Is border bounce stamp extendable at Immigration?

I leave on July 2, but the current visa is up on May 8.  I got sick, so time is close.  I am doing a border bounce to vtn.  Will that work until July 3 (can I get an extension on the border bounce stamp?) 

Assuming you qualify for a Visa exempt entry, on May 8 you will get 30 days so until 6 June. You can then apply for a 30 day extension which will give you until 6 July (so your 2 July departure is covered, even if you left for border run earlier than 8 May)

Edited by Pattaya57
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Thanks 1

@cubism001 - Are there any specific reasons why you want to do the border-bounce by flight to Vietnam and back?

E.g. combining it with a short sightseeing/holiday over there, or having used up your land-border crossings already.

Where are you located, as that will determine whether a land-border hop might not be quicker, cheaper and more convenient.

• Haha 1

20 minutes ago, Red Phoenix said:

Are there any specific reasons why you want to do the border-bounce by flight to Vietnam and back?

Think he means Vientiane.

OP for the extension if you are in Bangkok you will apply at Laksi immigration 

• Thanks 1

I did mean Vientiane.  I'm not well yet, operating on a low frequency.  Not being well yet is why I want to fly.  I think it's just the cumulative heat & bad air.  

That's great.  So I can extend at Immigration.  Thank you.

• Thumbs Up 1