45 day visa exemption still available?

1 minute ago, DrJack54 said:

Please stop.

Thailand cannot control flight costs from Europe etc.

I have already explained the "visa fees" have not changed 

Visa exempt 45 days was a temporary stimulus.

Get over it.

30 day visa exempt has always been lovely option from Thai gov.

Also easy extended by 30 days for 1900baht.

Just explaining the facts on how visitors think. Most people I know look at costs.

If flights are $500 more plus you have to pay 1900 baht plus $12 you might delay your trip.

Easy yes but costly all up.

4 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

have already explained the "visa fees" have not changed 

If your trip is 33 days then the fees are 1900 baht extra versus zero under 45 days. So the visa fees have increased for travellers above 30 days.

If visa exemption was 90 days then visa fees disappear.

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, bignok said:

If visa exemption was 90 days then visa fees disappear.

Nonsense.

USA and AU as I have tried to explain to you cannot enter Vietnam visa exempt.

The only option is 30 day single entry tourist visa.

And you want/suggest Thailand tourist options need to be relaxed.

In fact 90 days? 

Now on ignore. 

52 minutes ago, bignok said:

If Malay was buddhist I would just go there, 90 days.

Not about Buddhism. Muslims in Malaysia (also in Thailand) are the nicest people. Just to mention one example, went eating out in KL, no chairs available, stood at a table, then a young Muslima told me that a chair was just free behind me... Never happened to me in Thailand. Just one example...

Of course, Malaysia doesn't have something like Pattaya or Patong, so yes, if you're single, it can be a bit boring. 

Edited by StayinThailand2much

3 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

Nonsense.

USA and AU as I have tried to explain to you cannot enter Vietnam visa exempt.

The only option is 30 day single entry tourist visa.

And you want/suggest Thailand tourist options need to be relaxed.

In fact 90 days? 

Now on ignore. 

Never said you could. Vietnam always needed a visa up front.

You are mixed up with another poster.

Just now, StayinThailand2much said:

Not about Buddhism. Muslims in Malaysia (also in Thailand) are the nicest people. Just to mention one example, went eating out, no chairs available, stood at a table, then a young Muslima told me that a chair was just free behind me... Never happened to me in Thailand. Just one example...

Of course, Malaysia doesn't have something like Pattaya or Patong, so yes, if you're single, it can be a bit boring. 

Not for me. Rather noisy and rude down in Songkhla. Strange looks if you were normal clothes.

1 minute ago, StayinThailand2much said:

Not about Buddhism. Muslims in Malaysia (also in Thailand) are the nicest people. Just to mention one example, went eating out, no chairs available, stood at a table, then a young Muslima told me that a chair was just free behind me... Never happened to me in Thailand. Just one example...

I have been to Malaysia many times and I found them very friendly and helpful which I can't say about Farangs in Thailand 

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, still kicking said:

I have been to Malaysia many times and I found them very friendly and helpful which I can't say about Farangs in Thailand 

Joke? 

Pulled into beach side restaurant only to be told that they don't seve alcohol due to religion. 

Lovely joint . Not. 

Edited by DrJack54

10 minutes ago, bignok said:

Not for me. Rather noisy and rude down in Songkhla. Strange looks if you were normal clothes.

Songkhla has a mix of Thais, Chinese, and Muslims (Malays).

No strange looks in Malaysia. Few in Yala or Narathiwat. Even in Bangkok I rarely get strange looks from Thai Muslims. Much more from 'Buddhists'.

1 minute ago, StayinThailand2much said:

Songkhla has a mix of Thais, Chinese, and Muslims (Malays).

No strange looks in Malaysia. Few in Yala or Narathiwat. Even in Bangkok I rarely get strange looks from Thai Muslims. Much more from 'Buddhists'.

I don't but some women do.

3 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

Joke? 

Pulled into beach side restaurant only to be told that they don't seve alcohol due to religion. 

Lovely joint . Not. 

Went to Thailand. Wanted to have a beer with my late lunch at 2 p.m. Told "Cannot, as kids' school day was over." Asked to come back 5 p.m. ... LOL

Joke? 

Lovely joint . Not. 

No joke at all I went to Malaysia every 3 months to renew my visa and had no problems getting a drink, but I went mostly to KL and Penang 

3 minutes ago, StayinThailand2much said:

Went to Thailand. Wanted to have a beer with my late lunch at 2 p.m. Told "Cannot, as kids' school day was over." Asked to come back 5 p.m. ... LOL

Everyone living in Thailand or even tourist accept quickly that Thailand has a stupid 2-5 alcohol rule.

Fortunately the Mum/Pop shoos next door sell booze during those hours.

4 minutes ago, still kicking said:

No joke at all I went to Malaysia every 3 months to renew my visa and had no problems getting a drink, but I went mostly to KL and Penang 

Even in strictly Muslim Kelantan (E of peninsula) you can buy beer. Similar to Thailand, sales hours are restricted, but you can.

Everyone living in Thailand or even tourist accept quickly that Thailand has a stupid 2-5 alcohol rule.

Fortunately the Mum/Pop shoos next door sell booze during those hours.

Yes, but the Mom&Pop shops don't sell the beer I like to drink. But yes, school kids buy there, while grown-ups cannot buy their favourite brand at a normal store.

Just now, StayinThailand2much said:

Yes, but the Mom&Pop shops don't sell the beer I like to drink. But yes, school kids buy there, while grown-ups cannot buy their favourite brand at a normal store.

My nephew, then about 14 years old used to buy the beer for me at Mom and Pop shop next door no questions ask.

6 minutes ago, StayinThailand2much said:

Even in strictly Muslim Kelantan (E of peninsula) you can buy beer. Similar to Thailand, sales hours are restricted, but you can.

Read my earlier post.

I had to check out 3 beach side restaurant to finally find one that would serve me a beer at a restaurant. 

Then on island the 7/11 chick had to put my beer in plastic bag after she put towel around the bottle.

That's weird.

To each their own.

I wouldn't go to Malaysia with a free ticket. 

Edited by DrJack54

9 minutes ago, StayinThailand2much said:

And go to random restaurant and sit and order alcohol? 

Surely you are not referring to take away. 

I dont want to buy take away.

I want sit in restaurants or relax on beach AKA Pattaya and not  have restrictions due to some rules. 

6 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

Read my earlier post.

I had to check out 3 beach side restaurant to finally find one that would serve me a beer at a restaurant. 

Then on island the 7/11 chick had to put my beer in plastic bag after she put towel around the bottle.

That's weird.

To each their own.

I wouldn't go to Malaysia with a free ticket. 

As I mentioned, 'Party Central' Malaysia is not...

7 minutes ago, StayinThailand2much said:

Depends on the location. Some states you cannot. Others, like Penang, probably, but not on certain days.

I'm sure the western countries that are very fixated with freedom would love to visit that country. Not.

All of this is off topic and will be deleted. 

Edited by DrJack54

52 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

I'm sure the western countries that are very fixated with freedom would love to visit that country. Not.

All of this is off topic and will be deleted. 

Even Western countries have alcohol restrictions. In Oz or NZ many restaurants don't have a licence to serve alcohol. And try to buy it to take away; you have to find a liquor store, as other shops are prohibited to sell alcohol. In Australia's NT you even have to show ID at the liquor store to buy a beer! And at the liquor store, try to buy 1 single bottle or can. Often cannot as they only sell the beer in six-packs... How weird is that?

Edited by StayinThailand2much

7 minutes ago, StayinThailand2much said:

Even Western countries have alcohol restrictions. In Oz or NZ many restaurants don't have a licence to serve alcohol. And try to buy it to take away; you have to find a liquor store, as other shops are prohibited to sell alcohol. In Australia's NT you even have to show ID at the liquor store to buy a beer! And at the liquor store, try to buy 1 single bottle or can. Often cannot as they only sell the beer in six-packs... How weird is that?

Which is why they holiday in Thailand.

• Haha 1

On 4/17/2023 at 10:50 PM, StayinThailand2much said:

I tried to add: "And Thailand only 30 days?", but somehow couldn't add it.

With ticket prices currently that high, why would tourists from Europe or North America travel here for only 3 or 4 weeks?

Perhaps coming from Oz it makes more sense. (More flights, incl. budget airlines.)

It’s the low season and not the best in Thailand. Tourists can travel in Europe for sunshine and fun. And no top price air flights. Can go by car, train, even bus if you’re on a budget.  Western Tourists won’t be back till around November . Real * tourists* usually go for two weeks, not 3 months. Snowbirds go for the Thai high season and stay 3 to 5 months using a border hop and extension. No big deal.