Residence certificate with tourist visa for opening a bank account.

Which immigration office and visa status?

BTW it's not residence visa it's a certificate of residence. 

Edit: so tourist visa .

Which immigration office 

If Bangkok you will require agent or embassy letter. 

Edited by DrJack54
  • Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

11 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

Which immigration office and visa status?

BTW it's not residence visa it's a certificate of residence. 

Edit: so tourist visa .

Which immigration office 

If Bangkok you will require agent or embassy letter. 

Not necessarily. Try Krungsri Bank as they have approved several people I know without a C of R in the last year that were on a visa exempt entry despite what in jack claims. It's not a guarantee but you lose nothing by checking. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

19 minutes ago, Dan O said:

I've posted this at least 3 times for you and you continue to claim it's nonsense without any basis. I know personally several people in various provinces including myself last Nov that have opened acct with Krungsri but you always claim nonsense. Others have also verified it on those posts and I even went back and linked the posts to show you but you ignore that as well. you don't run this forum last I checked nor do I or anyone else need your approval to offer help and\or advice. As I have always stated there are no guarantees like most things in thailand but checking it loses the person nothing. 

"Several people"

That's funny.

Name the Province.

Simple question .

Years ago opening a bank account was very easy.

Subsequent money laundering laws changed that. 

I assist folk in opening accounts in Bangkok and it's basically impossible without certificate of residence or letter from embassy. 

An alternative in some areas is to pay for insurance policy. 

Edited by DrJack54
  • Haha 1

15 minutes ago, Dan O said:

I already have on other posts to you. Each time you claim it's fake info. I'm not your secretary and don't answer to you.

Stop.

You stated ....

"Not necessarily. Try Krungsri Bank as they have approved several people I know without a C of R in the last year that were on a visa exempt".

Which province?? 

Simple question. 

You stated..

"I'm not your secretary and don't answer to you" 

Which province did your SEVERAL open bank account. 

Edited by DrJack54
  • Haha 2

12 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

Stop.

You stated ....

"Not necessarily. Try Krungsri Bank as they have approved several people I know without a C of R in the last year that were on a visa exempt".

Which province?? 

Simple question. 

You stated..

"I'm not your secretary and don't answer to you" 

Which province did your SEVERAL open bank account. 

You have a reading deficit as I already gave you the only answer you will get. I posted before multiple times for you and you claim rubbish each time so no point. Have a great night 

• Like 1
  • Sad 3

8 minutes ago, Dan O said:

You have a reading deficit as I already gave you the only answer you will get. I posted before multiple times for you and you claim rubbish each time so no point. Have a great night 

Which province have your "several friends " been able to open bank account on tourist visa without certificate of residence or letter from embassy?

Simple question.

Especially when it's been "several"

I assist folk opening a bank account.

It's not easy. .please help me with your simple process for the "several friends"

Your expertise would assist many 

Especially those entering Visa exempt to obtain no O and needing Thai bank account.

That would be so helpful. 

Edited by DrJack54
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, London Lowf said:

not sure whether the licence has to be Thai as I didn't proceed at the time, although I will at some point in  the future.

Haven't heard that one before.

In any event the transport office accepts foreign DL in English so guessing that will be fine with Bank along with certificate of residence. 

8 hours ago, DrJack54 said:

Which province have your "several friends " been able to open bank account on tourist visa without certificate of residence or letter from embassy?

Simple question.

Especially when it's been "several"

I assist folk opening a bank account.

It's not easy. .please help me with your simple process for the "several friends"

Your expertise would assist many 

Especially those entering Visa exempt to obtain no O and needing Thai bank account.

That would be so helpful. 

You have .been nothing but argumentative and condoscending on every post about this. As I told you multiple times I sent you the same info more than once, had others also confirm it but you stay claim rubbish so no I will not post this to You. If other post I will provide them the info I have. As I also have said every time there is no guarantee like all things 8n thailand

• Sad 2
  • Thumbs Up 1

Sorry guys, I was asking for a residence certificate for a friend who is on a tourist visa. His embassy doesn't issue this document. He wants to open a bank account and need the residence certificate for this. He has the TM and rental contract but he has no 90 days report since he is not required to file that. My question is, if we go to Whattana immigration will they issue the certificate without a 90 days report ?

35 minutes ago, Doctor Martin said:

Sorry guys, I was asking for a residence certificate for a friend who is on a tourist visa. His embassy doesn't issue this document. He wants to open a bank account and need the residence certificate for this. He has the TM and rental contract but he has no 90 days report since he is not required to file that. My question is, if we go to Whattana immigration will they issue the certificate without a 90 days report ?

@DrJack54has already covered that in his 2nd post above. In short, no.

• Thumbs Up 1

9 hours ago, London Lowf said:

As of three months ago Krungsri Bank in Kamala (Phuket) require CoR, passport and driving licence - not sure whether the licence has to be Thai as I didn't proceed at the time, although I will at some point in  the future.

I opened an account in Krungsri Bank in 2021. They demanded to se my foreign driving license for some reason. Thai DL was not accepted, I actually had to go back home to pick up my home country DL.. I think they were looking for documentation of a foreign address. They kept asking about that in the forms also.

• Confused 1
  • Haha 2

14 hours ago, DrJack54 said:

I assist folk in opening accounts in Bangkok and it's basically impossible without certificate of residence or letter from embassy. 

Maybe folk would be better off without your assistance if the banks are requiring such documentation when you're involved.  I've opened accounts in Bangkok with Krung Sri, Bangkok Bank, Krung Thai and TMB (as was) with just a passport.

• Like 1
  • Confused 2
  • Thumbs Up 1

25 minutes ago, Foxx said:

Maybe folk would be better off without your assistance if the banks are requiring such documentation when you're involved.  I've opened accounts in Bangkok with Krung Sri, Bangkok Bank, Krung Thai and TMB (as was) with just a passport.

When. 

• Like 2

14 hours ago, Dan O said:

Which provinces, an easy question to answer.....?

For others to take onboard............????

• Like 2

15 hours ago, DrJack54 said:

Which immigration office.

Which province?

You are posting nonsense.

In Bangkok banks absolutely require certificate of residence or letter from embassy.

The issue for CW is that they do not issue certificate of residence without having made a 90 day report.

Recent threads relating to other provinces such as Jomtien also require certificate of residence. 

However in all other provinces the 90 day report not a requirement. 

An alternative is to use agent to open account .

Approx 4k

I have to agree he is talking absolute rubbish ,especially the Krungsri bank they are adamant now on a COR and a Non Immigrant O Visa.

I have been with Krungsri 22 years and know the manager very well , tried to get my 77 year Australian mate a bank account opened on a tourist Visa.

Absolutely no chance anymore and definitely needed a COR after he successfully got his Non O.

Even the Bangkok bank made an announcement last month , no more new bank accounts on tourist Visas.

• Thumbs Up 1

I've had a bank account for years at Krungsri Bank . I am trying to get my mother an account when she arrives on a tourist visa in August . I was told by the very nice lady at the bank who I've known for years and consider a friend as we've been out socially that the Krungsri Bangkok as of now will NOT open a savings account for foreigner unless they have a Non-Immigrant visa . Best to use a trusted agency and open Bangkok Bank who will open with a tourist visa and residency paper from immigration that and agent can help with Good luck 

2 hours ago, Doctor Martin said:

Thanks for all the information. Much appreciated ????

May I ask which bank & branch only want a CoR? I've recently been given a much longer, more onerous list of requirements at a nearby branch of a major bank (BBL on Surawong).

2 hours ago, Foxx said:

Would you mind listing the branches where you did this? I need a new Bangkok-based back account and CBF going to CW for a CoR.