Importing a used car

Just now, bunnydrops said:

A guy from the UK brought his little MG sports car. Brought in a  shipping container. The container arrived along with the police. He got the car, but I don't know what it costed him.

What year was this ?

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Ralf001 said:

Yeah, before the import requirements were tightened to the point of effectively banning imports.

I don't know much about importing and I haven't seen the list of restricted items, but it seems that people when flying in still pay import tax on items they bring. Someone I know brought in a pool filtering system last year on the plane. The guy with the car was a bit of a scammer. Owned 49% of a company here with the other 51% divided 4 ways. He may have brought the car in through the company.

2 hours ago, ezzra said:

If he wants to go out of his mind and die in the process than by all means, do it, buying one locally will work out cheaper for him, also cars from the US have the steering on the wrong side so it's a big NO.

what is wrong with steering being on the left ?????????????!!!!!!!!!!!!!

8 minutes ago, bunnydrops said:

I don't know much about importing and I haven't seen the list of restricted items, but it seems that people when flying in still pay import tax on items they bring. Someone I know brought in a pool filtering system last year on the plane. The guy with the car was a bit of a scammer. Owned 49% of a company here with the other 51% divided 4 ways. He may have brought the car in through the company.

Does the company have a car importing licence ?

If not he did not use a company.

FWIW 5 years ago it was possible to import albeit with red tape and great expense.

• Thumbs Up 2