it would be caused by the closure of seven passport offices at British embassies and the transfer of the work to the UK. 

https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-politics-27813438

22 minutes ago, Chomper Higgot said:

You know what they say about the ‘99%’ statistic don’t you?!

No, but I know what I saw, when you work in live traffic on highways you pay attention to vehicles, for safety reasons, your own.  

Edited by roo860

32 minutes ago, StreetCowboy said:

You're dead on there.  When you make a mistake, you should go in with both feet, irreversable.  No looking back, no turning back, onwards and upwards, no mountain too high, no challenge insurmountable, a price worth paying, can't judge by money alone, can't judge by numbers, no point in thinking twice, no turning back, never surrender, never give in.

How long will it take our grandchildren to join the EU? 

Why even have any more parliamentary elections just because some whiners aren't happy with what they've done orange happy with what they've done?

After all, everyone knows that democracy means never getting to say you're sorry.

Edited by placeholder

9 minutes ago, placeholder said:

Why even have any more parliamentary elections just because some whiners aren't happy with what they've done orange happy with what they've done?

After all, everyone knows that democracy means never getting to say you're sorry.

I think you're confusing choosing the best government for the time with genuine mistakes.

The former, we can rethink.  Genuine mistakes we have to pursue to the end, as a learning experience, lest we make them again.  Were we to (I was going to say 'back out now') recant and rejoin, we would not have suffered enough.  We must continue until the country begs us to recant, until the demand to rejoin is universal; anything less would be a surrender to common sense and practicality.

I hope that our grandchildren will be allowed to rejoin.  We are lucky that we currently seem to be accumulating a surplus of small boats, should we have to get by with a reversal of Dunkirk.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Haha 1