TAT Expects 25 Million Visitors in 2023

webfact

8 minutes ago, nigelforbes said:

"So down 5 million in 3 months".

Well I'm sorry you're not getting your head around the point I didn't say what you think I did but have a look at this and tell me if you can see the word tourism or tourist.

@CartagenaWarlockHope you don't mind me quoting you here

57 minutes ago, CartagenaWarlock said:

In January, they predicted 30 million for 2023. You can always google and find out. My prediction is 20-30 million. So average is 25 mil. Not bad estimate. 

As you can see the words predicted and prediction are used by @CartagenaWarlock. My response was thus.

52 minutes ago, dinsdale said:

So down 5 million in 3 months. Maybe tomorrow up 2 mil. Nxt wk who knows. Fairly sure they said Songkran was mostly domestic tourists after Songkran. What was the TAT projection/projections before Songran? It just goes on ond on and most people tend not to believe the TAT projections. I guess some others do.

Hopefully you can see from the above two posts that it's about the prediction of 30 mil now down to 25 million. Not an actual drop of 5 million tourists. Sorry you misunderstood my posts and sorry you accused me of spreading misinformation and being a dullard that needs to grow up.:stoner:

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, BarraMarra said:

and C If they are welcomed there hard-earned money will be scammed out of them As soon as they have left the Airport Exit.

Sooner than that if they can work out a way of collecting their 300 baht slush fund.

• Haha 1

TAT said at the start of the year the numbers would be between the range of 24 million - 30 million, the level of recovery in the Chinese market being a major factor on where it falls within that range. I haven't seen them alter that forecast, just numerous articles reported here with figures within that same range. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, nigelforbes said:

The unelected caretaker PM is not interested in more tourist arrivals, him and his soldiers have scared have scared away many retirees and tourists since he and his soldiers stole the country in 2014.

22 hours ago, dinsdale said:

So down 5 million in 3 months. Maybe tomorrow up 2 mil. Nxt wk who knows. Fairly sure they said Songkran was mostly domestic tourists after Songkran. What was the TAT projection/projections before Songran? It just goes on ond on and most people tend not to believe the TAT projections. I guess some others do.

Last year in June, TAT was projecting 7 to 10 million international tourists for 2022.  I, myself, thought at the time that even 7 million was a big stretch.  Later in the year, with more data, that 7 to 10 million was revised up by TAT to around 10 million.   December 19th, TAT was projecting more than 11 million.  The final figure for 2022 international visitors was 11.15 million.  Pretty darn close.