TAT Expects Strong Summer Air Traffic This Year

webfact

6 hours ago, webfact said:

establish code-share partnerships which will allow passengers to purchase a one-time ticket without needing to buy separate domestic tickets upon arrival

Creating a monopoly for Bangkok Airways and Thai Smile????

• Thumbs Up 1

26 minutes ago, StayinThailand2much said:

Seriously? They are comparing the Russian market of 2019 with the one in 2023? Do they follow up on international news at all?

I have no idea what the numbers look like but on our recent trip to Bangkok, Hua Hin and Pattaya we saw nothing but Russians, they are everywhere. A female friend of my wife works in a hotel in Phuket and she says the same, Phuket is heaving with Russians. If the numbers came in huge, I wouldn't be surprised.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, pp00 said:

What TAT expects is for the trash bin. Why even make it a topic here? No other news??

Why give a platform to all these Thai official morons who all he time feel the need to put their opinions expectations and plans into media. Since you can't silence them at least deprive them of this platform here. What they say is not worth to even be mentioned. Very important moron's brain farts.

Not a great deal of imagination required to work out why rubbish like this is continually posted on here.  

21 hours ago, webfact said:

These figures demonstrate rising tourism demand despite the fact that the season is not the busiest of the year,

Could it coincide with the non-burning season?  If a variety of potential tourists made enough noise about lung cancer would the Government do anything about it?

• Thumbs Up 1

12 hours ago, nigelforbes said:

Have to say that the majority of Russians we saw in Thailand recently on our trip were not exactly of draft age, or of military calibre, unless Vlad has resorted to conscripting pensioners and tubbies.

I live in Phuket and can say there are plenty. Of course, in the major tourist areas you are going to see tourists, but look to the more residential parts and sometimes you think you've landed in PhuketGrad.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

12 hours ago, nigelforbes said:

Have to say that the majority of Russians we saw in Thailand recently on our trip were not exactly of draft age, or of military calibre, unless Vlad has resorted to conscripting pensioners and tubbies.

I usually see quite a few when out shopping in the Pattaya area and they would qualify as of draft age. Often young families or couples. 

• Thanks 2

On 4/15/2023 at 1:07 PM, pp00 said:

What TAT expects is for the trash bin. Why even make it a topic here? No other news??

Why give a platform to all these Thai official morons who all he time feel the need to put their opinions expectations and plans into media. Since you can't silence them at least deprive them of this platform here. What they say is not worth to even be mentioned. Very important moron's brain farts

Don't hold back.  Just say what is on your mind!

• Like 1

20 hours ago, nigelforbes said:

Lots of young military age and young families in Phuket.  Especially in the residential areas.  My Thai friends are complaining that the Russians are now living where Thai people usually live.  And they party too much. Not happy with Russians living in Thai neighborhoods.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Haha 1

TAT. Are they a group of the most optimistic people in the worl or just completely full of s**t?  I think both. 
They spend all this time running “campaigns “ to attract tourists, generally various specific nationalities, religions, etc. Why not come up with a theme song?  Aerosmith’s “Dream On” would seem to be a good fit. 

On 4/16/2023 at 7:52 AM, Karma80 said:

I live in Phuket and can say there are plenty. Of course, in the major tourist areas you are going to see tourists, but look to the more residential parts and sometimes you think you've landed in PhuketGrad.

Maybe they do not feel welcome in the EU hotspots any more - or perhaps there are not many airlines able to fly to the Med from Russia.

On 4/16/2023 at 3:57 PM, LivingNThailand said:

Lots of young military age and young families in Phuket.  Especially in the residential areas.  My Thai friends are complaining that the Russians are now living where Thai people usually live.  And they party too much. Not happy with Russians living in Thai neighborhoods.

Presumably the noisy Russians are renting or have bought property from quieter Thais - how inconsiderate.

On 4/15/2023 at 9:58 AM, webfact said:

TAT has set a target for each of its eleven offices around the world to attract one million visitors to Thailand.

Some of these offices are in Dubai, Czechia, Singapore, and Hong Kong...

Dubai, for example, has a population of 3.33 million. And their target is 1 million visitors... 

????????????

TAT: "If a third of your population doesn't go for a holiday to Thailand, we will stop buying your oil!"

Dubai: "Okay... All will come."

Edited by StayinThailand2much

On 4/15/2023 at 1:07 PM, pp00 said:

Since you can't silence them at least deprive them of this platform here. What they say is not worth to even be mentioned.

Yet by commenting you are doing the very thing you object to - giving them a platform. 

If such news were simply ignored and not ‘clicked on' the thread would quickly die off and be ignored, the news teams would not bother supplying the information ‘we click on’....