Importing CBD oil

12 hours ago, expatocean said:

Because it is being specifically made by an expert who studies  individual cases ,who has a very good reputation.

I do not believe that you can legally import CBD oil, but...

it may depend on the details. Is your daughter a Thai citizen? What has she been diagnosed for? Can you link to this CBD "expert" and their formulation? There are government clinics here which may be able to prescribe a suitable alternative locally available. Myabe start with the Department of Thai Traditional and Aleternative Medicine (DTAM) within the Ministry of Public Health.

Thank you for your reply ,yes my daughter is a Thai citizen she is 12 years old and was diagnosed with a brain tumor 6 months ago ,she is being treated at the national cancer institute rama .Sorry no I can not post the details of the doctor that is helping but I can say he has helped hundreds of patients including close friends and family .We have looked into local alternatives  including our family friend who was the head of psychiatry for Bangkok Phuket hospital who opened one of the first cannabis clinics in Bangkok years ago but would like to go down the route with this doctor as we think it is the best way forward ,Thank you again for taking the time to reply .

1 hour ago, expatocean said:

No she has not started taking CBD oil yet we are going through the process now.

Thank you for your reply 

full spectrum will be the most effective. look for a bottle dosage around 5cc and 250mg. it seems to work quite well at that level. 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

On 4/15/2023 at 5:51 PM, taninthai said:

^
love your posts always informative facts no bull<deleted> and very well up to date on the subject????????

I'm sure glad the algorithm deleted the tihsllub.

Edited by DudleySquat

On 4/14/2023 at 11:39 AM, stoner said:

full spectrum will be the most effective. look for a bottle dosage around 5cc and 250mg. it seems to work quite well at that level. 

Consult an actual physician about your situation and don't rely on forum members to be able to give appropriate advice for a serious medical situation like this. I do not believe you can import CBD, certainly without a license. Depending on her diagnosis I would research https://www.burzynskiclinic.com 

On 4/15/2023 at 8:47 AM, SamuiGrower said:

is the trial is using a synthetic, ‘lab grown’ cannabinoid (Sativex).

so you are not actually using real cannabinoids ? so not cannabis at all then. glad you cleared that up. 

On 4/15/2023 at 8:47 AM, SamuiGrower said:

To suggest a dosage is irresponsible. “Seems to work quite well” as the above poster writes only solicits the question, “for what? Brain tumors?”

please show me where cbd in any way harms people ?

suggesting to someone to take cbd as a form of medication that may work with virtually 0 side effects is hardly irresponsible.

also where did i say anything about curing cancers etc ? 

Edited by stoner

I was perhaps harsh in calling it “lab grown”, it’s not. It’s a cannabis derived extract in the Nabiximol family - legal in 15 countries since 2010.  It’s a 1:1 THC:CBD oral spray and has been effective across an array of medical issues involving muscle spasticity. 

Dronabinol, Marinol, and Nabilone are “lab grown” analog synthetics of THC, not to be confused with your mention of street synthetic ‘spice’ that is wreaking havoc in ER rooms. These THC analogs are like ‘nature identicals’ and can not be discerned from ‘natural’.

My issue is with big pharma and not the drugs. Only they can go to clinical trial and distribute their FDA approved cannabis while the rest of us suffer because it’s still illegal around the world with the exception of 3 countries, and the USA and UK aren’t one of them. UK Pharmaceuticals did the patent on Sativex by the way.

Perhaps you wouldn’t take such umbrage to being quoted if you actually read what I wrote in regards to the FDA and AMA stating that CBD was safe regardless of it working or not working.

But you actually suggested a dosage and said “that seems to work”. That’s what I have a problem with, but arguing with you, and trying to show the logic is like having a battle of wits with someone who is completely un-armed. To be clear, I was NOT the only poster that pointed out your quote as being wrong.

And as far as “0 side effects”, you’re wrong (again). Dry mouth, diarrhea, reduced appetite, drowsiness and fatigue are common symptoms of CBD dosing not to mention they react with blood thinners and and some enzyme medications. Science, so inconvenient for you, huh?

1 minute ago, SamuiGrower said:

Are you affiliated? Did they help someone you know? I ask because it didn’t take long to find out they are selling snake oil and untested methods. Do the research. And yet you called out meathead on his suggested dosing. Incredible!

no affiliation at all and its hardly snake oil. I did spend 25 years in the industry so have some knowledge you probably dont.  you should do better research yourself and not make claims you cant back up. he's one of many that have been helping people for decades and has a number of patents for his therapies (several where stolen and approved by ex-employees) as well as countless cured patients. He's battled the FDA for decades for approvals all the while big Pharma paid and lobbied to have him shut down, while they applied for the same medical patents. They were not successful in shutting down his therapies and actually lot several cases as did the FDA.

I recommended to go to some known medical professional and seek true advice and not take advice from a stoner. There are a number of sources to choose from and I only offered a link to 1 but in no way claimed anything other than offering some info. I did caution against some smoke head prescribing a dosage he has no clue is effective or even what the true medical problem is. To take random advice like that from a forum is ridiculous. you seem to fall into the same clueless category.  

20 minutes ago, Dan O said:

you should do better research yourself and not make claims you cant back up

Your right. Here’s my 5 minutes of research to backup my claims:

How about….

Doctor accused of selling false hope to families

Liz Szabo

USA TODAY 

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nation/2013/11/15/stanislaw-burzynski-cancer-controversy/2994561/

Or

Burzynski and his untested methods for curing cancer. He charges his clients hundreds of thousands of dollars for "Clinical Research" methods of curing cancer.

Reviews: BurzynskiIMDbhttps://www.imdb.com › title › reviews

Here’s another

Fact Check-Antineoplastons not a proven ‘cancer cure’ and not an approved treatment

Reuters

https://www.reuters.com/article/factcheck-antineoplaston-burzynski-cance-idUSL1N34O1TN 

There are more, shall I continue? Science has an amazing ability to shine light and disinfect quackery. I’m so glad I became a scientist. Thailand is a magnet for expat flat-earthers. ????

9 hours ago, SamuiGrower said:

Your right. Here’s my 5 minutes of research to backup my claims:

How about….

Doctor accused of selling false hope to families

Liz Szabo

USA TODAY 

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nation/2013/11/15/stanislaw-burzynski-cancer-controversy/2994561/

Or

Burzynski and his untested methods for curing cancer. He charges his clients hundreds of thousands of dollars for "Clinical Research" methods of curing cancer.

Reviews: BurzynskiIMDbhttps://www.imdb.com › title › reviews

Here’s another

Fact Check-Antineoplastons not a proven ‘cancer cure’ and not an approved treatment

Reuters

https://www.reuters.com/article/factcheck-antineoplaston-burzynski-cance-idUSL1N34O1TN 

There are more, shall I continue? Science has an amazing ability to shine light and disinfect quackery. I’m so glad I became a scientist. Thailand is a magnet for expat flat-earthers. ????

I highly doubt you are a scientist unless smoking weed makes you a scientist or you would not post the articles you did. Continue all you want, there are equal quantities of medical reports support the therapy. The point you are missing is that you are supporting a forum of smokers to diagnose and treat a medical condition rather than using medically trained professionals. 

For there were clinical trials conducted and it was proven the trial that the FDA approved and backed were intentionally different and the dosages and medication concentrations were different than the outline of the trial.

Oh and the center conducting the trial happened to be ex employee funded by big pharma who happened to obtain a patent for the original medication treatment.  The process is an approved treatment after years of litigation with the FDA.

https://www.lifeextension.com/magazine/1997/6/report97

I'm not endorsing it only, just questioning the stupidity of pot users on a forum offering their "expertice" when there are multiple sources of info available 

Stop watching fox news and do actually research. On that note I'm done with discussing it with you doctor thc.

Edited by Dan O
Spelling correction

7 minutes ago, Dan O said:

The point you are missing is that you are supporting a forum of smokers to diagnose and treat a medical condition rather than using medically trained professionals. 

8 minutes ago, Dan O said:

I'm not endorsing it only, just questioning the stupidity of pot users on a forum offering their "expertice" when there are multiple sources of info available 

And yet, here you are….

32 minutes ago, NextG said:

It might be worth Dan O noting that this is a Cannabis board, with the OP specifically requesting information on CBD. 

It's on the thailand cannabis forum and shows in the norm thread list.   you can pass by my comments if you dont agree with them  use cbd all you wa t but if you have cancer get a medical opinion 

On 4/14/2023 at 10:11 AM, expatocean said:

Thank you for your reply ,yes my daughter is a Thai citizen she is 12 years old and was diagnosed with a brain tumor 6 months ago ,she is being treated at the national cancer institute rama .Sorry no I can not post the details of the doctor that is helping but I can say he has helped hundreds of patients including close friends and family .We have looked into local alternatives  including our family friend who was the head of psychiatry for Bangkok Phuket hospital who opened one of the first cannabis clinics in Bangkok years ago but would like to go down the route with this doctor as we think it is the best way forward ,Thank you again for taking the time to reply .

7 minutes ago, Dan O said:

It's on the thailand cannabis forum and shows in the norm thread list.   you can pass by my comments if you dont agree with them  use cbd all you wa t but if you have cancer get a medical opinion 

I hope the OP doesn’t mind me quoting him. 
As you can see… there are doctors are involved at every level. 
The OP asked a specific question. Your posts are off/topic, argumentative and your manner unpleasant. 

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Haha 1

38 minutes ago, NextG said:

I hope the OP doesn’t mind me quoting him. 
As you can see… there are doctors are involved at every level. 
The OP asked a specific question. Your posts are off/topic, argumentative and your manner unpleasant. 

As we're SamuiGrower comments

2 minutes ago, Dan O said:

As we're SamuiGrower comments

Nope. He posted on-topic. Nothing you wrote had anything to do with the topic title. You simply just threw out a lot of abuse and ‘recommended’ some very expensive and dubious form of treatment. 

• Haha 2

18 minutes ago, NextG said:

Nope. He posted on-topic. Nothing you wrote had anything to do with the topic title. You simply just threw out a lot of abuse and ‘recommended’ some very expensive and dubious form of treatment. 

This discussion with you is over at this point    have a great day