‘License to kill’: How ‘Stand Your Ground’ gun laws are fuelling random shootings and racism across the US

Social Media

1 hour ago, 2009 said:

Thanks for the prompt. I did find some facts:

"Findings

In this cross-sectional study of 1 110 421 firearm fatalities, all-intent firearm fatality rates declined to a low in 2004, then increased 45.5% by 2021.

Firearm homicides were highest among Black non-Hispanic males, and firearm suicide rates were highest among White non-Hispanic men ages 70 years and older."

The link:

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC9709653/#:~:text=Black non-Hispanic men aged,100 000 persons in 2021).

The topic isn't about "all intent" firearm homicides.

Well, I think in a way, this story tops them all

Florida couple shot at after going to wrong house while delivering Instacart groceries

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/americas/florida-gunshot-hosue-deliveries-instacart-b2324991.html

The owner of the house actually blocked these people with his truck and then shot holes in their car. And guess what, under Florida law he didn't commit a crime.

“(A detective) asked if we wanted to prosecute and we agreed to do that, but he said since they didn’t break any laws or do anything unlawful, they couldn’t do anything because we were on their property,” Ms D’arville told WTVJ."

• Like 1

2 hours ago, placeholder said:

Well, I think in a way, this story tops them all

Florida couple shot at after going to wrong house while delivering Instacart groceries

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/americas/florida-gunshot-hosue-deliveries-instacart-b2324991.html

The owner of the house actually blocked these people with his truck and then shot holes in their car. And guess what, under Florida law he didn't commit a crime.

“(A detective) asked if we wanted to prosecute and we agreed to do that, but he said since they didn’t break any laws or do anything unlawful, they couldn’t do anything because we were on their property,” Ms D’arville told WTVJ."

The U.S. has gone mad.  Other western countries are on the same track.  Thank Mr Putin in Moscow, and his useful MAGA, ERG, shills who have taken over our governments.  Biden will have an uphill battle to get this genie back in the bottle, but the alternative is dismal.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 4/22/2023 at 2:24 AM, Bkk Brian said:

Just to clarify, Ralph (the black teen) went to the guys home by mistake

By mistake? Hmm...

But hey, who never tried to enter the wrong home when coming back from a long and hard working day. Happens every day.

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, JustAnotherHun said:

By mistake? Hmm...

But hey, who never tried to enter the wrong home when coming back from a long and hard working day. Happens every day.

You could always read the details if you like but hey much easier to doubt the victims word than blame the shooter, who shot him twice just to make sure.

Edited by Bkk Brian
  • Like 2

6 minutes ago, JustAnotherHun said:

By mistake? Hmm...

Nobody ever got an address wrong and went to the wrong house by mistake? Happens every day.

On 4/21/2023 at 4:36 PM, BritManToo said:

To be fair, If a large thuggish looking guy was trying my front door in an attempt to enter my home, I might shoot first and ask questions later as well. Especially if it were after dark and in a gang problem area of town.

Obviously that wouldn't be the case in a car park (cheerleaders), or a child knocking a ball into my garden.

5'8" and 140lbs mousy musician = "large thuggish looking guy"... Uhm OK. ????

• Like 1

On 4/22/2023 at 10:41 PM, NORDO said:

Start eradicating the people that misuse inert items to kill someone.

Nice rant, except for the fact that govt sponsored killings (death penalties) do not reduce non govt sponsored killings (murders). 

• Thumbs Up 1