Experiences suspending television service at True Visions.

Fortean1

I wanted to suspend television service for four months, 1 June to 1 October.  I have called 1242 twice.  The first operator said to wait until early May.  The second operator said to wait until 20 or 21 May.  They also said make sure to pay your bill.  We have four tvs and pay 3,000 baht per month.  Oh, the guy said they could send an email to me confirming the suspension.

I know many people have dropped True Visions.  I just want to hear about experiences that are possibly good, bad, and/or ugly.

Terry near Hua Hin

Never anything but trouble any time I needed to change packages, move home, get the TV box that should come with what I pay for etc.

Internet and phone has been good. I cancelled their TV service after 7 years of use roughly a year ago and haven't looked back.

A friend of mine just used to pay the last bill he got before going home after a few months and then got them to reconnect upon his return by paying a fee at his local True shop.

Not sure if this is still the case but my dealings with them have always been effective through the call centre.

just changed to ais  far better   service

nothing but problems with True

we had a very old cable system with true and they would not renew also the ruiter 

so we went to ais and got fiber  optic   same day  

so Now we changed over to ais for both properties got a good deal 

internet seems  stronger  and the stability is better stable .

had to return all of true ruiters usb cables remote  ect ect and  closed all

now true are calling every day  even come to house  with new promotions and big promises

think we stay at ais 

ais called 2 times  if all is ok true never

u could call them  and ask what they offer .

in the past i've asked true visions about temporary suspensions.  as i recall, the rule was no more than 60 days and could only do that twice a year.  i did 60 days a few times and it worked fine, you tell them when you want to turn off and back on and that is it.  service resumes w/o you having to do anything else.

my service was shut off when i left during covid.  when i got back and got it turned back on, i was given a promotional rate for six months, half price.  if you shut it down for 4 months, you might get a  chance to do something like that.

It was harder than it should have been.

I ended up paying an extra month, then you need to go back to the shop with the box, then she had forgotten her ID card (not sure why) and they wouldn’t accept the box - I used a long hdmi cable because their short cable would reach my storage unit. Because I didn’t return the cable they tried to charge me an over inflated charge to replace the hdmi like 700B. I don’t know where the original was, we paid around 1500-350B a month at different times for 10 years and they were quibbling over a cheap Chinese cable. Then my landlord wanted the dish gone, they refused to remove it.

It was harder than should be, almost to the point of it being petty.

The reason i moved was because AIS was offering free IPTV (Thai channels) and I was saving myself 4000B a year, True were offering something similar but their sales guy called me, didn’t want to speak English or Thai with me and put the phone down 4 months earlier, the offer expired. I asked for a refund, no can do. I offered them a couple of ways to make it right, then took two phone a numbers and TV services (which I had had for 12 years) to AIS. Then every month for the next 6 they would call and ask if I wanted to return to them. Strange company.

3 hours ago, cracker1 said:

I would advise you to send an email to True telling them to suspend the service for the period you are wanting and confirm to them that you will not be paying during this time.

Surely that's a simple solution ?

It SHOULD Be a SIMPLE Solution,But with TRUE it Ain't.....Very Weird Company to deal with.....

13 hours ago, cracker1 said:

I would advise you to send an email to True telling them to suspend the service for the period you are wanting and confirm to them that you will not be paying during this time.

Surely that's a simple solution ?

I do not see any email addresses for True Visions.  Do you have one or more email addresses for True Visions?  Maybe my eyes are crossed.  I tried opening an account at their web site.  It is indeed a mess.

On 4/23/2023 at 5:53 PM, Woof999 said:

Never anything but trouble any time I needed to change packages, move home, get the TV box that should come with what I pay for etc.

Internet and phone has been good. I cancelled their TV service after 7 years of use roughly a year ago and haven't looked back.

The schedule is dreadful but I have never had a problem suspending their service.

You can do it by phone, email, even from overseas, through their website or call into any of their offices

Several years ago we took over a bar restaurant in Hua Hin. Went to the local True office to transfer names as there was 6 months to run on the contract, and it was easier than just cancelling. After six months we asked them to take the box etc. away. They said it would cost around 3,000 Baht. When I asked why they said my Wife had signed a new 2 year contract. Basically, they conned her as she specifically asked for just takeover. After two years we cancelled the contract, but they would not close it as they said we still had a tv box. Something we never had as the previous owner had it in their apartment, unknown to us. I said we never signed for it, but they insisted. We left it, but eventually had to pay 2,500 Baht after a court summons. We could have fought it, but in the end just paid and told them what we thought of their office, staff, quality of service, which was abysmal. We also told them, verbally, that we would steer any friends well away from them.

Years ago I refused to pay the bills, because internet was forever off and the TV was not much better....  They were messing me around, so I dumped all the kit inc dish in truevisions office in Pattaya and never heard from them again.

• Love It 1

• 1 month later...

Update:

T

Got the four months suspension, but no confirmation other than the phone call.  I was told that renewal on 1 October was "automatic".  We shall see.  Now introduced to streaming service here in Maryland.  That is amazing.

Terry

a few miles south of Hua Hin

• 4 months later...

We arrived in Bangkok on 3 Oct, then back home on Sunday the 8th.  No True Visions service so I called 1242.  The woman said there were thunderstorms two weeks ago in Bangkok.  I told her we were gone for four months to the U.S.  As we were talking True Visions service came back on our four televisions.  I always hesitate when someone tells me "automatic".

Terry near Hua Hin