RIP Ubon Joe - ASEAN NOW visa expert

A fountain of knowledge on passports and immigration, Joe was also a scrupulously fair moderator. He will be greatly missed. My condolences to his wife and other members of his family.

May Ubon Joe rest in peace.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

I was shocked to hear about this very sad news just now, while reading another thread.

A great moderator (I know him only as such) who replied fast and precisely. Always with a helpful intention. 

My condolences to his wife and other members of his family.

What a loss... Very sad...

RIP Joe.

Edited by ravip
  • Like 2

Very sad news indeed. There are tears in my eyes.

He helped me numerous times to navigate the visa rigmarole with direct answers to questions and often from posts already made to help others.

Thaivisa & Asean Now are very lucky to have had Ubon Joe as a contributor..

• Like 2

Rest In Peace Ubon Joe, you where a great wealth of information and one of the very rare people one could surely bank on any information you gave. "Asian Now" will never be the same anymore.

My sincere condolences to family and friends ! You really will be missed.

Best regards.

Wai .gif

• Like 1

Really sad news. I had already missed his sage advice and information. I'm one of those he helped swiftly, effectively and in a friendly way, who never rose to any bait and seemed to have eternal patience. I always wondered who the man was behind the handle 'Ubon Joe' and what motivated him. 

I was actually on the verge of asking in the forum what was up, because I'd noticed his absence recently with Dr. Jack fielding all of the visa balls bouncing all over the place.

• Sad 1

RIP Joe

in your life you are a mystery to yourself, but after you die everyone suddenly knows very well what you were like - if only they had told you sooner.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1