Thailand notches highest temperature on record as 'monster' heat wave roasts Southeast Asia

snoop1130

1 minute ago, Bkk Brian said:

A lot of people in Thailand don't have air con. Locals I'm talking about. Regardless you are not at home all the time:

A Thai man was found dead in front of a coffin shop in Kanchanaburi. It is believed he died from the extreme heat of 40 degrees Celsius

https://thethaiger.com/news/national/thai-man-found-dead-in-front-of-coffin-shop-due-to-extreme-heat

More people die from extreme cold than heat. Malnutrition would be a huge factor for a homeless person. Lack of electrolytes and other nutrients.

9 hours ago, soi3eddie said:

I think @spidermike007 means remote from rest of the world. In SE Asia there are about a dozen countries to visit within 4 hours flying time of Bangkok.  How many countries are within 4 hours of main cities in Australia?

I can count at least 7 from Brisbane, similar for Darwin. (Boeing 777 cruising at 500 knots)

Just now, bignok said:

Which websites are more accurate?

What did you write in an earlier post? Oh yes: 

"Don't believe anyone. Walk outside see for yourself."

I did that, walked outside and its hot in Phuket, the same as the temp chart I posted

• Thumbs Up 1

Just now, Bkk Brian said:

What did you write in an earlier post? Oh yes: 

"Don't believe anyone. Walk outside see for yourself."

I did that, walked outside and its hot in Phuket, the same as the temp chart I posted

29 to 33 aint hot. 38 to 40 is hot. Thailand is always hot in April.

• Like 1

Today is turning out to be not so bad. Humidity way down around 40 percent in the western suburbs of Bangkok.  And temperature is at 40, too. Might get to 42 or so with this low humidity in a couple of hours. But all in all, things feel much better today.

4 hours ago, richard_smith237 said:

The feels like, is actually the ‘Heat Index’ its a genuine figure and is calculated based on the actual temperature combined with he humidity. 

We can be in the middle of the dry desert at 50 Deg C and its does not feel as hot as Bangkok at 36 Deg C with 90% humidity. 

Its the same with cool weather, we can be on the side of a mountain at -10 Deg C yet 5 Deg C in the UK feels colder. 

In the Heat Index is more relevant to how ‘we feel’ in the weather and thus more relevant to ‘human safety’ especially in when encountering extreme weather. 

RS>correct "We can be in the middle of the dry desert at 50 Deg C and its does not feel as hot as Bangkok at 36 Deg C with 90% humidity."  

That was my experience in Iran where I was working 50c hardly any humidity..not pleasant but bearable.

3 hours ago, bignok said:

Run the tap for 60 seconds until it cools down. Pipes heat up.

No, it's only cool for the first 15 seconds, then it's warm as the hot water from the roof makes its way down (this is a condo). Of course it depends where your water tank is kept, but in a condo it's usually on the roof. The last place I lived was a townhouse and the tank was in the basement, providing cooler showers.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, bignok said:

Prove these laws work in the atmosphere then with carbon dioxide with links. Otherwise it's just a false unscientific claim. Saying god exists doesn't prove he does. Lots of scientific theories are just theories anyway. Even gravity isn't 100% proven.

You should educate yourself on the meaning of "theory" in science. It's not just a guess. BTW, do you think gravity may not exist? 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, bignok said:

Researchers also touted cold fusion. Wake me up when you have a working perpetual motion machine.

6 hours ago, bignok said:

Life. I don't even worry about it.

Water has always been the source of life.

People would soon start whinging if they didn't have any. I remember the days when you couldn't use the toilets in Walking Street because of the water shortage.

Bit of a stink if it happened today.

7 hours ago, jaideedave said:

If thats the case how are all the false doomsday predictions made over the years turning out?

Wrong Again: 50 Years of Failed Eco-pocalyptic Predictions

Predictions and models fail quite often when incorrect assumptions and data are used to formulate them. That's no reason to throw out the baby with the bathwater.

Go ahead, buy a beachfront property on Tuvalu. Forget about house insurance, you won't even get a quote for a premium.

• Like 1