Cabinet Extends Electricity Bill Subsidy

snoop1130

1682413829_239811-tnamcot-768x402.jpg

BANGKOK, April 25 (TNA) – The Cabinet on Tuesday approved the 1.1-billion-baht budget to provide discounts on electricity bills from May to August 2023.

The resolution will be forwarded to the Election Commission (EC) for consideration as the caretaker government can only embark on new spending with the approval of the EC.

Each household uses 300 units of electricity per month or less will get the same discounts for four months from May to August 2023.

Full Story: https://tna.mcot.net/english-news-1160636

tnalogo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai News Agency 2023-04-25

- Cigna offers a range of visa-compliant plans that meet the minimum requirement of medical treatment, including COVID-19, up to THB 3m. For more information on all expat health insurance plans click here.

The most versatile and flexible rental investment and holiday home solution in Thailand - click for more information.

1 hour ago, snoop1130 said:

Each household uses 300 units of electricity per month or less will get the same discounts for four months from May to August 2023.

So low income / low usage households will get the discount only.

Wonder what the Ft charge (Fuel surcharge) is set to, there was talk to increase that as well

31 minutes ago, MJCM said:

but why not do the same as previously, and discount on a sliding scale like this so a lot more people benefit.

9 hours ago, ikke1959 said:

Extreme heat so almost everyone will have 301 units this month.. As it seems a empty shell...again

Next sentence from the linked article - 

Those using between 301-500 units per month will get a discount of 150 baht for the electricity bill in May.

is it only for May however? The final sentence says the measures will benefit 41 million people..........

12 minutes ago, topt said:

is it only for May however? The final sentence says the measures will benefit 41 million people..........

In the article it says.

14 hours ago, snoop1130 said:

discounts for four months from May to August 2023.

So my guess it is for 4 periods (April - May, May - June, June - July, July — August)

1 minute ago, MJCM said:

In the article it says.

So my guess it is for 4 periods (April - May, May - June, June - July, July — August)

Yes but I was talking about the next level of discount over 300 units where it only mentions May but who knows.......

3 minutes ago, topt said:

Yes but I was talking about the next level of discount over 300 units where it only mentions May but who knows.......

I guess it’s the same period, but indeed we have to wait and see what really transpires because TiT 

• Thumbs Up 1

10 hours ago, ikke1959 said:

Extreme heat so almost everyone will have 301 units this month.. As it seems a empty shell...again

Falang mentality to the fore.

There are 3 dwellings on our land and the postbox is at my gate so I see 3 bills when they arrive. My sister in law and brother in law bills at the moment are below 1000 baht a month, less than half of mine.

They both have aircon but very seldom use it, they do not see the heat as a problem in the same way as foreigners.

The government has very little control over the price of food but can provide some benefit through electricity costs.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, h90 said:

There are many people, even Farangs, who don't have airconditions

I have aircon units but I don't use them. I find fans plenty good enough and I don't suffer from the heat  shock when I go out. Mind you, I do suffer from the cold shock when I step into some air conditioned places!

35 minutes ago, loong said:

I have aircon units but I don't use them. I find fans plenty good enough and I don't suffer from the heat  shock when I go out. Mind you, I do suffer from the cold shock when I step into some air conditioned places!

yes you can adjust....when I keep it turned off, I am somewhat too hot. But when I stay all the time in the aircon, I almost die if it is turned off.....Aircon is like a narcotic...once you start it is hard to stop

• 2 months later...

Just got my bill, biggest ever!

Surprised really... this past month has had a few cooler days, my Mrs was away for a week, and I took a bit of time off the pool pump. Still slightly more KWH though than last month. That AC in the other bedroom I use when she is away is perhaps not so efficient! The FT is the same.....as is per unit charge bar a satang.