Pheu Thai party’s Paetongtarn top PM candidate in latest NIDA poll

webfact

19 hours ago, billd766 said:

Please tell us all what qualifications ANY general has in running a country?

Well, the three finest presidents the US ever had, in terms of accomplishments, were Washington, Grant, and Eisenhower. Eisenhower's 8 years in office saw the largest leap in GDP growth ever seen in America. Plus, his appreciation for infrastructure saw the building of the Interstate highway -- among others. And being a military man, he knew the horrors of war. So, for his 8 years, not a single American soldier was killed in action, as he successfully kept us out of the Suez Canal fiasco, and the argument to help LANDLOCKED Hungary (note emphasis, that a non military president would not have appreciated).

Yes, some other countries have had questionable generals in charge, when it comes to the good of the country. Napoleon and De Gaulle come to mind. But, hey, they can be forgiven -- they were French.

Anyway, Prayut is no dummy. He's made some good decisions, and some bad -- based on some good, and some bad, advice. And he's had a hard period of time to govern, what with Covid. But we'll never know if someone else would have done better, given all the available (or not so available) facts to act upon.

And, best I can tell, he has no scandal associated with his name, as in corrupt. In fact, I think we'll find he's a rarity in this regard. But, I could be wrong. I hope not, because he seems to be quite the decent fellow.

Anyway, come back here in 8 years and lets see how his replacement has done. And, maybe like we Yanks found out about Truman, it takes some years to really appreciate how exceptional a leader was amongst the thorns.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, JimGant said:

Well, the three finest presidents the US ever had, in terms of accomplishments, were Washington, Grant, and Eisenhower. Eisenhower's 8 years in office saw the largest leap in GDP growth ever seen in America. Plus, his appreciation for infrastructure saw the building of the Interstate highway -- among others. And being a military man, he knew the horrors of war. So, for his 8 years, not a single American soldier was killed in action, as he successfully kept us out of the Suez Canal fiasco, and the argument to help LANDLOCKED Hungary (note emphasis, that a non military president would not have appreciated).

Yes, some other countries have had questionable generals in charge, when it comes to the good of the country. Napoleon and De Gaulle come to mind. But, hey, they can be forgiven -- they were French.

Anyway, Prayut is no dummy. He's made some good decisions, and some bad -- based on some good, and some bad, advice. And he's had a hard period of time to govern, what with Covid. But we'll never know if someone else would have done better, given all the available (or not so available) facts to act upon.

And, best I can tell, he has no scandal associated with his name, as in corrupt. In fact, I think we'll find he's a rarity in this regard. But, I could be wrong. I hope not, because he seems to be quite the decent fellow.

Anyway, come back here in 8 years and lets see how his replacement has done. And, maybe like we Yanks found out about Truman, it takes some years to really appreciate how exceptional a leader was amongst the thorns.

And how many centuries did that cover?

If I had a vote this guy would get it.

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/videos/2023-04-19/harvard-alumni-to-help-thailand-reclaim-lost-decade-video

"Thailand’s Move Forward Party wants to reclaim the lost decade under a military-backed rule by de-monopolizing businesses and reducing the role of armed forces, its leader Pita Limjaroenrat tells Bloomberg News. The opposition party will also push for decentralization of economic power outside its capital and commercial hub Bangkok if it wins next month’s general election, Pita, an alumnus of Harvard Kennedy School of Government and MIT Sloan School of Management said in an interview on April 19, 2023."

• Like 1

On 4/17/2023 at 11:16 AM, RichardColeman said:

Be farcical if Mr. 13% and his 10% party runs the country again.

Poll shows up to 90% do not want him back - good for them

Asked who is they favour as the next prime minister, the poll shows:

1. Paetongtarn Shinawatra, 35.7%
  2. Pita Limjaroenrat, 20.25%
  3. General Prayut Chan-o-cha, 13.6%

The favourite parties are:

1. Pheu Thai party, 47.20%
  2. Move Forward party, 21.20%
  3. United Thai Nation party, 10.80%

Favoured party-list candidates are:

1. Pheu Thai party, 47.0%
  2. Move Forward party, 21.85%