All a misunderstanding! Police take no action after "pretty's" social media post

webfact

image.jpeg

INN Thai Caption: "Pretty" admits breathalyzer misunderstanding

Police in Bangkok decided not to take action against a pretty or PR woman who posted on social media that she got away scot free after nearly busting the limit on a breathalyzer machine.

It turned out to be a torch and the woman didn't even get tested.

She had posted for content purposes.

Pol Maj-Gen Jirasan Kaewsaeng-ek said that the incident happened at an alcohol check-point on Friday and that a three point check was in operation. It was all above board.

This meant that officers assessed whether someone was drunk visually, checked with a hand held machine then confirmed with another, reported INN.

But in this case - with CCTV showing that it was just 5 seconds - the woman wasn't even tested.

The lady admitted later that she was not drunk and had just posted for her followers.

The police decided not to charge her for false reporting as it was a minor thing and Songkran.

asean_now_BB.jpg

-- © Copyright  ASEAN NOW 2023-04-17

- Cigna offers a range of visa-compliant plans that meet the minimum requirement of medical treatment, including COVID-19, up to THB 3m. For more information on all expat health insurance plans click here.

The most versatile and flexible rental investment and holiday home solution in Thailand - click for more information.

Get your business in front of millions of customers who read ASEAN NOW with an interest in Thailand every month - email [email protected] for more information
  • Confused 2
  • Sad 2
  • Haha 2

She blew into a torch?!!  One wonders what else she might 'blow' in order to be let off ????

Totally off-topic, but many years ago I found myself held in the dock under Pattaya Courts on some trumped-up charge.  A Thai 'lady' was in the dock accused of having 1 yaba pill.  The magistrate told her to go into the private room next door to sort it out with the police officer and then she would be released without charge. The police guy was smiling like a cheshire cat as he went with the lady (who BTW was also smiling!).  Of course, I have no idea what then occurred in that room ????

3 hours ago, simon43 said:

She blew into a torch?!!  One wonders what else she might 'blow' in order to be let off ????

Totally off-topic, but many years ago I found myself held in the dock under Pattaya Courts on some trumped-up charge.  A Thai 'lady' was in the dock accused of having 1 yaba pill.  The magistrate told her to go into the private room next door to sort it out with the police officer and then she would be released without charge. The police guy was smiling like a cheshire cat as he went with the lady (who BTW was also smiling!).  Of course, I have no idea what then occurred in that room ????

One wonders what else she might 'blow' in order to be let off ????....Are You thinking Dickie.....???