BITCOINERS, please help me to understand.

btc IS bad for the environment.

Utilizing flare gas instead of just tossing it out is a good idea but the energy produced doesn't really need to be used for bitcoin mining.

Kudos to btc for creating a profit structure for the idea to be made reality but it doesn't change the fact that proof of work is a really crap system for securing a blockchain

Btc ossified too early and now the cult won't let it change.

2 hours ago, Neeranam said:

To the people who said BTC is bad for the environment lol

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

• 1 month later...
On 4/18/2023 at 5:21 PM, lkn said:

For example if the ECB “prints” 100M euros, what they actually do is buy bonds for 100M and pays with money they “printed”, but this money is now a liability for them, but as they now hold 100M worth of bonds, it is effectively backed by those bonds. These bonds could be mortgage backed securities, so effectively they hold 100M worth of real estate to back the 100M euro they issued.

That just explains away the fact that the ECB just hits a button to create more money. They are buying their own bonds. It is not backed by anything and nobody pays back anything anyway, it's just an infinite loop of money re-creation with only one way: more money creation each cycle.

Bitcoin doesn't have infinite amounts. Bitcoin is like Gold except Gold also seems to have infinite amount available. If nobody believes in Gold it is worthless, if nobody believes in Bitcoin, it is worthless.

With each year bitcoin is in the market, it gains more trust and I would predict already at this point that Bitcoin is here to stay except if humanity falls back to the stone age.

• 2 weeks later...

Unless I'm mistaken, bitcoin just broke a high timeline trend line and a macro head and shoulders neckline with a 3 black crows candlestick pattern on the 5 minute chart and probably will form the same for the 30 min chart. It doesn't get much worse than that. It's toast for the time being I think.

Edited by ozimoron
  • Haha 2

• 7 months later...
On 4/19/2023 at 11:07 PM, lkn said:

Where are you getting this from? The term originates from Charles Ponzi and is commonly used about schemes where “investors” think their gains are from some underlying enterprise, but in fact, their money is from new investors.

Countless of people do not realize that gains from selling crypto is from new investors, so if it walks like a duck… though if you have some authoritative definition of ponzi, do tell.

Did you buy a year ago when I recommended?

173% up for the year.

• Agree 1

On 4/13/2023 at 5:33 AM, swissie said:

Back on Toipic I would simply like to know why some people prefer to invest in something that only exists as a mathematical complicated password, basically. Hoping that the next fool  will buy the "complicated password* for 1 Dollar more.

I bought many Bitcoins for around 10,000 baht each back 2015. 

I've done well, next question. 

BTW, we all have our unique querks and features, I'm sure if you open up I'd see a few irregularities in your behavior. 

Edited by SAFETY FIRST
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, SAFETY FIRST said:

I bought many Bitcoins for around 10,000 baht each back 2015. 

I've done well, next question. 

BTW, we all have our unique querks and features, I'm sure if you open up I'd see a few irregularities in your behavior. 

Wonderful, that HODLing has paid off.

BTC was once very high risk with many financial intitutions against it.

With the Blackrock, and other,  EFTs coming in a day or so, we can safely say, Bitcoin has WON :)

• Agree 2

2 hours ago, Neeranam said:

Did you buy a year ago when I recommended?

173% up for the year.

You always recommend to buy Bitcoin , its not as if you gave professional financial advice . 

As you suggest to buy Bitcoin frequently  , you can just go back to nay date and say, "See I told you" , or you could go back to a different date and the price would have decreased and you would have lost money 
"

• Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, Neeranam said:

Wonderful, that HODLing has paid off.

BTC was once very high risk with many financial intitutions against it.

With the Blackrock, and other,  EFTs coming in a day or so, we can safely say, Bitcoin has WON :)

When I signed up with coins.co.th (2015) the maximum purchase was less than 10 Bitcoins.

Over the years I've been buying more Bitcoins with any extra money I'd have once finishing my monthly hitch working offshore. 

Sadly I invested about $100k with Mycryptowallet, the owner of this Australia company embezzled, now we have liquidation trying to get our money back. 

I read somewhere, many years ago the owner of Mycryptowallet received an award for young Australian of the year.

IMG_20240109_142843.jpg