Pheu Thai party’s Paetongtarn top PM candidate in latest NIDA poll

webfact

image.jpeg

Pheu Thai party’s advisory chief and head of the Pheu Thai “family”, Paetongtarn Shinawatra, is the favourite candidate for Thailand’s next prime minister, according to the latest opinion poll conducted by the National Institute of Development Administration (NIDA).

The poll also shows Pita Limjaroenrat, leader of the Move Forward party, and the incumbent Prayut Chan-o-cha, of the United Thai Nation party, are the second and third favourites respectively.

NIDA gauged the opinions of 2,000 people across the country aged over 18, with different educational backgrounds, careers and income levels, between April 3rd and 7th.

Full story: https://www.thaipbsworld.com/pheu-thai-partys-paetongtarn-top-pm-candidate-in-latest-nida-poll/

Logo-top-.png

-- © Copyright Thai PBS 2023-04-17

- Cigna offers a range of visa-compliant plans that meet the minimum requirement of medical treatment, including COVID-19, up to THB 3m. For more information on all expat health insurance plans click here.

The most versatile and flexible rental investment and holiday home solution in Thailand - click for more information.

• Thumbs Up 1

4 hours ago, webfact said:

The poll also shows Pita Limjaroenrat, leader of the Move Forward party, and the incumbent Prayut Chan-o-cha, of the United Thai Nation party, are the second and third favourites respectively

Ole Cha Cha is on his way back to the barracks.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Be farcical if Mr. 13% and his 10% party runs the country again.

Poll shows up to 90% do not want him back - good for them

Asked who is they favour as the next prime minister, the poll shows:

1. Paetongtarn Shinawatra, 35.7%
  2. Pita Limjaroenrat, 20.25%
  3. General Prayut Chan-o-cha, 13.6%

The favourite parties are:

1. Pheu Thai party, 47.20%
  2. Move Forward party, 21.20%
  3. United Thai Nation party, 10.80%

Favoured party-list candidates are:

1. Pheu Thai party, 47.0%
  2. Move Forward party, 21.85%
  3. United Thai Nation party, 11.40%

6 hours ago, SoilSpoil said:

Let's be clear about this, she has zero experience just like her antie didn't. I feel a deal is brokered, where the watchman will become pm and her daddy can return.

"she has zero experience" Or else just let the soldiers continue ruining the country. What experience had the unelected caretaker PM of running the country? He only has a Military Academy Education, yet he has been there for 9 years now.

What education has Paetongtarn had? I don't know for sure, but I guess she has university or college degree's.

• Like 1

Thaksin-Linked Party Maintains Lead in Poll Ahead of Thai Vote

I'm sure a certain junta loving subset of the expat population are shaking in their slippers. The deeply tanned and unwashed masses will again vote for the "wrong" party and the old elite's carefully crafted bubble will burst and the stink will be horrendous.:clap2:

image_2023-04-17_130855340.png

Edited by Phoenix Rising
  • Like 2
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, NoshowJones said:

"she has zero experience" Or else just let the soldiers continue ruining the country. What experience had the unelected caretaker PM of running the country? He only has a Military Academy Education, yet he has been there for 9 years now.

What education has Paetongtarn had? I don't know for sure, but I guess she has university or college degree's.

So they are both not suited to be pm.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Haha 1

8 hours ago, spidermike007 said:

Anyone, absolutely anyone would be an improvement over the dinosaurs. And I hope Prayuth not only gets beaten, but is utterly humiliated in the process. He deserves that. Let the people speak. 

It is also possibly Pheu Thai would be less beholden to big agra, and might be willing to do something about the air apocalypse we are witnessing. Something has to be done. Anything is better than Mr. Nothing, Cha Cha. 

It seems that most of the country is in the "unhealthy" AQI zone almost permanently now. I wonder if there is a breakdown out there of how many days over the past six months air pollution readings across all of Thailand have hit or gone above the AQI 150 number?

• Thumbs Up 1

7 hours ago, Eric Loh said:

Don't see his party winning more than 25 seats to be eligible to nominate him as Premier candidate. UTN may get some party list seats and maybe in Chonburi where his Labour Minister Suchart is strong. In the south, he will be fighting against the incumbent Dem Party, PPRP and BJT and unlikely to gain much traction. In Bangkok, it will be a white wash for UTN as Bangkokians simply hate the sight of this abnoxious man. It will be good for the country not to have any remnants of junta allied parties in the the next government. 8 years of stagnated economic growth lead by an uninspiring temperament military strongman is enough. 

Naturally, we will always be calling on and hoping for change towards the betterment of all. 

Some of us will be awaiting to witness what really comes about when the saviour parties gain considerable majority [and control]......we'll see. 

Personally, after all the hoopla and fanciful promotions, I'd be hard pressed to believe that there will be much change whatsoever. 

3 hours ago, billd766 said:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Paethongtarn_Shinawatra

Personal life
Paethongtarn Shinawatra was born in Bangkok. She went to Saint Joseph Convent School for junior high school and Mater Dei School for high school. She graduated with a bachelor's degree in Political Science, Sociology and Anthropology from the Faculty of Political Science, Chulalongkorn University in 2008 and continued her studies in England, earning a MSC degree in International Hotel Management from the University of Surrey.[3]

Paethongtarn is the No. 1 shareholder of SC Asset Corporation and a director of the Thaicom Foundation. She is married to Pitaka Suksawat and they have one daughter.[4]

Does this help?

Good resume, but not one iota of experience to run a country (similiar to her Auntie). So it boils down as this---the popular option for PM is going to have a baby just after the elections (which will definitely interfere with PM duties), she hasn't any suitable qualifications to be PM and is only popular with people because of her father---"the will of the people"..haha.

Edited by couchpotato
  • Haha 2

3 hours ago, Phoenix Rising said:

......by a small elite controlling the armed forces. 

When has this never been the case? Regardless of standing government and how it was formed.

A deeper examination of contemporary Thai historical reality might prove this to be all too true. 

28 minutes ago, couchpotato said:

Good resume, but not one iota of experience to run a country (similiar to her Auntie). So it boils down as this---the popular option for PM is going to have a baby just after the elections (which will definitely interfere with PM duties), she hasn't any suitable qualifications to be PM and is only popular with people because of her father---"the will of the people"..haha.

Well the "will of the people voted for her father twice in free elections, and the second time, after being the first elected PM to complete a 4 year stint. The second time he and the TRT won an overall majority in government.

The only way he was deposed was by a military coup, as was his sister, Yingluck?

The Thai people voted them both into power.

NOBODY voted the military coup generals into the power that they only hold at the point of a gun at the Thai people.

Please tell us all what qualifications ANY general has in running a country?

• Like 2

6 hours ago, NoshowJones said:

And......more importantly, she has her Father's check book at hand. 

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, billd766 said:

A voice in the wilderness,

and If I guess correctly you are not Thai and therefore like me, you have no vote.

Not being able to vote doesnt mean you cannot have an opinion. This is a forum, you know, an online database where members describe their opinions. Sigh........anything else Herr Knowitall?

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, zzaa09 said:

When has this never been the case? Regardless of standing government and how it was formed.

A deeper examination of contemporary Thai historical reality might prove this to be all too true. 

When you write a post with the aim to come across as smarter and more informed than others it usually helps if said post included a point.

That way you don't come across as a total.......:coffee1:

1 hour ago, couchpotato said:

"Good resume, but not one iota of experience to run a country (similiar to her Auntie)."

This might come as a surprise to you but the vast majority of people elected to run countries have never done it before. Incredible, right?

"So it boils down as this---the popular option for PM is going to have a baby just after the elections (which will definitely interfere with PM duties), she hasn't any suitable qualifications to be PM and is only popular with people because of her father---"the will of the people"..haha."

Hope you're sitting down as your in for another shock; It matters not at all why people vote the way they do, only the amount of votes a candidate gets.

Blew your mind, did I?

Haha.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

The ugly toad Prawit doesn't seem to be ringing any bells. Seriously 15 % of Thais think we should have more of Prayut. He's loafed around for about 10 years and has he brought happiness to the people? Personally I am less happy than when the lovely Yingluck was PM....although admittedly I am not Thai and 15% of Thais might be in ecstasy right now....I bet they are the rich ones though with Ferraris and stuff.

3 minutes ago, Pedrogaz said:

The ugly toad Prawit doesn't seem to be ringing any bells. Seriously 15 % of Thais think we should have more of Prayut. He's loafed around for about 10 years and has he brought happiness to the people? Personally I am less happy than when the lovely Yingluck was PM....although admittedly I am not Thai and 15% of Thais might be in ecstasy right now....I bet they are the rich ones though with Ferraris and stuff.

Government workers and extended family networks indeed