Jewish student with autism had swastika carved onto his back, mother says

onthedarkside

image.png.969dec28dfc98da9ff2f8d7612f51a36.png

The FBI said it is in contact with authorities in Las Vegas after a woman said her Jewish son, who has autism, had a swastika carved onto his back.

"We are aware of the incident and are in regular contact with local authorities.

If during the local investigation, information comes to light of a potential federal civil rights violation, the FBI is prepared to investigate," the agency said in a statement Saturday.

READ MORE

https://news.yahoo.com/jewish-student-autism-had-swastika-223558775.html

image.png.89273d93d70198fef2f00900d4fca018.png

• Sad 3

The OP has the source, sounds like it was actually carved into the skin, the mum mentions the "injury."

The teen, who is nonverbal and attends school with a service dog, returned home on March 9th with a Swastika carved on his back, his mother, who wishes to remain anonymous, told COLlive.com.

The boy’s mother said that she notified the school about the injury by email that night, but was told by her son’s shadow that “nothing happened at school,” she relates. The mother also discovered her son’s service dog’s equipment bag had been broken and resewn.

The FBI is currently investigating the incident as a suspected hate crime, YNet news reported.

https://collive.com/swastika-carved-on-back-of-jewish-boy-with-autism/

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Slip said:

The victim may have inadvertently messed it up by squirming as these nasty little racists cut into his flesh.  The cross and four legs of the symbol are easy to distinguish. 

I'm surprised and disgusted to see our resident right wing members cheering on/ playing down this sort of behaviour.  

May they hang their heads in shame.

I was just making the point that it may not have been a swastika, because it doesn't look like one .

Can you understand what I am saying ?

Saying that It doesn't  look like a swastika certainly isn't condoning the action if it was indeed a swastika (or if it was a deliberate carving of an nature) .

Can you understand what "It doesn't look like a swastika" means ?

• Confused 2

2 minutes ago, stevenl said:

Wiggle wiggle.

Buddhist swastikas came in various different shapes, unlike the Nazi Swastika that is quite specific .

So it doesn't look like a Nazi Swastika , although it may slightly resemble one on the odd shaped Buddhist Swastikas

Examples

Is there a reason why the Nazi Party adopted the swastika from Buddhism and  Hinduism as their official symbol? Doesn't this contradicts with their  Scandinavian and Germanic culture-based core beliefs? - Quora

• Confused 5

4 minutes ago, eisfeld said:

Are you seriously suggesting someone etched a buddhist swastika onto a disabled jewish boys back in the US? While nazis are well known for their hate towards jews as well as disabled people? And that after saying it doesn't look like a swastika? Take a break and reflect.

No, I didn't say that someone may have etched a Buddhist swastika on a Jewish boy, my point was that it doesn't look like a Nazi Swastika .

The boy always has a dog and a carer with him at all times , one of them must know something and the Police should interview them both (in separate rooms) and ask them about it .

• Confused 2

9 hours ago, Mac Mickmanus said:

I was just making the point that it may not have been a swastika, because it doesn't look like one .

Can you understand what I am saying ?

Saying that It doesn't  look like a swastika certainly isn't condoning the action if it was indeed a swastika (or if it was a deliberate carving of an nature) .

Can you understand what "It doesn't look like a swastika" means ?

No, you were trying to minimize this attack on a child, and are continuing to do so.

Quit denying your blatantly obvious behavior.

Edited by Chomper Higgot
  • Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

They don't even know for sure that the boy was attacked.  No evidence of it at the school if you read the article.  

I understand that it vaguely resembles a swastika but there are no legs on the mark going up and down.

• Confused 1

2 minutes ago, Chomper Higgot said:

Which is I guess why this thread is filling up with obfuscation…. From the usual corner.

The comment you replied to was simply asking what really happened.  I don't personally have an issue with that.

You might ask yourself why you do.

1 minute ago, BangkokReady said:

The comment you replied to was simply asking what really happened.  I don't personally have an issue with that.

You might ask yourself why you do.

Why do I have a problem with attempts to minimize an attack on an autistic child?

Why do you ask?

• Thumbs Up 1

4 minutes ago, Chomper Higgot said:

Why do I have a problem with attempts to minimize an attack on an autistic child?

Why do you ask?

Why do you want to pretend that someone wanting to know what actually happened is in any way minimising what happened?

• Thanks 2