Thai embassy Kuala Lumpur - appointment system issues

I have been trying to check the appointment system for the Thai embassy in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia, but every time I checked over the past 2-3 months, there is no appointments available or only on some very specific date that I can't even align planning with (even I am a bit flexible).

Any news about this or people with experience? Really seems to be a mess compared to for example the appointment system in Vientiene. 

It really sucks as I haven't been there in years, due to covid too, and would love to get my new non-o visa there. Specially now 45 day is back to 30, a normal run would be a waste, aside that I just need the new non-o sooner or later, to go back on yearly extensions again. Tired of travelling already since covid is more or less over.

Edited by ChaiyaTH

3 hours ago, Crossy said:

Any particular reason you can't convert your current entry to a non-O without leaving Thailand?

Wasnt in a rush or issue, just wanted to use the freedom to travel a bit since borders opened up. 

But to go to KL only for a 30 day on arrival VS a fresh non-o 90 days elsewhere, id go elsewhere.

I just find it super akward that this appointment system never has good options or slots since covid, it never was my favorite embassy but love KL a few days. 

Also surprised no more news or topics popped up related to this? I suspect nobody goes at all due to this, so the embassy is doing this on purpose or what is the logic? 

32 minutes ago, ChaiyaTH said:

Wasnt in a rush or issue, just wanted to use the freedom to travel a bit since borders opened up

Don't follow.

If you qualify for a non O marriage or retirement then obtain non O in Thailand and subsequent extension.

Buy a reentry permit for all the travel you wish. 

If for the non O in Thailand you cannot meet the financials then just say that. 

Flight to Saigon better option and the appointment system is up but book few weeks in advance. 

Edited by DrJack54

Decades since KL issued any useful Non-Imms. Last time I looked it was only 3-month SEs. Trying to recall just when I last stood in the sun in that particular courtyard on Jln Ampang.

If there is a problem with the website, report it to the embassy – AN can't fix it.

Regarding appointment slots, I had no issues in September last year for tourist visa. I got next day to drop off the paperwork and following day to collect visa.

Other visa types may have been a different story, I'm not sure.

If you check the KL embassy website there is a notice at the top of the page that visa applications need 14 days notice. Going to the appointment page and all days before and after are greyed out apart from the day 14 days ahead which Is the 3rd May. Clicking on that date brings up the message.

"No free slots available for the moment for the selected date. Also please note that advanced appointment period of each service is limited as follows - Visa, Legalisation: 14 days in advance. Thai ID, Passport: 60 days in advance."

3 hours ago, stratocaster said:

If you check the KL embassy website there is a notice at the top of the page that visa applications need 14 days notice. Going to the appointment page and all days before and after are greyed out apart from the day 14 days ahead which Is the 3rd May. Clicking on that date brings up the message.

"No free slots available for the moment for the selected date. Also please note that advanced appointment period of each service is limited as follows - Visa, Legalisation: 14 days in advance. Thai ID, Passport: 60 days in advance."

Wow sherlock, you saw the website lik I did too. The point is obviously about the fact that there seldom to never is any slot, neither are the seldom slots shown '14 days in advance', more often it's 9-10 days. 

Anyway nevermind, all the answers on this topic are basically zero-answers + questions towards me, that have zero to do with the question I ask. Which is about anyone with recent experiences in KL and this appointment system, themself.

On 4/18/2023 at 9:34 PM, DrJack54 said:

Don't follow.

If you qualify for a non O marriage or retirement then obtain non O in Thailand and subsequent extension.

Buy a reentry permit for all the travel you wish. 

If for the non O in Thailand you cannot meet the financials then just say that. 

Flight to Saigon better option and the appointment system is up but book few weeks in advance. 

Who asked you to follow or needing to understand, has zero to do with my question. Neither did I ask your advice or opinion to tell me about alternative countries or locations. How is that even relevant at all too? It is not.

No wonder this forum and website is dying by the month, there is just always the same nonsense and never clear info or true knowledge, just old knowledge that is hidden away between 100,000 comments and thousands of topics. 

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, ChaiyaTH said:

Who asked you to follow or needing to understand, has zero to do with my question. Neither did I ask your advice or opinion to tell me about alternative countries or locations. How is that even relevant at all too? It is not.

No wonder this forum and website is dying by the month, there is just always the same nonsense and never clear info or true knowledge, just old knowledge that is hidden away between 100,000 comments and thousands of topics. 

I appreciate your frustration, though some posters, I think, were just genuinely trying to be helpful.

Having you tried an email to [email protected] to ask for assistance?

• 1 month later...
  • 9 months later...
On 5/30/2023 at 11:26 AM, tariikjamiil said:

I know this is probably not the exact issue. I can find a slot. but i'm not getting the OTP to verify, no matter what number i use, i tried mine, my friends and so many others, same.

anyone else faced that same issue?

No luck with either my Canadian VOIP number or my current Australian SIM.  Trying to make a visa appointment for when I arrive there in 10 days .  Even though it lets you enter numbers from all over the world, maybe it requires a Malaysian number to work?