Diagnosed cancer

Tiber

Thanks Sheryl on my way to India, one flight for 5000 or so, pt with ct contrast about 4, 500 baht may have mri too, about the same, just want to get on with it 

2 docs there @BCH first would operate, but the prof wanted more scans, could not believe price here 40000for colonoscopy 

Have the op at Chula. Thanks again 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Sheryl said:

With Prof  Chucheep? 

Yes, he was def bushed, rushing, not too pleased colonoscopy was not to standard, but he wanted more tests anyway, so on my way 

Nice place bch.

First doc spoke to him at length on phone earlier about me while he was interviewing

Got over shock of cancer, know in few days time results 

Thank you

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/23/2023 at 8:42 PM, Sheryl said:

They are perfectly up to date on colon cancer treatment in Thailand and a number AN members have been successfully treated here.

Cost is a concern for private care if uninsured. Government hospitals are an alternative especially the larger ones like Chula in Bangkok.

Out of curiosity, what you he a ballpark figure for Chula to treat bowel cancer?

OP, I don't know where you come from but if its a country with free healthcare, I'd get yourself back there.

I was diagnosed with stage 3/4 cancer in 2015 and was just within the criteria for potentially curative treatment - although I was warned that I probably had 2 - 4 years remaining.  8 years later I'm still here and doing well.

Cancer treatment is very expensive and your entitlement to treatment shouldn't depend on your ability to pay.  Don't hang about - cancer doesn't, get yourself home, the sooner you get treatment the better your chance of a cure. You can return to Thailand when everything's done.

I received treatment in Leeds, UK and the cancer centre at St James's hospital there is state of the art - everyone should be able to access such treatment, not just those who can pay, hopefully you will too.

Edited by KhaoYai

23 minutes ago, KhaoYai said:

OP, I don't know where you come from but if its a country with free healthcare, I'd get yourself back there.

I was diagnosed with stage 3/4 cancer in 2015 and was just within the criteria for potentially curative treatment - although I was warned that I probably had 2 - 4 years remaining.  8 years later I'm still here and doing well.

Cancer treatment is very expensive and your entitlement to treatment shouldn't depend on your ability to pay.  Don't hang about - cancer doesn't, get yourself home, the sooner you get treatment the better your chance of a cure. You can return to Thailand when everything's done.

I received treatment in Leeds, UK and the cancer centre at St James's hospital there is state of the art - everyone should be able to access such treatment, not just those who can pay, hopefully you will too.

True, seeing what results are next few days and I'll go back. Bit indecisive first test but thanks for the kick up the ass

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, KhaoYai said:

Pure fluk I found out. Had colonoscopy 1600 baht few months, thought nothing amiss, bombshell when eventually realised,      need to marry girlfriend quickly if further test on Monday shows anything 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Tiber said:

India right now no colon cancer, but more tests. Mri 3.tesla 1600 baht, pet ct with contrast, colonoscopy, endoscopy plus plus blood works etc bundled 6000baht

Seen instantly really good. 7000 to get here, hotel 700 per night 

Best of luck with your results.

Can you please post what city in India you are in and at what hospital/clinic are doing the scans.

If you can post a link their website or contact details that would be great.

• Like 2

46 minutes ago, Adumbration said:

Can you please post what city in India you are in and at what hospital/clinic are doing the scans.

Calcutta, so many to choose from, search clinics with whatever u want, take money change with street money changer better rate than atm no change at airport robbers also Google maps on phone. . Sonocare or something just like, 100s of them

Just now, Tiber said:

Calcutta, so many to choose from, search clinics with whatever u want, take money change with street money changer better rate than atm no change at airport robbers also Google maps on phone. . Sonocare or something just like, 100s of them

On phone fat fingers 

4 hours ago, Adumbration said:

It's sonascan diagnostic and multi specialty clinic, 6 floors impressive place, but they all are 

Rupee is on its knees, get really good rate now

Edited by Tiber

On 4/23/2023 at 5:36 PM, HauptmannUK said:

In 2018 I helped a Pattaya expat return to UK for treatment. Stomach cancer. Long story, but he was the brother of my eldest daughter's boss at the time. Only about 58. He had treatment for over a year in Thailand at great cost - over 6M THB IIRC. It was just a money grab.  We got him back to UK. NHS were very good - into hospital the day after he arrived back. Sadly he'd left it too late and died within a month.  My advice - get back to your Western country ASAP.

6 million. that is HUGE money.... Assuming that was a private hospital?

I would go to thai public hospital as Im on the SS system here

4 hours ago, Tiber said:

Pure fluk I found out. Had colonoscopy 1600 baht few months, thought nothing amiss, bombshell when eventually realised,      need to marry girlfriend quickly if further test on Monday shows anything 

why do you want to marry the gf quickly??? 

23 minutes ago, Tiber said:

It's sonascan diagnostic and multi specialty clinic, 6 floors impressive place, but they all are 

Rupee is on its knees, get really good rate now

Can you post the name of the place.  Maybe a photo of their business card.  Thanks and best of luck.

22 minutes ago, Adumbration said:

Can you post the name of the place.  Maybe a photo of their business card.  Thanks and best of luck.

I'm using a small phone 

It's sonascan multispecialty kolkata.  Calcutta in other words 

The finest treatment that is available for a fraction of prices in Thailand I've been going for years, prostate, hernias, piles anything and everything 

Edited by Tiber
  • Like 1

12 minutes ago, Tiber said:

Thanks for that, but that's the place. Excellent par excellent, but 100s if not more 1000 s more probably of specialty clinics 

Wonderful

10 bucks now for visa but that applicant form is a headache 

I worked in Calcutta at Mother Teresa's street hospital a million years ago.  It was the most confronting experience of my entire life.

I have not been back since.  But I just checked on agoda.com, you can get a half decent room in the city for under 200 Baht.  Good lord that is cheap.

The biggest challenge for me all those years ago was finding anywhere to eat where I felt remotely safe that I would not get sick.

I imagine (hope) cleanliness has improved since then.....

Where are you eating and what is the food like?

32 minutes ago, Adumbration said:

I worked in Calcutta at Mother Teresa's street hospital a million years ago.  It was the most confronting experience of my entire life.

I have not been back since.  But I just checked on agoda.com, you can get a half decent room in the city for under 200 Baht.  Good lord that is cheap.

The biggest challenge for me all those years ago was finding anywhere to eat where I felt remotely safe that I would not get sick.

Can get room for 50 baht I'm I Mayfair fab hotel 3 star 1500 for 3 nights, had to rebook here for another ,4nights twice that amount could not use UK debit card on agoda 

India is not that bad, a dump, yes, lived there donkeys years ago and food is OK always eat 2 slices of lemon after meal, keep the trots at bay.... Eat wherever, heats a problem, but queen .Victoriactorias place good place for shade r

2 hours ago, Tiber said:

I'm using a small phone 

It's sonascan multispecialty kolkata.  Calcutta in other words 

The finest treatment that is available for a fraction of prices in Thailand I've been going for years, prostate, hernias, piles anything and everything 

Thanks for the lowdown on this place and let's hope your condition is not too serious.....and please keep the posters here informed as to your progress. All the very best to you Tiber.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Adumbration said:

Can get room for 50 baht I'm I Mayfair fab hotel 3 star 1500 for 3 nights, had to rebook here for another ,4nights twice that amount could not use UK debit card on agoda 

India is not that bad, a dump, yes, lived there donkeys years ago and food is OK always eat 2 slices of lemon after meal, keep the trots at bay.... Eat wherever, heats a problem, but queen .Victoriactorias place good place for shade r

I'm on voice call now very very good anyway my time is up in India soon just hope I can clear this cancer otherwise I'm up the Suwannee thanks for anybody that's taken interest it really is good good here so many investigation clinics for whatever the problem is just remember anybody following in my footsteps bring cash over far better razor Street Trader you will need Google Maps on your phone practice with it before you get here you most definitely will need it unblock your ATM card but try not to use it too expensive once my tests are completed on Monday I will change plane tickets and return all the best of everybody bye

• Like 1

On 4/23/2023 at 5:27 PM, scubascuba3 said:

Get treatment in UK (message simon43 for info he recently went back) or India, Thailand will only be a money burn, or don't bother getting treated

Really, I thought Thailand had some of the best facilities in the area??

7 hours ago, JimTripper said:

Really, I thought Thailand had some of the best facilities in the area??

Remember Kev in Thailand spent a million+ on cancer treatment, gave up and went back to UK, too late, died. You have millions available for cancer treatment here?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, scubascuba3 said:

Remember Kev in Thailand spent a million+ on cancer treatment, gave up and went back to UK, too late, died. You have millions available for cancer treatment here?

I thought he passed in Thailand??