One Person Dies and Two People Injured After Sedan Collides with Multiple Motorbikes in Rawai

webfact

image.jpeg

By Goongnang Suksawat

Rawai – A female rider has been pronounced dead while two people have sustained injuries after a sedan crashed into multiple motorbikes in Rawai.

The Chalong Police were notified of the accident on Monday (May 1st) in the early morning on Saiyuan – Naiharn Road in Rawai.

They and the Phuket Express arrived at the scene to find the damaged sedan on the road. The driver, Mr. Chatchai Jinda, 29, was at the scene waiting for law enforcement.

Full story: https://thephuketexpress.com/2023/05/01/one-person-dies-and-two-people-injured-after-sedan-collides-with-multiple-motorbikes-in-rawai/

image.jpeg
-- © Copyright The Phuket Express 2023-05-02

- Cigna offers a range of visa-compliant plans that meet the minimum requirement of medical treatment, including COVID-19, up to THB 3m. For more information on all expat health insurance plans click here.

The most versatile and flexible rental investment and holiday home solution in Thailand - click for more information.

13 minutes ago, Pique Dard said:

...are they any driving schools in thailand?

There used to be one in Chalong I sent my wife there when she wanted to learn to drive, I made her learn in a truck with a manual gearbox, She turned out a good driver, sensible and gives way, 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, ChipButty said:

There used to be one in Chalong I sent my wife there when she wanted to learn to drive, I made her learn in a truck with a manual gearbox, She turned out a good driver, sensible and gives way, 

a bit of luck !!!!!!

Many driving instructors learned while in the army. Many drive with good discipline. 

The method of civilian driving here is to assume people will avoid them. Sadly, not the case. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Road Warrior said:
5 hours ago, Pique Dard said:

NO-- if they are they NOT doing a good job !!!

How do you work that out?  From your "logic" (I use that word loosely), you must be assuming that the people who are involved in accidents such as this were taught by driving schools.  Perhaps the millions of people in Thailand who don't have accidents are the ones taught by the driving schools and they are doing a good job.

Wonder just what percentage of the population are even aware that driving schools exist. Outside of Bangkok most just progress from motorcycles to cars and drive in similar fashion. Judging by the success of the daily road block checks in my town, I'd suggest that a high number also deem it a waste of money spent obtaining a driving licence and /or road tax, let alone paying for lessons.

10 hours ago, ChipButty said:

My wife went to a driving school in Udon Thani.  Spent several months going several times a week.  On completion she did not get her drivers license since we live in Nong Khai but got all the paperwork to get one in Nong Khai. 

After getting her license she was starting driving with me in as a passanger.  Well at the first opportunity to pull over I had her pull over as she had all ready scared me.  It takes a bit to scare me as I spent two years as a US Navy Primary Flight Instructor and have seem many life threatening events developing before I changed the direction.

We then went into my personally instructing her.  Started in the local parking lot of the District Offices which were quite large and not used a lot.  From here we graduated to a local Park then finally to local streets.  

Needless to say I do not trust local driving schools at all.

15 hours ago, Pique Dard said:

I sent my wife to one near us, very well appointed with it's own off road practice road system, boot camp style 6 continuous days. She passed her test after 5 days but in my opinion she can't drive at all, its just an exam passing school. She needs weeks or months of supervised driving with someone who is not me because I would be scared stiff and we would end up divorcing