Dirty tricks feared by Pheu Thai, the Election Commission urged to probe Maha Sarakham vote-buying reports

webfact

5 hours ago, Will B Good said:

Standard practice here..........house addresses being circulated now as to where to go and  get their money......each house has an observer to check they don't collect more than one hand out.

The Shinawatra family are the only chance of winning an election as they are loved by the rural masses but everyone knows that money is key.

300 baht offered in the last election for everyone in the village to turn up to their speech (they could of still voted the other way, I believe, but hardly anyone bothered to turn up to the other candidates speech's). More than half turned up and when you factor in all the other villages it must of cost millions upon millions.

No surprise that party won by a landslide

I stated then why would they vote for them knowing it was so corrupt.

I lent money to GF's uncle to buy votes in the local village elections just to be the under boss of the village headsman. It cost him 40k/50k baht to buy the votes but it guaranteed him a paid job for 4 years. (touch and go, he won by 2 votes with 3 void votes that had voted for his opponent). 

Its a completely normal and expected practice. He just spent more money than the other candidate, who, with a much larger family in the village and sponsored by the headsman believed they would win easily.

• Sad 1

2 hours ago, AgMech Cowboy said:

Nothing free and fair about it when they can buy votes without repercussions as Pheu Thai does every election. (I'm talking hard cash into hands for the vote).

EVERY political party buys votes, not just PT.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, AgMech Cowboy said:

Nothing free and fair about it when they can buy votes without repercussions as Pheu Thai does every election. (I'm talking hard cash into hands for the vote).

A touch of sarcasm in my post, at least it was the way I meant it.????

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, digger70 said:

Dirty tricks 

Isn't that what politics is all about? Deceiving people ?

Promises and Nothing Happens when they are elected.

Universal, the world over. 

Some are just more astute at such than others. 

• Thumbs Up 1