Any recommendations for law Firms in Bangkok

Hi 

look for recommendations for a law firm in Bangkok ( Nonthaburi).

I am planning to buy a condo and have read everything I need to do.

I am looking for a law firm to complete the purchase as I will be out of the country after Songran for 3 months.

Any suggestions please?.

My wife and I have bought and sold a number of condos without the need of a lawyer ( We live in the UK and Bkk British/Thai).

You don't say if this is a new condo or a resale. Are you buying through an estate agent ?

30K to go to the land dept - that's basically £800 + VAT for an hour of a secretary's time. Drafting an agreement - £1K + vat that is an hrs work at most from a template. We did our own based on previous experiences and standard "Estate Agent" contracts. 

Those prices look high - but obv' they're a law firm.

If you don't mind me asking how long have you been in Thailand and how long have you been looking for a condo? Don't rush in..... there are many, many more...

Bkk hasn't seen the Russian influx of buyers like Phuket etc and the Chinese are still away in numbers.

As the above poster said I wouldn't buy a condo without been in BKK.

We just sold one, the missus flew back for the week and all sorted with time to spare. These were in BKK CBD.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

For the partner of a deceased friend we were in touch with two legal firms. This is about inheritance, but they do other topics as well. Both firms made a good impression, the widow chose the second.

Panut Tripiboonsuk
Bangkok International Associates 
17th Floor, ITF Tower
140/36-38 Silom Road
Bangkok 10500
Thailand Tel: (66) 2 231 6201 

The second one:

PRACHAYA INTERNATIONAL LAW FIRM
10 Soi 20 Mithuna Yek 5 Sutthisan Rd., Huai Khwang, Bangkok 10310
Ifl :.081-453-8800; tldnd.02-274-8809 du]a [email protected]

• Thumbs Up 1

Thanks for the replies.

The condo is not a new build.

It's walking distance of my partners shop, main reason for chosing the place.

Problem I have is I'm still working in England and will be back to UK after the 22nd April, which is the main reason for wanting to use a lawyer, of course very nerve racking, as its the first time buying  here I want to be very cautious, and try and get everything right.  Sure I would prefer not to have to use a lawyer, but I'll need POA and transfer, this condo will be solely in my name. 

If I had the time I would surely try and complete via the agent. And possibly the condo will be gone by the time I return end of July.

Has anyone had any dealing with using a POA for the cash transaction, its a scary thought ????

Wow! Those prices look ridiculous. 5,000 baht is the going rate in Pattaya, to buy a condo. I used a lawyer I found in the land office doing another property transfer. Another friend bought a villa, pre-construction, created a company, put the villa into the company, all for 5,000 baht using a lawyer.

7 minutes ago, Banana7 said:

Wow! Those prices look ridiculous. 5,000 baht is the going rate in Pattaya, to buy a condo. I used a lawyer I found in the land office doing another property transfer. Another friend bought a villa, pre-construction, created a company, put the villa into the company, all for 5,000 baht using a lawyer.

Yes I'm starting to think I need to think ahead and conclude the purchase when I'm back in Thailand