Keto restaraunts or shops in Pattaya?

PJ71

My plan was always to get some good tupperware-like containers and then finding a local restaurant that caters to Thais that will fill them up and then putting them in the freezer back home.

The idea being, almost all Thai dishes are keto-friendly provided you stay away from the noodles and the rice.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, JustThisOnePostOnly said:

I have no idea how to spell them.  But they're typically meat and veggies.  How much more keto do you need?

i assume they come with sauces so you can forget them

All these yummy thai dishes are normally full of oils / MSG / Sugar.....you'd be surprised how unhealthly there are.

Back to my original question, do you know of any shops / restaraunts with proper Keto meals?

1 minute ago, bignok said:

Bbq fish

Bbq chicken

Bbq pork

Bacon

Eggs

Quail eggs

Chicken liver

Bugs

Prawns

Oysters

Steak

They are not dishes, just items that could be put in a dish.

Do you know of Keto places in PAttaya or not?

Just now, PJ71 said:

i assume they come with sauces so you can forget them

All these yummy thai dishes are normally full of oils / MSG / Sugar.....you'd be surprised how unhealthly there are.

Back to my original question, do you know of any shops / restaraunts with proper Keto meals?

Any street cart that sells bbq meat or market. Any restaurant that sells seafood.

8 minutes ago, bignok said:

Buy bbq pork, chicken liver and quail eggs from the market. Put together you have a dish.

everything just suggest is road kill and similar to what i'd feed my dogs.

Again, i'm asking about shops or resto's, you appear to know of none so are of little help.

Just now, PJ71 said:

everything just suggest is road kill and similar to what i'd feed my dogs.

Again, i'm asking about shops or resto's, you appear to know of none so are of little help.

Bbq pork is road kill? Thai pork is awesome. Liver and quall eggs are very high in nutrients.

Maybe you arent really keto.

I posted this before I saw the above, which looks like it might be a better fit. But price wise, I think a DIY solution might be "more sustainable"!

Happy Keto. They're on the ground floor of La Santir condo on Chayapreuk Soi 3. They do just about edible bread. Not sure about other stuff. I buy off Lazada, but keto bread is probably the worst thing about keto, and what I miss most. Korean samgyupsal is relatively ok I think.

Thai keto dishes? Laab and omelette and maybe pad khana or other veg. But beware of sugar. Tom yam/kha should be keto. Most seafood dishes. Most dishes without the rice/noodle part. You could get any streetside Thai restaurant to do any amount of take aways which you could freeze (I think). If you were ordering in bulk, just say may say namtaan (no sugar), may say pong chualot (no msg) etc. Use Google translate to pass on your requests. Test out and then reorder if you like it.

Edited by bradiston

On 4/20/2023 at 4:41 PM, PJ71 said:

Give me an example of say, 3 thai dishes, you think are Keto?

Throughout your thread, you seem very clear of what is not keto.  What do you consider to be keto living?  Where would you usually eat when at home?  (I am assuming Pattaya isn't your full-time home.)

I have just spent 3 months in Thailand (not in Pattaya, but not far away), living keto, and living well.  My A1c tests are always at the best just after a Thailand trip.

On 4/20/2023 at 12:08 PM, bignok said:

Bbq pork is road kill? Thai pork is awesome. Liver and quall eggs are very high in nutrients.

Maybe you arent really keto.

that's too radical for most people.

people want keto versions of their favorite dishes.

for me, it's too much hassle to hunt down keto restaurants.

so bbq pork does the trick for me.

Nearly all Thai BBQ  meat, fish and offal have sugar added by the marinade and sauces and as such are not keto friendly!

I do keto from time to time and only ever trust what I have purchased and cooked myself so I can calculate the exact carbs in each meal.....

It is time conusming to cook all your own meals from scratch, but you can easily make big batches of curry, chili, stews, soups, etc. and freeze them.

I use Pinterest or just Google keto recipes....You won't have any trouble finding loads of great recipes!

Good luck! :thumbsup:

Edited by Troy Tempest
  • Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

3 hours ago, sharksy said:

Aren't the coconut base curries Keto? Thai Green Curry, Thai Red Curry etc

No. Green curry is usually referred to as sweet green curry, geng keow waan, so any amount of sugar may have been added. Same for paneng, garee, and "yellow". Mainly southern style cooking mostly favoured by westerners. Thais, I think, prefer hot and sour, even bitter, the latter almost totally shunned by westerners. Coconut milk isn't naturally very sweet, not to be confused with coconut water, which is, so mountains of sugar will have been added to sweeten a "coconut milk based curry". Coconut milk is used for thickening, flavouring and texturing, not as a sweetener. You can ask for a Tom yam, usually prepared without coconut milk, "nam kon" which means thick soup. Coconut milk is thus added.

• Like 1