Diagnosed cancer

Tiber

Had to be, mass detected stomach, endoscopy, boy that spray on the tongue method sure sucks. 

Hope springs eternal tho, no cancer blood marker, and more bilirubin flows thru my pipes than blood, supposed to kill cancer not too good 

A job tho. Not the usual 500 for biopsy, but 6 times amount sample goes to Delhi 

That place sonoscan in India is truly a marvel, cannot praise it highly enough 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Tiber said:

Had to be, mass detected stomach, endoscopy, boy that spray on the tongue method sure sucks. 

Hope springs eternal tho, no cancer blood marker, and more bilirubin flows thru my pipes than blood, supposed to kill cancer not too good 

A job tho. Not the usual 500 for biopsy, but 6 times amount sample goes to Delhi 

That place sonoscan in India is truly a marvel, cannot praise it highly enough 

What kind of mass exactly? Polyp (not unusual) or actual tumor?

3 minutes ago, Sheryl said:

What kind of mass exactly? Polyp (not unusual) or actual tumor?

They clamped up when asked, would not say cept something thing is there 

Only looked at sample bottle, lesions and mass are two words I recognise, doc wants me to return 7 days or so, I'll get him to send report instead 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Tiber said:

They clamped up when asked, would not say cept something thing is there 

Only looked at sample bottle, lesions and mass are two words I recognise, doc wants me to return 7 days or so, I'll get him to send report instead 

Still hoping it is nothing serious Tiber, but all the same, please keep us advised as to the outcome, and thanks for posting about your experience at this place in Calcutta, because it may come in handy for others of us here on this thread.

Good luck.

• Like 2

It's hard to get situation settled, had.further report stating to disregard earlier cancer diagnosis, too little to go on, have to await second

This clinic will not do the ct or pet unless family member is present should have bribed hotel staff, did a mri tho

Got 3 option if things go downhill, but I feel good, blood work OK liver function  one test down from 70plus to 50,fact one test the doctor showed results to staff and had it retested, liver obv doing it's job

It's hard to get situation settled, had.further report stating to disregard earlier cancer diagnosis, too little to go on, have to await second

This clinic will not do the ct or pet unless family member is present should have bribed hotel staff, did a mri tho

Got 3 option if things go downhill, but I feel good, blood work OK liver function  one test down from 70plus to 50,fact one test the doctor showed results to staff and had it retested, liver obv doing it's job

25 minutes ago, Tiber said:

This is the problem with inexpensive diagnostic tests at imaging centers etc.

It is easy enough to do the tests. But everything depends on the quality of the interpretation.

Make sure you get everything on CD/DVD to bring back with you. With biopsy  if possible get slide of tissue sample as well.

It may prove advisable -- and less expensive in the long run -- to get repeat colonoscopy in Thailand with Prof. Chucheep. 

• Like 2

Will be returned to calcutta next few months if cancer results are OK, mmy hearing is shot one twenty of cost there 

Gf wants to take me to family home for rest, depression guaranteed, near kanachanburi, 20 year old royal engineer died death railway 1943 buried there, always paid visit to him, given few years same situation, I was 20,20 years later, in royal engineers, still army days, couple friends shot dead in ni, lot topped  themselves....... My son, thy will be done... From mum and dad.... his inscription on grave 

Still on small phone, sorry

E

Do not think it could get worse... Well defined adenocarcinoma, some tissue  lined with squamous epithelium or words to effect, running around like a headless chicken.  With the good professor at bch tomorrow get going on this 

India is out like to go back to UK asked social services to help out but I'm waiting it gets worse 

13 hours ago, Stevey said:

Been following Tiber. How old are the dogs now. 

Two are old other two a labrador and a half and half? One one eye perhaps 3 years old

Edited by Tiber

On 4/23/2023 at 11:49 PM, driver52 said:

how do you know you won't wait months to get treatment through the NHS? source https://www.bma.org.uk/advice-and-support/nhs-delivery-and-workforce/pressures/nhs-backlog-data-analysis

The latest figures for February 2023 show:

• around 7.22 million people waiting for treatment;

• nearly 3.0 million of these patients waiting over 18 weeks;

• around 362,500 of these patients waiting over a year for treatment – which is around 169 times the number of people waiting over a year in February 2020, before the pandemic began.

• a median waiting time for treatment of 14.5 weeks – nearly double the pre-Covid median wait of 7.5 weeks in February 2020.

Plus it isn't a free service once you're out of the system, I believe expats are charged 3 times the cost of a residing Brits cost to the NHS and they want it in advance.

2 hours ago, soalbundy said:

Plus it isn't a free service once you're out of the system, I believe expats are charged 3 times the cost of a residing Brits cost to the NHS and they want it in advance.

I recently returned to the UK for urgent prostate cancer investigation on the NHS. I registered with a GP within a few days and stated that I had been an expat for the past 21 years, and had now returned to the UK for medical treatment.  No other questions were asked and I was treated promptly and for free by the GP and local hospital urology department.  Happily, no cancer was found, but had it been, all treatment would have been free of charge for me.

I think it depends on your attitude.  I was upfront and honest to my doctors about my residency history and no one ever raised the issue of having to pay or not qualifying for free treatment.  (I suspect that my doctors made their own decisions based on the fact that I was born and lived in the UK for 43 years, and that I wasn't a 'free-loader').

Also, cancer diagnosis and treatment is fast-tracked in the NHS.  For me, from GP registration through to the all-clear after tests and biopsy was about 9 weeks.

Edited by simon43
  • Like 2

8 minutes ago, simon43 said:

I recently returned to the UK for urgent prostate cancer investigation on the NHS. I registered with a GP within a few days and stated that I had been an expat for the past 21 years, and had now returned to the UK for medical treatment.  No other questions were asked and I was treated promptly and for free by the GP and local hospital urology department.  Happily, no cancer was found, but had it been, all treatment would have been free of charge for me.

I think it depends on your attitude.  I was upfront and honest to my doctors about my residency history and no one ever raised the issue of having to pay or not qualifying for free treatment.  (I suspect that my doctors made their own decisions based on the fact that I was born and lived in the UK for 43 years, and that I wasn't a 'free-loader').

Well good for you. It would depend on your doctors attitude, county, the length of the waiting list as well. I was having prostate troubles as well and since my father had prostate cancer I was thinking of getting checked but did some online research. I am 75 and both the NHS and Mayo clinic advised against it as statistically I have only 3.8 to 5 years of life left and if I did have prostate cancer I would probably die with it but not because of it. This was true of my father who died of a heart attack but not cancer. So now I take 'Uroflow' at 750 Baht a month and all is well.

We should realize that we are mortal and no amount of medical intervention is going to make us immortal. At 75 I am fit, slightly underweight and feel healthy but 75 would be a normal death age, every year after that is a plus. During old age one should come to terms with ones own pending death and not desperately seek its avoidance at all cost, hospice would be a better humane alternative for a failing body.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

I'm at bch now awaiting the prof, have scans from India, but it's stomach cancer now just a nightmare I feel old now really really really old I am old and I know but I've never felt this bad ever I came yesterday to the CH but wrong day but today is here anyway some of messages wrong because I'm using voice I hate typing on the phone

10 minutes ago, Tiber said:

I'm at bch now awaiting the prof, have scans from India, but it's stomach cancer now just a nightmare I feel old now really really really old I am old and I know but I've never felt this bad ever I came yesterday to the CH but wrong day but today is here anyway some of messages wrong because I'm using voice I hate typing on the phone

Sorry, I missed something. when/how did stomach cancer get diagnosed?

15 minutes ago, Sheryl said:

Sorry, I missed something. when/how did stomach cancer get diagnosed?

On endoscopy I have report from India I'm dreading the out come. Got total of 4 reports plus scanned images I'll go public if he will do op   went to India again last wrrk

Edited by Tiber

Just now, Tiber said:

On endoscopy I have report from India I'm dreading the out come

You have the final path report already? Or are just dreading and assuming it will be malignant? (big difference)

4 minutes ago, Sheryl said:

You have the final path report already? Or are just dreading and assuming it will be malignant? (big difference)

Yes and yes  I've tried charities in UK to help me out nothing, just feel helpless I'll see what the prof says on a couple of hours 

Just now, Tiber said:

Yes and yes  I've tried charities in UK to help me out nothing, just feel helpless I'll see what the prof says on a couple of hours 

Can't both be yes.

Either you are still awaiting final path report, or you have it. Which?

What type of help exactly are you looking for? You can return to UK and, with a cancer diagnosis, get treated in an expedited manner.

32 minutes ago, Sheryl said:

Can't both be yes.

Either you are still awaiting final path report, or you have it. Which?

What type of help exactly are you looking for? You can return to UK and, with a cancer diagnosis, get treated in an expedited manner.

Have nothing left in UK, might buy a tent live in that for month or so seeing as it's summer 

Yes final path report cancer think I put up it up few messages ago 

15 hours ago message 

Edited by Tiber

6 minutes ago, Tiber said:

Have nothing left in UK, might buy a tent live in that for month or so seeing as it's summer 

Do what Simon did, book a cheap B&B for a month in location of choice where hospital treatment maybe ok, he went to Blackpool in low winter season. Then register for NHS and away you go. If it comes up you are moving back permanently 

Edited by scubascuba3

13 minutes ago, scubascuba3 said:

Do what Simon did, book a cheap B&B for a month in location of choice where hospital treatment maybe ok, he went to Blackpool in low winter season. Then register for NHS and away you go. If it comes up you are moving back permanently 

Winter rates are totally different to summer 90 quid a night I've been looking at 

Rang ss see if poss they can put me up 

Edited by Tiber

32 minutes ago, Tiber said:

15 hours ago message 

So when you posted "Well defined adenocarcinoma, some tissue  lined with squamous epithelium" that was from the gastriscopy nto the colonoscopy?

And he previously said something about them rethinking an earlier cancer diagnosis, was that from the cokonoscopy and if so what was the outcome?

51 minutes ago, Sheryl said:

So when you posted "Well defined adenocarcinoma, some tissue  lined with squamous epithelium" that was from the gastriscopy nto the colonoscopy?

And he previously said something about them rethinking an earlier cancer diagnosis, was that from the cokonoscopy and if so what was the outcome?

The well defined report the latest one I did last week in India was from endo th| the first one was from colonoscopy done earlier in March think results were mixed there was no outcome second doc did endo, knew first was no good