Entry to Thailand for a few days

Hi all

Back in 2021 i stayed bkk with tourist visa plus about 5 covid extensions.  

I left in 2022 with 4 day overstay and the  reapplied tourist visa and rentered via chiang mai and then bkk after 1 month back in uk.

Recent trip i got tourist + 30 days + 1 covid extension and left with 14 overstay(was hospitalied and needed to.opearte).

I entered bkk on 1st Feb 23 via TR and extended and left on 1st May.  Iam currently in Hong Kong and wondering is there any chance to enter thailand someway for a few days before going back to uk.  Flights are available to cnx, bkk, krabi, phuket

Edited by pantsonfire

2 hours ago, pantsonfire said:

I entered bkk on 1st Feb 23 via TR and extended and left on 1st May.  Iam currently in Hong Kong and wondering is there any chance to enter thailand someway for a few days before going back to uk. 

How long in Hong Kong before entering Thailand.

You would be planning on entering Thailand visa exempt? 

What would help is if you had your flight to UK to support outline of plans regarding stay in Thailand 

1 minute ago, DrJack54 said:

How long in Hong Kong before entering Thailand.

You would be planning on entering Thailand visa exempt? 

What would help is if you had your flight to UK to support outline of plans regarding stay in Thailand 

Exit stamp was 2nd may 12.15am.  Probably 4-5 days in hong kong.  Then will purchase a flight to uk pending if i get into thailand.  

TR be quite hard at short notice in hong kong so VE. Unless i can get TR on a friday but tr for a few days is it worth it

3 hours ago, pantsonfire said:

I entered bkk on 1st Feb 23 via TR and extended and left on 1st May.  Iam currently in Hong Kong and wondering is there any chance to enter thailand someway for a few days before going back to uk.  Flights are available to cnx, bkk, krabi, phuket

Any chance? Yes. Guaranteed entry visa exempt through an airport? No.

If you must fly direct to a Thai airport to enter visa exempt, I recommend CNX. Better would be to fly to Vientiane and enter Thailand via the Friendship Bridge to Nong Khai. You could then fly to Bangkok from Udon Thani.

As I am sure you appreciate, your immigration history (regardless of the reasons) does not look good.

2 minutes ago, pantsonfire said:

TR be quite hard at short notice in hong kong so VE. Unless i can get TR on a friday but tr for a few days is it worth it

Unless policies have changed again, there is zero chance of a tourist visa from the Thai embassy in Hong Kong unless you have a Hong Kong residence visa. (If you could get a tourist visa, you would almost certainly be safe entering Thailand through CNX.)

50 minutes ago, pantsonfire said:

Unless i can get TR on a friday but tr for a few days is it worth it

You won't obtain TV.

Can't think of a reason why you would want to enter Thailand for few days.

Also staying in HK for few days only is sketchy at best. 

Fly to UK.

If you want few days somewhere fly HK to Saigon (UK are visa exempt) then back to UK. 

2 hours ago, DrJack54 said:

You won't obtain TV.

Can't think of a reason why you would want to enter Thailand for few days.

Also staying in HK for few days only is sketchy at best. 

Fly to UK.

If you want few days somewhere fly HK to Saigon (UK are visa exempt) then back to UK. 

Have friends and people wanting to meet there. Just want to see them again before fly to uk.  

So it appears there is no solution to my scenario

5 minutes ago, pantsonfire said:

Have friends and people wanting to meet there. Just want to see them again before fly to uk.  

So it appears there is no solution to my scenario

Skip it.

Silly idea. I have posted in many of your threads.

This one is a No Go as you are suggesting entry from HK visa exempt with your history. 

If it was essential then you would fly to nearby country and attempt to enter via land borders.

If your friends are so keen suggest to them to have mini holiday in Saigon and meet you there 3500baht return 

Ripper joint. 

Edited by DrJack54

Forgot to mention i have hk id so i only just go to hk for a week to get my replacement hk id.  Though, i live in UK.

Reason i just wanted to go baxk to bkk was to meet my thai friends then back to uk after 3 days.  Land border be quite difficult for me as i have 2 suitcases.

Cnx? Krabi? Phuket?  If none of these work. Guess time to abandon the idea.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, pantsonfire said:

Forgot to mention i have hk id so i only just go to hk for a week to get my replacement hk id.  Though, i live in UK.

Reason i just wanted to go baxk to bkk was to meet my thai friends then back to uk after 3 days.  Land border be quite difficult for me as i have 2 suitcases.

Cnx? Krabi? Phuket?  If none of these work. Guess time to abandon the idea.

Try calling the embassy now, explaining the situation, and asking if they will issue you a transit visa the same day.

57 minutes ago, BritTim said:

Try calling the embassy now, explaining the situation, and asking if they will issue you a transit visa the same day.

They wouldnt offer and only for stay i  airport whatever he said.

Iam guessing cnx isnt an option on ve?

Edited by pantsonfire

14 minutes ago, pantsonfire said:

Iam guessing cnx isnt an option on ve?

It would be a better option than either of the Bangkok airports, but there would still be a risk of a denied entry. If you had a flight out within a few days to the UK, your chances would be very good, but not 100%.

• Like 1