Diagnosed cancer

Tiber

10 hours ago, Sheryl said:

Thanks for the update. All the best and keep us posted.

Thank You,

Awaiting the final call,been to charity shops, bought pairs of pjs,fact is Ive bought loads,3 pairs long pants,need them,chilly morns,cheap,like new £3 to £5  ,M&S  bit long,2 inches off, quoted £12 pound a pair to repair ,cheaper to send to Thailand and return

The doc at BCH was astounded that I had voluntarily had an endoscopy without showing any signs of illness,really pressed me more than a few times on the subject.  I replied I agree but at Thai price of 40000 plus another 10 for biopsy, but at 1600 baht for India ,one hell of a difference.Was professionaly (no spell check on this comp,but looks OK) no its not!...Doc in corner of ops room ,one guy typing like fury ,banks of recording equipment,kept eyes tight shut,but did understand commands,cut ,cut cut,polyps

Also at BCH  ,yank stood alongside, just arrived from San Francisco,asked staff for mri,replied upwards of 50000,leapt at it,tried to tell him should have flown another 2 hours 3T mri available for 3600 Thurs and Sun only

Looking forward to getting a finish on this lot,.....no cancer weight loss,just cancer weight gain,...eating like a pig on food thats so damned expensive there in TH.

Nothing more to report,cept the cancer hospitals there in India,like palaces,beautiful,huge places,immaculate,staff trained to perfection,but outside its a dump

Keep telling myself ,its only a gastric banding op with a few added stiches,which it is,but there are trigger points I cry like a baby at this prospect  

Yes in home town,now know nobody  all dead moved away,know no one,which makes it more difficult

Edited by Tiber
  • Like 2

On 6/8/2023 at 3:05 PM, Tiber said:

Yes in home town,now know nobody  all dead moved away,know no one,which makes it more difficult

what is this home town in England ? just being nosey. Yeah the weather is fantastic right now. I’m back in the UK and after a couple of years away in Isaan I’d forgotten how beautiful England is. It’s trees trees and fields. 
Tiber you have shown some dogged determination through this ordeal where some would have given up. Well done. Remember that you are an Englishman, and have consequently won first prize in the lottery of life.

Have you had much contact to back home in Thailand ? 

On 6/12/2023 at 1:21 PM, Tiber said:

Southport, home base.

Weather fantastic,really beatiful,the food is out of this world,home made steak pie,.new potatoes,no small portions too,but soup from here on in i think

Think anyone would put up a fight for their survival. Cannot but think of the irony of all this,of all the happenings,all the situations Ive been in to dump me just two hours away from the finest diagnostic and by far cheapest centres on the planet,not only that but use them too. This silent killer would have become noticeable too late for a cure, like winning the lottery,but far far more.     looks like surgical team assessing me tomorrow for operation

Struggled with everything on arrival UK,but have gun-will travel Army benevelent helping,hearing,glasses,even into sheltered accomodation while im bed bound,good on them,teeth being made good £25  part private/NHS,cracked the damned tooth last week.

Much contact from back home?  not much,but wasnt much anyway,if she does join me Im sure a 8 hour shift at Wetherspoons as bottle washer bringing in 6000 baht a shift,would test the relationship

Feel OK now tho,this cancer must be a form of punishment,too many pleasures of the flesh has struck me down

Thanks for message too

I’m sure your progress and success is on all our minds as one day we’re all possibly gonna be in your shoes. We’re all ears. 

11 hours ago, Stevey said:

I’m sure your progress and success is on all our minds as one day we’re all possibly gonna be in your shoes. We’re all ears. 

Im dying,10 hour op,2 year recovery,not going through with it, other things too laid to me  My dogs 4 of them I feel so sorry for.  Thai gf for many years have to marry her before I peg it,  have to come over while Im able   phone now non stop with help even tho I know no body

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 9/4/2023 at 1:37 PM, Adumbration said:

Hello Tiber.

I hope you are doing ok.

Where are you located now?  Did you make it back to Thailand? 

It would be great if you could let us know how you are doing?

PM me if you want my contact to chat if you need support.

Tiber has been on my mind also as well as his dogs. I think it’s the notion that it’ll be us one day. 

Last info I could glean was he was in his old stomping ground of Southport. Everyone he knew had gone. I wanted to meet up with him as I have gotten back to the Uk 3 months back.

He indicated he was giving up on possible treatment offered in the UK due to the length of treatment, 2yrs, keeping him away from his life in Thailand.   @Tiber Come let’s have an update! 

6 hours ago, Stevey said:

Tiber has been on my mind also as well as his dogs. I think it’s the notion that it’ll be us one day. 

Last info I could glean was he was in his old stomping ground of Southport. Everyone he knew had gone. I wanted to meet up with him as I have gotten back to the Uk 3 months back.

He indicated he was giving up on possible treatment offered in the UK due to the length of treatment, 2yrs, keeping him away from his life in Thailand.   @Tiber Come let’s have an update! 

Last online Jun 15