How to pay for on line services now Pay Pal seems not able to own in Thailand

jwest10

Sorry if this already on and did a search
I have noticed recently that payment for many computer subscriptions only allow for pay pal payments and these are no longer available in Thailand.
How to go about this and did have one but it was cancelled but only available for Thais.
Is this correct and yeah I have an id card and not sure one can use it.
Thanks all

10 minutes ago, likerdup1 said:

Computer Subscriptions? What exactly are  you trying to purchase? Why not use a credit card. Paypal is dead. Ebay doesn't even use it anymore.

Yes  thanks all  but computer viruses etc and clean and repair on Total AV and others there is only an option for paypal and no credit card and have noticed this a lot recently???

• Like 1

Just now, jwest10 said:

Yes  thanks all  but computer viruses etc and clean and repair on Total AV and others there is only an option for paypal and no credit card and have noticed this a lot recently???

and no option for a debit card

I still use PayPal.

After PayPal cancelled all our Thai accounts, I simply opened an American PayPal account and use that will no issues.  Just open an account in your home country. Easiest way is to have a friend or relative IN the country 'lend' you their telephone number. It will be needed to sign up for the account to prove that you are really you. You give them a one-time password to set up the account, then as soon as it's established, change your password. I then attached a bank account to the PayPal account, and now all set.
I've been using PayPal steadily with no problems other than I'm spending too much money buying toys!

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, FolkGuitar said:

I still use PayPal.

After PayPal cancelled all our Thai accounts, I simply opened an American PayPal account and use that will no issues.  Just open an account in your home country. Easiest way is to have a friend or relative IN the country 'lend' you their telephone number. It will be needed to sign up for the account to prove that you are really you. You give them a one-time password to set up the account, then as soon as it's established, change your password. I then attached a bank account to the PayPal account, and now all set.
I've been using PayPal steadily with no problems other than I'm spending too much money buying toys!

I did more or less the same thing, but with a UK PayPal account.

20 minutes ago, jwest10 said:

Are you sure? I just checked Total AV and when I got to the payment page it offered an option for credit card payment.

Screenshot_2023_0419_105033.png

Edited by GroveHillWanderer

4 minutes ago, GroveHillWanderer said:

Are you sure? I just checked Total AV and when I got to the payment page it offered an option for credit card payment.

Oh the oprion of the card does not come u on my computer weird

9 minutes ago, GroveHillWanderer said:

I tried again and went to the site but just paypal comes up but modern technology GRRRRR

35 minutes ago, jwest10 said:

When I used windows I never paid for anti-virus. There are a few good free virus protection software packages out there.

https://www.avast.com/en-us/free-antivirus-download#pc

I use Linux which is a free open source Operating System. Free Word Processing, Spreadsheets etc etc.

ClamAV is a free anti-virus pacakge and addresses all the know Trojans and viruses.

I think there are good free options. I would not pay for any "computer subscriptions"

Edited by likerdup1
  • Thumbs Up 1

38 minutes ago, jwest10 said:

why don't you migrate to linux? it's free and you don't need any AV baloney (says the guy who was a 'Windows Pro' and hasn't used it for donkies years cos I realised it's just 'consumer carp')

PS use ublock origin as a browser plugin and you don't even see ads on 'crappy websites' nudge nudge wink wink

Edited by driver52
  • Thumbs Up 1