Tourist Police launch campaign to enforce Alcohol Ban during elections, targeting entrepreneurs and tourists

webfact

8 hours ago, webfact said:

As a crucial component of the campaign, tourist police officers distributed leaflets in various languages to inform tourists and operators of shops and entertainment venues about the alcohol ban in the constituency.

Will the weed shops remain open?

18 hours ago, JTXR said:

In my country a lot of sober voters elected a sociopathic, congenitally lying sexual predator, so I'm not sure drunken people shouldn't be allowed to vote too.

And with Al Gore as his vice president, too.  

• Haha 1

12 minutes ago, richard_smith237 said:

Because the alcohol bans are not about preventing ‘drunk voters’.... but from preventing those in positions of power from influencing votes by ‘throwing events’.... (i.e basically, buying the masses booze and a general good time)... 

Regulations such as this are antiquated and highlight the underlying juvenile mindset of Thai authorities so typical of the shortsightedness exampled by developing nations. 

A complete lack of education and modern worldly ways.

These guys have got no flaming idea.

they complain about the fall in tourist numbers and then they put alcohol restrictions on for what? An election that everyone knows what the result will be. I will be elsewhere and I think there will be a few peeved off tourists. Time to get into 2023  thailand

• Sad 1

22 hours ago, Bangkok Barry said:

Two questions:

1 - why is there a ban on alcohol sales when there is an election?

2 - why are they targetting foreigners (again) when the election has nothing to do with them?

the tourists in the cop's selfie look like they are wondering the same thing????

• Haha 1

On 5/5/2023 at 9:54 AM, JTXR said:

In my country a lot of sober voters elected a sociopathic, congenitally lying sexual predator, so I'm not sure drunken people shouldn't be allowed to vote too.

I didn't know 'Joe' could still get it up?

On a ‘normal’ night go round all the entertainment venues in the tourist areas in Pattaya and count how many Thai citizens are drinking in them.  I guess nearly zero, the Thai citizens will have stocked up days before and do what they normally do have a party at home.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

How many unfortunate tourists landed in Thailand today, to find one of the very valuable days of their short 3/4/5 day "holiday" is dry, no bars open?

Go Thailand, continue with losing repeat visitors to this "holiday" destination!

On 5/5/2023 at 4:21 PM, Bangkok Barry said:

Two questions:

1 - why is there a ban on alcohol sales when there is an election?

2 - why are they targetting foreigners (again) when the election has nothing to do with them?

Simply because they are dumb as a bag of rocks. 

• Sad 1

15 hours ago, CanadaSam said:

How many unfortunate tourists landed in Thailand today, to find one of the very valuable days of their short 3/4/5 day "holiday" is dry, no bars open?

Go Thailand, continue with losing repeat visitors to this "holiday" destination!

If you on holiday do you not check what’s on the days you are there ?

I am sure if some can’t go with out alcohol for 24 hours they have an addiction problem.