Diagnosed cancer

Tiber

Thought I'd live a million years, then staring at death. Moderately differentiated adenocarcinoma is the wording.

Which way to go,   can see long waiting Thailand  . Where it was discovered, probably back to India. If pet scan and surgery can be completed in a day over there, but radiation maybe required, if that can be completed in Thailand without need to travel would be good   it's bowel cancer, pay my own way, no insurance 

Have to say, at peace with the world  ,. I'm 76, no idea of anything, just dry letter..... Go seek medical hrlp

Edited by Tiber
  • Like 2
  • Sad 3

1 minute ago, mokwit said:

http://www3.mdanderson.org/app/medcalc/index.cfm?pagename=coloncancer

3 year survival rates are more representative with stage 4. Can be as low as 20% after 3 years.

Agree, the OP used the term moderately differentiated. Is that Stage 4? I used the term overall, which is the average of all stages.

58 minutes ago, Tiber said:

Thought I'd live a million years, then staring at death. Moderately differentiated adenocarcinoma is the wording.

Cancer of what? They can be very different, if it was Prostate. at 76 you may be wise to ignore it, stomach, oesophagus or lungs would require immediate attention. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Tiber said:

it's bowel cancer

Bowel cancer according to the op, i would say get treatment anywhere but here in Thailand where they're not up to date on the latest treatments and the cost are prohibitive.

23 minutes ago, Tiber said:

Feel so sad for my mutts, had them for years, yes will have to say goodbye, maybe put to sleep, save them suffering, God help me 

Worlds in turmoil, cannot believe it's happening to me. Got nothing left in UK, but if life is short span, yes go back 

Read this, don't panic mate.

• Like 2

Feel so sad for my mutts, had them for years, yes will have to say goodbye, maybe put to sleep, save them suffering, God help me 

Worlds in turmoil, cannot believe it's happening to me. Got nothing left in UK, but if life is short span, yes go back 

• Like 1

Thanks Sheryl, I'll cert seek the prof, but I feel India will be fine too, maybe take a flight towards weekend but I'll make appointment at bch. To each and everyone this will happen to you too, one day, feels like an out of body experience 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, Tiber said:

Got nothing left in UK, but if life is short span, yes go back 

how do you know you won't wait months to get treatment through the NHS? source https://www.bma.org.uk/advice-and-support/nhs-delivery-and-workforce/pressures/nhs-backlog-data-analysis

The latest figures for February 2023 show:

• around 7.22 million people waiting for treatment;

• nearly 3.0 million of these patients waiting over 18 weeks;

• around 362,500 of these patients waiting over a year for treatment – which is around 169 times the number of people waiting over a year in February 2020, before the pandemic began.

• a median waiting time for treatment of 14.5 weeks – nearly double the pre-Covid median wait of 7.5 weeks in February 2020.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, driver52 said:

how do you know you won't wait months to get treatment through the NHS? source https://www.bma.org.uk/advice-and-support/nhs-delivery-and-workforce/pressures/nhs-backlog-data-analysis

The latest figures for February 2023 show:

• around 7.22 million people waiting for treatment;

• nearly 3.0 million of these patients waiting over 18 weeks;

• around 362,500 of these patients waiting over a year for treatment – which is around 169 times the number of people waiting over a year in February 2020, before the pandemic began.

• a median waiting time for treatment of 14.5 weeks – nearly double the pre-Covid median wait of 7.5 weeks in February 2020.

These wait times do not apply in cases of cancer and other life threatening conditions.

Another AN member recently returned to UK for investigation of possible cancer and was treated in a timely manner.

May also depend on where in the country one goes. 

But for this OP it is a bit premature to think about going back.

1 hour ago, Tiber said:

Thanks Sheryl, I'll cert seek the prof, but I feel India will be fine too, maybe take a flight towards weekend but I'll make appointment at bch. To each and everyone this will happen to you too, one day, feels like an out of body experience 

The problem with India for treatment is that you would have to stay quite a long time especially if chemo or radiation are needed as is often the case. Not very practical and hotel costs would add up. 

But first things first. You need to get the cancer staged,  then based on result consider treatment options. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Sheryl said:

P.S. BCH is a noprofit hospital and cost of scans there, while certainly more than India, might not be that much more when you figure in airfare etc. And you could probably get it all done on same day you see doctor. 

If it were me I'd want to know the stage as soon as possible.

And until you do, hold off on doing anything about the dogs. Colon cancer is,, completely curable in early stages. Don't be so quick to assume the worst. 

Again, thank you Sheryl, feel like bursting into tears at times then surreal, feel too like reaching out for my mother, not there for many a year

Catching bus to chonburi cancer hospital in an hour, see what they say, seeing as ive a day in hand, but I know I'll be put on hold

Tried ringing bch yesterday, I'll try today 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, KiChakayan said:

Means colectomy an operation that can be done laparoscopically in Thailand. Most likely to survive well into his eighties.

I had colon cancer surgery at Queen Sirikit hospital near U Tapao a few years ago.It was done the old fashioned way I guess.Recovery was the worst 2 years of my life.The surgeon wouldn't reverse the colostomy until I took chemo.I refused and instead had a PET scan.It was clear and had a Dr do the surgery at Ramathibodi in BKK. Horrible experience.There won't be a next time.