Thai man drags girlfriend 1 kilometre down road in motorcycle attack

webfact

While this was a horrendous situation, please keep your comments in compliance with this forum rule:

14. You will not post slurs, degrading or overly negative comments directed towards Thailand, Thai people, Thai culture, Thai institutions such as the military, judicial or law enforcement system or specific locations within Thailand.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, ezzra said:

Not wanting to generalising but under the famous Thai smile lies vicious cruelty that knows no bounds and it shows every day on these pages.

Spot on and not at all a generalization, but rather a fact for a huge portion of the Thai male society. Insecure, impulsive brutal brats with HUGE egos and ultra-fragile egos. :post-4641-1156693976:

• Confused 1
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Goat said:

Agree.

So many good things in Thailand to celebrate, such an interesting culture. It would be good if this forum shared more of the positives aspects rather than domestic violence stories that happen in every country.

Millions of tourists flock to Thailand, many year after year and most people on this forum have chosen it as theiir home because it is so good here.

It is not balanced.

The use of "thai man" instead of just saying "a man" triggers the same people who repeat the same comments.

KNEW this was from Goat the Thai apologist extraordinaire????

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, Skeptic7 said:

Spot on and not at all a generalization, but rather a fact for a huge portion of the Thai male society. Insecure, impulsive brutal brats with HUGE egos and ultra-fragile egos. :post-4641-1156693976:

Un like your self ! ? Right ???

• Thumbs Up 1

9 hours ago, ezzra said:

Not wanting to generalising but under the famous Thai smile lies vicious cruelty that knows no bounds and it shows every day on these pages.

Humans can be inhuman everywhere, smiling and otherwise.

There. I've generalized for you.

• Thumbs Up 1

6 minutes ago, Mark mark said:

Un like your self ! ? Right ???

Couldn't be further from anything even remotely like myself. And hopefully same for you, tho your comments make me go...hmmm:post-4641-1156693976:

• Haha 1

10 hours ago, ezzra said:

I have many farang friends from different countries they say actually the same many have been in Thailand a few times and won't come anymore 

• Thanks 1

12 hours ago, Seeall said:

and parents just let them do whatever

It's a sad situation here. There's a word that goes by  ”charity begins at home " but it's eventually not here....I can do whatever I want and nobody will stop me from doing it. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

10 hours ago, still kicking said:

I have many farang friends from different countries they say actually the same many have been in Thailand a few times and won't come anymore 

And I have eight buddies from the US, a couple of Canadians, an Aussie, a Swede and a Kiwi who used to visit as often as three times a year and only stayed away when covid rules prevented their travel. They come to enjoy themselves and they still do.

What's this fascination with trawling for bad news stories that seem to resonate in your affirmation echo chamber?

• Thumbs Up 2

16 hours ago, Skeptic7 said:

He will not get away with this you know ! ... The Cops might be kept out of it, as well a LOT of Thai's do not trust them either ! ...  But I am pretty sure that the Local Community WILL ! Get him ! ... And they DO have long memories ! You Know ! I can tell you ! as I have seen it myself.

16 hours ago, Skeptic7 said:

Like his Mother is probably not saving him because she loves him, she probably is just trying to do maximum damage control for her own Family ! and Interests. ... An the Girl he dragged's family might very well attack him now also !!! ... Like the Woman in the Village, ... probably will ALL gang up on him now, ... and well they, ARE quite a formidable group I can tell you !!! ... 

On 4/19/2023 at 10:06 AM, webfact said:

Donlaphat suddenly slapped his girlfriend in the face in front of a lot of customers and forced her to leave the restaurant.

That is already wrong on so many levels. And unfortunately typical for Thailand. No one dares to intervene in such situations and just minding their own business...

• Thanks 1

On 4/19/2023 at 1:27 PM, Derek B said:

Agreed,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,just trash being soaked up.

They are written and Made by Women ? ... I think ? ... I must look it up ? ... Who actually makes the Thai Soap.

And it is mist certainly be being watched predominantly by them. I think.

On 4/19/2023 at 6:05 PM, steven100 said:

I hear ya ....  it just seems we read alot of violent acts being perpetrated here,  I know other places have crazy killers etc .... but here it is becoming an everyday thing,  there's many stories we never hear about also. 

They do have Transparency in reporting ? Or the potential of it in most daily things ? ... So you probably only hear about it more ???

Although I've been alive for many years and seen a lot, I still can't work out why any woman would willingly be associated with scum like that.

Sadly, such relationships are not uncommon. My first partner married a man she knew to be violent and had 2 children with him before she left him. When I asked her why, she replied that she thought she could change him.

I despair about humanity.

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, CLW said:

That is already wrong on so many levels. And unfortunately typical for Thailand. No one dares to intervene in such situations and just minding their own business...

They all probably just thought that it was funny at that stage ? ...

23 hours ago, thaibeachlovers said:

Although I've been alive for many years and seen a lot, I still can't work out why any woman would willingly be associated with scum like that.

Sadly, such relationships are not uncommon. My first partner married a man she knew to be violent and had 2 children with him before she left him. When I asked her why, she replied that she thought she could change him.

I despair about humanity.

A man choses to marry a woman for what she is.

A woman choses to marry a man for what he can be.

'twas ever thus

• Love It 1

On 4/18/2023 at 11:18 PM, MadMuhammad said:

If they didn’t love them they wouldn’t do that…. right?! Well that’s the excuse I get anyway 

My 300 lb stepfather used to tell me stuff like that when he was beating me up when I was 7.  He would say things about my natural father also while he was doing so, does it mean he loved him too?

On 4/19/2023 at 1:28 PM, IamNoone88 said:

I hope he gets dragged around the showers for 1km in a suitable Thai prison ... daily.

not a chance he'll go to jail, hardly any cases of domestic abuse here end up with a prosecution..