90 days from today or from last stamped date? Non-O (M)

Went over a land border today. My previous 90 days is stamped till tomorrow (11th April) but figured less chance of getting the Songkran drench if I went today. They stamped me till 8th July which I calculate makes only 88 days (From 11th/last stamp). I'm on a Non-O (Multiple entry) from Savannakhet dated 11th January 2023. Did they stamp me correctly? They've made mistakes with dates before at this crossing.

Thank-you for the swift reply. I was asking because Covid-19 extensions were taken from not when you went to their office but from your last stamped until date. Next time I will exit on 8th July (stamped date) so as not to lose a day.

11 hours ago, rbkk said:

Thank-you for the swift reply. I was asking because Covid-19 extensions were taken from not when you went to their office but from your last stamped until date. Next time I will exit on 8th July (stamped date) so as not to lose a day.

Then you better make sure that you also return on the 8th of July or you will only be getting a 30 day visa exempt stamp

• Confused 2

12 hours ago, rbkk said:

Doing an extension in Thailand is completely different to exit and reenter Thailand on a multi entry visa.

Leaving it till last day is bit strange.

You are aware that you can obtain a 30 day extension to each entry and also a 60 day extension to visit wife. 

11 hours ago, DrJack54 said:

You are aware that you can obtain a 30 day extension to each entry and also a 60 day extension to visit wife. 

I suppose you wrote this when a bit distracted and am sure you know the real rules. For the benefit of the less knowledgeable, the 30-day extension is only for tourist entries (including visa exempt) but not when you enter with a Non O visa. The 60-day extension to visit your Thai spouse is always allowed.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, BritTim said:

I suppose you wrote this when a bit distracted and am sure you know the real rules. For the benefit of the less knowledgeable, the 30-day extension is only for tourist entries (including visa exempt) but not when you enter with a Non O visa. The 60-day extension to visit your Thai spouse is always allowed.

Ta. You are correct.

Was thinking of METV. 

Silly mistake. 

Edited by DrJack54