Over 40% of working Thais are overweight and risk of developing associated diseases

snoop1130

1 hour ago, Taboo2 said:

Let met tell you what the future is...Thailand will end up like Americans...Obese, Diabetic, Heart Disease and other health issues.

Primary cause is the massive increase of eating Process junk crap food from the states...like Lays Potato Chips, Burgers wit shakes, the crap food in the malls,,,,those pretzels sticks with chemical laced flavors, Taco Bell, Burger King, McDs...etc.

I have seen an increase in the body shape of Thai women compared to the old days and I know the future and it is FAT!

STOP EATING AMERICAN PROCESSED FOOD AND AMERICAN DIET OF BURGERS AND OTHER CRAP.  

Go back to your great and healthy diet.

Burgers are fine if you exercise.

27 minutes ago, Des1 said:

Sugar in everything .. noodles, etc. unless you ask them to not add it, even soup broth has sugar added so no choice really, not to mention too much salt. Also, western fast food joints invaded Thailand years ago. An ice latte is full of sugar and cream. Education is the key but it is not an easy process. The medical costs down the road will be huge.

Even Ikea have gone Thai sugar mad. I had some new brocolli mash the other day and before I could say anything they laced it with honey syrup wtf.. they did politely replace it on request and gave me a strange look are you sure you dont want to have your lunch dripping with honey?

Edited by Snugs08

When I first came here late 90s there was no fast food, pizza or <deleted>ty Starbucks and in months here I never saw an overweight Thai. Then western companies arrived and it was all downhill

17 hours ago, Adumbration said:

I recently stumbled on the password for a very old account I had on Thaifriendly.  It still worked.

After browsing for a few minutes I was absolutely gobsmacked at how fat all of the girls were.

15 or so years ago when I was using the account I used to browse for girls under 50kg.  Now you are hard pressed to find any under 60kg and many are over 70kg.

My Thai wife is 57 and still weighs around 55kg, up from about 47kg in 23 years of marriage

1 hour ago, Taboo2 said:

Let met tell you what the future is...Thailand will end up like Americans...Obese, Diabetic, Heart Disease and other health issues.

Primary cause is the massive increase of eating Process junk crap food from the states...like Lays Potato Chips, Burgers wit shakes, the crap food in the malls,,,,those pretzels sticks with chemical laced flavors, Taco Bell, Burger King, McDs...etc.

I have seen an increase in the body shape of Thai women compared to the old days and I know the future and it is FAT!

STOP EATING AMERICAN PROCESSED FOOD AND AMERICAN DIET OF BURGERS AND OTHER CRAP.  

Go back to your great and healthy diet.

Try living in rural Thailand. The nearest McD to me is about 130 km. Taco Bell or  Burger king is in BKK about 350 km away. KFC or Pizza is the nearest in Kamphaeng Phet at 65 km away.

• Thumbs Up 1

19 hours ago, bignok said:

Pork and noodles won't make you fat without added sugar.

Noodles are carbs and once digested it's basically the same as eating sugar... they spike blood sugar... then the body will release insulin to control the blood sugar... and 2 hours later you will feel that "crash" when your blood sugar lowers causing you to feel hungry and the cycle repeats... (eat, release insulin, crash, eat...)

Basically the constant consumption of carbs/sugars every couple of hours... over time causes the body to become insulin resistant and insulin basically stops the fat burning process and the body just keep on storing all those carbs as fat.

That's why people that adhere to a low carb lifestyle lose so much weight. They control the release of insulin, feel less hungry and most importantly they burn fat (Ketosis).

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, SmartyMarty said:

When I first came here late 90s there was no fast food, pizza or <deleted>ty Starbucks and in months here I never saw an overweight Thai. Then western companies arrived and it was all downhill

For sure. Robinson's food court was a collection of thai food, not a foreign fast food outlet to be seen. I still remember commenting on it. And the bar girls (sorry, entertainment hostesess) were a vision of perfection. Those days are gone.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, SmartyMarty said:

agreed too much junk food and sugar now ,all headed for diabetes 

• Like 1

On 5/1/2023 at 4:29 PM, mfd101 said:

Yes, with my b/f (40 years younger than me) I try to avoid preaching but that doesn't work anyway. I try to set an example - high on vegs, high on salmon, low on carbs of all kinds & sources ... - but that doesn't work.

The only thing that works is his vanity and the approach to a week in Bangkok & the gay disco. Then he slims down nicely, though not by eating healthy, just by not eating. (Sigh)

Maybe all that tamping finally lets loose with your b/f that is 40 years younger when he goes to Bangkok.

No problem now, put Semaglutide in all the food and get thin.

Substance used for diabetic people, but in higher doses make you loose weight.

Well have to check my insurance company, but it seems to be in the package to have for obesitas.

Gained weight since i was 43, always was 82 and now way over it.

Never could get it down again. No more sugar in coffee, sugarless cola, no more desert, no more cookies and ...didnt work.

My life was active in job and even going to work on bike, but up and up.

Yha keto methode for a month, about 500 kcal, that brought it finally down about 10kg, but going up again afterwards. So obesitas? Have to call and visit doc.